Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

GalacticPetey said:
I just hope his Garchomp doesn't have stone edge.

Trust me, I would make sure Togekiss had Serene Grace and Air Slash for that high flinch chance.

hmm if it does have stone edge that could be a problem, although its 80% accuracy is kind of a bad thing so yeah.

Although its best to prepare for the edgequake combo though.

Iron head is pretty common on Garchomp, so you might have a hard time with it.

Uzu Sanageyama said:
Iron head is pretty common on Garchomp, so you might have a hard time with it.

man im still not used to steel being an offensive threat now.

I seriously need to play again sometime soon, havent played much in quite some time.

Though it is nice to see Poison and Steel get some more offensive use. If poison was strong against another type or two, I might consider using one.

GalacticPetey said:
Though it is nice to see Poison and Steel get some more offensive use. If poison was strong against another type or two, I might consider using one.

hey man nidoking got a buff this gen, plus poison/ground aint too bad.

I do like Nidoking. Like I said, if poison was effective against something else like fighting or water, he would definitely have a spot in my team.

Smg2daisy said:
Is it possible to transfer battle points to another player?
No!

That would defeat the entire purpose. Battle Points are meant to be earned by each player, demonstrating their commitment to the franchise.

And by commitment to the franchise, I mean commitment to wasting time grinding.

You can actually get 10 free BP from using Pokebank for the first time. You can choose between those or pokemiles. I don;t know if you can get more later.

GalacticPetey said:
If you're lazy, it's almost enough to get one of the power items.
yeah, but having just one is kinda pointless because you need multiple to ev train your pokemon in multiple stats

from what i've heard, it's much faster thanks to horde battling which allows you to KO 5 pokemon at once and get a ludicrous amount of evs from one battle

i never bothered to look into the specifics though

It's definitely faster to horde battle. If you EV train a stat to 252 via Super Training, I'd say it'll take about 10-15 minutes. If you do use the Horde method with Pokerus, a Pokemon with Sweet Scent, and a Pokemon with a move that hits all 5 Pokemon, it will take less than 5 minutes.

Thrawn said:
Smg2daisy said:
Is it possible to transfer battle points to another player?
No!

That would defeat the entire purpose. Battle Points are meant to be earned by each player, demonstrating their commitment to the franchise.

And by commitment to the franchise, I mean commitment to wasting time grinding.

i reckon you could buy whatever item you want with the battle points, attach it to a pokemon and trade it

Which Pokemon should I add to my team out of Mr. Mime, Fearow or Lapras?
My team already is Blaziken, Absol, Ludicolo, Tentacruel and Altaria.

hmm mr. mime is an okay special attacker, but his physical stats are pretty horrible, fearow is just bad to begin with, and lapras aint too bad actually, learns some decent moves and water/ice isnt the worst typing in the world.

Plus okay defenses and nice hp make it able to take some hits, although the speed could be an issue.

Overall i reconmend lapras out of the 3.

Giga12 said:

You already have 2 water types, so skip Lapras and Altaria serves as your flying pokemon, so no need for Fearow. That leaves Mr. mime. By the way, that looks like Mr. Conroy's Emerald team sans Slaking.

Randy Cunningham said:
Giga12 said:

You already have 2 water types, so skip Lapras and Altaria serves as your flying pokemon, so no need for Fearow. That leaves Mr. mime. By the way, that looks like Mr. Conroy's Emerald team sans Slaking.

yeah i was gonna point it out but ive had two water types on my team before so it isnt always that bad.

Randy Cunningham said:
Giga12 said:

Must be a coincidence.

Back