Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

Re: Javelin's Pokemon Advice Thread!

They're going to be ev trained on my own.

the only guide I'll need are places to ev train.

and I'll make my own move sets.

althought I take your suggestion on return and toxic.

javs is this still your advice thread or has this become a general pokemon advice thread

Maylene said:
javs is this still your advice thread or has this become a general pokemon advice thread
no, it's still mine

it would have become a general advice thread if i didn't keep yelling at NABO

Dr. Javelin said:
Maylene said:
javs gimme a whimsicott in pokemon x
can't you catch cottonee in the friend safari?

there currently isn't a way to get cottonee/whimsicott in pokemon x/y

hey wait what the hell i thought you were supposed to be giving the advice here, step up yer game javs.

They have very similar movepools. However, Sawk hits harder and faster than Throh who has more hp and slightly higher defenses.

IMO, Sawk.

Sylveon said:
Who is better, Throh or Sawk?
Sawk, for several reasons.
1. He's taller
2. Blue is a cooler color than red
3. Okay on to serious reasons.

Sawk is faster than Throh with a (somewhat) usable 85 base speed. He's got more attack than Throh (120 compared to 100), which makes him noticeably more dangerous.

And... that's basically it. They learn pretty much the same moves, except Throh learns Circle Throw which is basically a Fighting-type version of Dragon Tail. Which is... kinda useful? I dunno, if Throh had better defensive typing then it would be pretty useful to just go around using Circle Throw and making the enemy team take damage from entry hazards, but Fighting-type isn't very good defensively.

So yeah, Sawk is better.

Javelin if every pokemon was in the 1st gen (All of the pokemon have dark, steel and fairy removed) who would be the strongest pokemon ever?

Sylveon said:
Javelin if every pokemon was in the 1st gen (All of the pokemon have dark, steel and fairy removed) who would be the strongest pokemon ever?
Arceus would destroy everyone with STAB Hyper Beam or ExtremeSpeed.

Remember that in 1st Gen, if you KO with Hyper Beam you don't have to recharge. Considering Tauros was a monster in 1st Gen because of this, Arceus would be even more dangerous.

Kyogre would still be monstrous of course, as would Mewtwo, but they wouldn't be able to compare to STAB Hyper Beam or ExtremeSpeed.

But then how would you make arceus counter rock and ghost types?

unless for that you spam amnesia for the rock types or shadow ball for ghosts.

Spamming Amnesia wouldn't help attack because in Gen I, all Normal-type attacks are physical attacks.

I'm not saying he's unstoppable, but he would be the best 'mon in Gen I.

Also care to mention what's the worst ṕokemon of each type?

1 pokemon per type please and I need your reasons.

the worst from every type out of all 700+?

uh... that'll take some time

Please note that this list regards pokemon as they are and doesn't account for evolutionary potential.

Water - Magikarp: Yes, it is cliche, but it is true. Even Feebas is better with Adaptability. All Magi gets is Rattled. Also, havinga higher SAtk and a nonexistant special movepool just don't work.

Grass - Sunkern: It's like a Grass Plate Arceus with 1/4 the stats and a worse move pool

Fire - Ponta: Ok stats, shit movepool.

Dragon - Druddigon: Has an abysmal 45 Base speed and a base attack that is less than 4 points above average for a FE Dragon. Most dragons are better. Like Garchomp. Twice as fast, 10 more attack.

Ground - Stunfisk: It just looks stupid and is too slow to be good. It is built like a tank, a toy tank that is.

That's all for now, I'll probably post more later.

Back