First day of Snowfall!

Candice said:
I hate snow with a passion.
how dare you snow is awesome and amazing i cant understand why you would say that

Pearl said:
this reminded me of how annoying it is that it's so cold here even though it's supposed to be almost summer
why can't i live somewhere that has normal weather? >.>
So cold it might as well be snowing, mirite?

Mario Party X said:
Candice said:

Go live in the L.A. county. It's nearly guaranteed you'll see none of it. Except for that one day in, what, 50 years?
I would if I could.

Luke Atmey said:
Candice said:
how dare you snow is awesome and amazing i cant understand why you would say that
Does anything I say make sense anyways?

I hope you like some rain during the winter season, though.

Icemario11 said:
Candice said:

I find it hilarious you said that while your current display name is Candice.

In Pokemon, snow = hail, even when the two are different entities. The person likes hail, not snow.

Deku Link said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Deku Link said:
Today was the first day of this year that there was snow!

Bullshit, Canada has snow all year round in some places

there's snow at the two poles, and in Russia

and there's a lovely country called greenland

jeez dude

In where I live, we have 4 seasons.
where you live, you must be ignorant of others who don't have the luxury of having four seasons

Yeah. Some people live in spots where there are two seasons: a hot, dry one and a cool, wet one, you know? And don't get me started in places like the Atacama.

Delelelele Whoop said:
here in England, we have one season: rainforest

Rain all year, huh? It sounds like Oregon to me.

For us (LGM and I), it's more like just two seasons: rain or shine. Mostly shine.

Candice said:
Icemario11 said:
Candice said:

I was requested to become a gym leader, so I picked Candice for the irony.

As LGM said, there's no such thing as snow in Pokemon, only hail. Don't worry, hail occurs only in thunderstorms, which probably means the areas in Pokemon that are supposedly "snowing" are actually thunderclouds.

but in the over world for snow point city, there's snow or hail falling

and that stuff sure as hell doesn't fall like hail

Delelelele Whoop said:
but in the over world for snow point city, there's snow or hail falling

and that stuff sure as hell doesn't fall like hail

It's hail because Pokemon doesn't have a weather status for snow, even though snow and hail are two distinct entities and should not be confused with each other.

But then again, this is the same company that spews out garbage Pokedex entries such as X-rays coming from the moon.

Baby Luigi: In Snowpoint City, it's actually in the middle of summer, where thunderclouds in regions that are not Mediterranean California or Antarctica are most common.

AND, Pokemon doesn't have logic, so snow is just a synonym for hail. Therefore, whenever they call it snow, it's actually hail. It doesn't fall like hail, but in-battle, it's hail. Therefore, the stuff is hail.

Baby Luigi said:
Candice said:
Icemario11 said:
Candice said:

As LGM said, there's no such thing as snow in Pokemon, only hail. Don't worry, hail occurs only in thunderstorms, which probably means the areas in Pokemon that are supposedly "snowing" are actually thunderclouds.
The direct translation of なだれ - the Japanese name for the 'Avalanche' attack - is 'Snow Avalanche.'

So yes, there is.

Delelelele Whoop said:
I still remember watching a science documentary in Yr. 7 about the earth without humans, and apparently in like 1000 years it would have created a place that rained everyday. My entire class laughed when I shouted England

Ema Skye said:
Baby Luigi said:
Candice said:
Icemario11 said:
Candice said:

The direct translation of なだれ - the Japanese name for the 'Avalanche' attack - is 'Snow Avalanche.'

So yes, there is.

Except in Pokemon, snow is just another way of saying "hail", so in our reality, it's a hail avalanche.

"Snow Warning" also summons hail, supporting that Pokemon misleads kids into thinking hail and snow are the same thing.

Demidevimon said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
I still remember watching a science documentary in Yr. 7 about the earth without humans, and apparently in like 1000 years it would have created a place that rained everyday. My entire class laughed when I shouted England

How, anyway?

You guys raise some good points and now that I think about it, I think it might even be possible that both Hail and Snow are wrong.

What if it was Graupel instead? That would explain why everything would hurt like hail but pile up into soft patches like snow.

Mario Party X said:
Demidevimon said:
Delelelele Whoop said:

How, anyway?
I really cannot remember, might be to do with rising sea levels and as a result places become more marshy and swampy

Ema Skye said:
You guys raise some good points and now that I think about it, I think it might even be possible that both Hail and Snow are wrong.

What if it was Graupel instead? That would explain why everything would hurt like hail but pile up into soft patches like snow.

Yeah, we real people would called it graupel. Not sure if graupel covers stuff as snow can as the "snow" in Snowpoint City.

Ema Skye said:

Yeah but the game doesn't call it Graupel, despite it being much more accurate. I think Gamefreak got their sciences effed up. I mean, sure, of course it's Pokemon so it's fantasy, but I don't think that's an excuse for not distinguishing between hail and snow, something kids need to be informed about. Because often I see things like, how come it can hail in the summer?

Back