Year of Luigi...again?

^Sticker Star HD: The Stamp Edition :D

Mario4Ever said:
^Sticker Star HD: The Stamp Edition :D

If that ever happens I will change my name to Justin Bieber and live in sibiria for the rest of my life.

I still say we kill off Mario, establish a series canon starring Luigi, and split the timeline into three segments.

You guys did read the article, right? It's not officially still the Year of Luigi in 2014, they're just still going to be selling some of the existing stuff.

it is twenty years in the future. nintendo, wishing to give some of their minor characters some love, celebrates Mario's 50th birthday with a Year of Mario, in honor of the outshined, smaller brother of the Super Luigi Bros

Zae said:
Tauriel said:
Paper Luigi plz
this so much
Big YES!

Bonus points if he returns to the Waffle Kingdom. Then we'd actually get to see Princess Eclair (although it is fun browsing through the various fan-made designs of her).

Walkazo said:
Zae said:
Tauriel said:
Paper Luigi plz
this so much
Big YES!

Bonus points if he returns to the Waffle Kingdom. Then we'd actually get to see Princess Eclair (although it is fun browsing through the various fan-made designs of her).

the best thing would be the situations and reactions of the partners.

Zae said:
i wish there was a year of peach instead.
^ Yes please.

Tauriel said:
Paper Luigi plz
That would actually be pretty cool. They should, or could, make a game where the focus lies on Luigi during the events of PM and TTYD. They could call it "Paper Luigi: Untold stories" or something like that.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
WolferLufe said:
It should be an entire decade of Luigi.

One year is already way too long.

Give one half to Luigi, the other to Baby Luigi, and I'm sold

I'm just glad that Luigi has been getting more spotlight time in mainstream games as of late. Now, I don't think Luigi should get another year dedicated to him (at least not until another 5 or 10 years), but I would love for him to start getting more roles as a mainstream character. Dream Team, Dark Moon, and New Super Luigi U were all a step in the right direction. Super Mario 3D World as well since you actually got to play as Luigi without having to unlock him. Hopefully, Nintendo will use this more often.

But yes, I agree that Peach should get more spotlight time as well. Hopefully, we'll get to see a Super Princess Peach 2 someday. Heck, we got another Luigi's Mansion so I don't see why not.

I believe every year is Year of Mario.

MarioLuigi25 said:
I'm just glad that Luigi has been getting more spotlight time in mainstream games as of late. Now, I don't think Luigi should get another year dedicated to him (at least not until another 5 or 10 years), but I would love for him to start getting more roles as a mainstream character. Dream Team, Dark Moon, and New Super Luigi U were all a step in the right direction. Super Mario 3D World as well since you actually got to play as Luigi without having to unlock him. Hopefully, Nintendo will use this more often.

But yes, I agree that Peach should get more spotlight time as well. Hopefully, we'll get to see a Super Princess Peach 2 someday. Heck, we got another Luigi's Mansion so I don't see why not.
Sorry, disagree. I don't think Luigi just made his playable debut in SM3DW. And if Peach has been ensured to have a spot in future SMB games, she doesn't actually need a Super Princess Peach again (though we really need Perry back).

Dorayaki said:
I believe every year is Year of Mario.

MarioLuigi25 said:

Sorry, disagree. I don't think Luigi just made his playable debut in SM3DW. And if Peach has been ensured to have a spot in future SMB games, she doesn't actually need a Super Princess Peach again (though we really need Perry back).

Maybe she doesn't need one, but it would still be nice to see. But I do agree that Peach should be given more spotlight time in mainstream Mario games. I'm getting tired of the whole damsel-in-distress thing. It's way too overused.

I am a female feminist and I am bothered how Peach is such a ninny in the mainstream Mario games. Peach needs to be more like the Peach in Super Mario Adventures comic.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
female feminist
go figure
(i'm kidding, i realize guys can be feminists too)

Eh, Nintendo thinks they've satisfied all the feminists with Samus, so... good luck.

Back