Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

I like using Articuno, Entei, and Lugi, but that's just about it.

GalacticPetey said:
If I'm not going with a sand team, it having Tyranitar even worth it? I really like him, but I have a feeling the sand is really going to get in the way of my team as well.

Your other choice was Blastoise, so I can recommend it. It's only weak to grass and electric and it can counter both of them with Ice Beam and Earthquake. However, don't be fooled by the Mega Evolution stats, there have been times when my Blastoise would go down in one hit or the opponent would hang on with a sliver of HP.

Randy Cunningham said:
GalacticPetey said:
If I'm not going with a sand team, it having Tyranitar even worth it? I really like him, but I have a feeling the sand is really going to get in the way of my team as well.

Your other choice was Blastoise, so I can recommend it. It's only weak to grass and electric and it can counter both of them with Ice Beam and Earthquake. However, don't be fooled by the Mega Evolution stats, there have been times when my Blastoise would go down in one hit or the opponent would hang on with a sliver of HP.
I was gonna run a Mega Launcher set. All the pulse and aura moves get a power boost.

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Rapid Spin

Randy Cunningham said:
Good type coverage, but you can't do much against grass and electric types.

well the dark and fighting combo does neutral damage at least, but that still leaves mega blastoice open.

Sadly i cant think of anything else though as rapid-spin is a fantastic support move.

GalacticPetey said:
That's what team support is for. Ferrothorn laughs at your pathetic grass and electric moves.

Ferrothron laughs at everything that isnt fire or fighting, so lol(good choice btw, ferrothorn is awesome).

GalacticPetey said:
I know he is. I guess my biggest fear must be Blaziken then.

well if its speed boost blaziken any setup will be dangerous so yeah.

Of course jellicent makes a good counter to that, at times.

GalacticPetey said:
You may know him as the user NABO. He hasn't posted here in a long time though.

oh that dude.

Well he seems pretty knowledgeable about pokemon so im not surprised now.

I'm gonna be breeding a Perfect IV team soon. Just need some friend safari dittos. I've got all the other things I need.

Mu current plan is to use Blastoise, Ferrothorn, Blaziken, Togekiss, Aegislash, and probably a dragon type. I just don't know which one.

well haxorus is quite a good dragon, decent speed, good coverage, huge attack stat, and dragon dance.

salamence is also pretty good, has many sets, can be both physical or special sweeper, learns roost, dragon dance, among other reasons.

Although that ice weakness is terrifying.

I mean theres a good chunk of good ones so im sure you wont have much trouble finding one.

GalacticPetey said:
Yeah, I want to try to avoid a 4x ice weakness, especially since NABO has a Cloyster.

well you could be a dick and get dialga, whom has no ice weakness lol.

Although that thing is a bit too powerful and plus its weak to fighting.

Um... hmm.. hydreigon is good if you're looking for a special sweeper, plus the guy has such a good move pool. Weird speed stat though and no dragon dance.

Although i hear hydreigon can even run a physical set although pretty sure it wont be as devastating as a special set.

Looking at Hydreigon's stats, both of his attacks stats are good. A mixed set would work, though I may be more inclined towards special set. He does have a x4 fairy weakness, but I don't think he has a fairy on his team. The biggest threat would be his Garchomp, but he has the same weakness.

GalacticPetey said:
Looking at Hydreigon's stats, both of his attacks stats are good. A mixed set would work, though I may be more inclined towards special set. He does have a x4 fairy weakness, but I don't think he has a fairy on his team. The biggest threat would be his Garchomp, but he has the same weakness.

Garchomp isnt too bad as long as is there isnt some sort of sandstorm going around, although that depends on the ability though.

Concerning hydreigon though his special set has more moves to work with if i remember correctly, although garchomp is faster then hydreigon so you need to make it count.

I would definitely invest in some speed EVs. Garchomp's SpD is 85, that combined with a Draco Meteor from a Hydreigon should do some serious damage.

GalacticPetey said:
I would definitely invest in some speed EVs. Garchomp's SpD is 85, that combined with a Draco Meteor from a Hydreigon should do some serious damage.

possibly ohko but not sure.

Although using hydreigon as hit and run is a pretty good idea too.

GalacticPetey said:
Togekiss will also be a solid Garchomp counter. She is immune to Earthquake and Outrage.

well that works too, plus togekiss is horrifying if used properly.

Although without paralyze status and flinch chance you might have a hard time, its not a fast pokemon.

I just hope his Garchomp doesn't have stone edge.

Trust me, I would make sure Togekiss had Serene Grace and Air Slash for that high flinch chance.

Back