Year of Luigi...again?

Samus is a step forward, even when they first unveiled Samus's gender in the game, and later when they unnecessarily put Samus in high heels.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
I am a female feminist and I am bothered how Peach is such a ninny in the mainstream Mario games. Peach needs to be more like the Peach in Super Mario Adventures comic.

You would have loved my research project dealing with Female Portrayal in Video Games for my one class. :D

And for the record, Luigi had plenty of the spotlight for many of the fans.

Deku Link said:
I am a female feminist and I am bothered how Peach is such a ninny in the mainstream Mario games. Peach needs to be more like the Peach in Super Mario Adventures comic.

You would have loved my research project dealing with Female Portrayal in Video Games for my one class. :D

Yes, he did. But I just hope Nintendo doesn't go back to making Luigi a background character again. I'd like to see him in more games alongside Mario (I always thought that Mario and Luigi should be stars together rather than having one bro outshine the other).

MarioLuigi25 said:
Deku Link said:

Yes, he did. But I just hope Nintendo doesn't go back to making Luigi a background character again. I'd like to see him in more games alongside Mario (I always thought that Mario and Luigi should be stars together rather than having one bro outshine the other).
it's funny because Luigi is actually more popular than Mario

Tauriel said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
Deku Link said:

it's funny because Luigi is actually more popular than Mario

In terms of fan popularity yes. Which is kinda sad seeing as how Mario is suppose to be the main hero of the series. Yet both Luigi and Yoshi are 10x more popular

I don't see why how any of this is surprising. Mario is a pretty boring character compared to Luigi. No opinion about Yoshi though (because my opinion is negative)

Baby Luigi said:
I don't see why how any of this is surprising. Mario is a pretty boring character compared to Luigi. No opinion about Yoshi though (because my opinion is negative)

In all honesty though, Luigi isn't that much different either aside from being somewhat cowardly (yet still heroic) and having slightly different attributes in Mario games. For the most part, he's just as underdeveloped and pretty much the same as Mario.

now we deduce that mario characters arent really that interesting

I wasn't implying Luigi is a totally omg believeable interesting character, all I said is that he's more interesting than Mario. That is all.

Hey, don't take it personally. I'm just here to agree with the idea that debating the personalities of Mario characters is, as Zae pointed out, pretty pointless in perspective.

Sorry, I tend to take things personally all the time. I can't help it.

To me, they're kind of on the same level, but that's just my opinion.

Deku Link said:

Gee, why don't my schools have something more interesting things?

Luigi's personality is at his best in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. He is so much more colorful in that game than any mainstream Mario game.

Luigi's personality is at his best in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. He is so much more colorful in that game than any mainstream Mario game.

No characters in Mario platformers are colorful in the first place

Well, to be fair, the Mario series has never been known for story or character development. It's always been known for its wonderfully colorful worlds, nice and fun characters (despite not having much personality traits) and the gameplay.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Well, to be fair, the Mario series has never been known for story or character development.

Except the RPGs. A notable exception. It would be cool if Mario and his friends had developed characters as in the Super Mario Adventures comics but it's nothing more than a nice side dish along the main course.

I mean, I'm obsessed with Baby Luigi (after looking back my drawings....0_o) and I didn't even cared if he lacked a personality: I just made one up for him. That's kinda the beauty of characters who don't have it: it's always fun making up personalities.

Baby Luigi said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
Well, to be fair, the Mario series has never been known for story or character development.

Except the RPGs. A notable exception. It would be cool if Mario and his friends had developed characters as in the Super Mario Adventures comics but it's nothing more than a nice side dish along the main course.

I mean, I'm obsessed with Baby Luigi (after looking back my drawings....0_o) and I didn't even cared if he lacked a personality: I just made one up for him. That's kinda the beauty of characters who don't have it: it's always fun making up personalities.

I agree with you there. The Super Mario Adventures comics were awesome and gave each character their own charm. And I loved the fact that Peach turned into an awesome badass in the comic and actually saves herself instead of waiting on Mario and Luigi.

Yeah, I honestly don't care if characters have any personality or not. I always make up one for them. That's what the vast majority of Link fans do =). As long a character has some kind of quality about them that I like or catches my attention, I could care less about whether or not they have a personality.

I wish Mario isn't so nice, though. He needs to be a tad meaner. "Wario is my friend. I like everyone." "I don't give cement shoes to my friends". Enough with the sappy talk. Remember when the Luma took his hat out of the blue?

Yeah... lol, Mario needs to do that more. But, I wish there is a cutscene where he sinks his fist in Wario's face.

He's not an asshole, by the way. The only person you can be at your meanest to is your sibling and closest friends, in a good-natured way. Look how I treat my sister in a daily basis. I keep calling her condescending names such as idiot, genius, and even sweetie.

Back