First day of Snowfall!

Oh, c'mon, it isn't that hot. It's what, 80+ degrees F?

During the fall, it is considered "freakishly hot", as not too long ago, I was practically shivering and craving for a warm mug of coffee in the morning

No, it's considered "higher than the seasonal average". It's pretty cool in the morning, though (still way above freezing), but it's still warmer than some other places, I guess.

Candice said:
I'm actually surprised you two weren't surprised when I knew where you lived.

I was a bit baffled myself but I might have mentioned it some time ago but I don't remember

http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/1967197-6-snowiest-cities-america.html

I live near Hancock, actually.

I wanted to point out though that California is totally a state of extremes, the north part is one of the snowiest areas in the US.

Drift said:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/1967197-6-snowiest-cities-america.html

I live near Hancock, actually.

I wanted to point out though that California is totally a state of extremes, the north part is one of the snowiest areas in the US.

That's why I said "Southern California" and the "L.A. county".

Candice said:
I'm actually surprised you two weren't surprised when I knew where you lived.

I thought I shoved my area of residence down your throats so you somehow knew where we lived.

Drift said:

I don't consider California to be an extreme climate state; Southwestern California is actually considered to be a Mediterranean/chaparral climate, which means it's mild year-round. It's actually pretty diverse when it comes to climate: the Mojave desert is really hot (Death Valley being the hottest), the northern areas are cold, the middle Central Plains is somewhat akin to the Great Plains, and on the south coast is the mild climate. We humans love mild climate which is why we have so much immigrants here.

But here? It never ever snows. That could be a good thing, as I know my mom hates snow because it piles up on the driveway and you have to shovel out of it; when it melts, it leaves disgusting puddles and it's very slippery. Good thing I never had that experience in my life.

It's still beautiful in places like Flagstaff Arizona. I guess it's okay to like snow when you're visiting it, not living with it.

It started snowing (very briefly) yesterday. So much yes.

Then I was warned of black ice tomorrow, which kind of worries me.

It snowed back in early october and hasn't snowed since then. Weather is screwed up in the Midwest, it has been in the high 40s and like tomorrow down to 20s.

It's supposed to snow today! ^_^

Ah, if only it didn't have to be cold for it to snow... I love snow, but hate when it's cold.

Len Kagamine said:
It's supposed to snow today! ^_^

Ah, if only it didn't have to be cold for it to snow... I love snow, but hate when it's cold.
IKR
freaking -15 and it's november..

Heavy snow tomorrow ;D

Have a weightlifter's number on standby, just in case the snow mangles you. I'm an expert, you know.

i really hate this topic

NO SNOW

infact its like 70 here.

It actually rained a bit a few days ago. After all, rain is essentially melted snow.

Zae said:
i really hate this topic

NO SNOW

infact its like 70 here.

>wanting snow

:yoshi:

TheYoshiState said:
After nearly two weeks, it's snowing here again right now (and it's coming down all over the place and faster) and like last time, it's sticking. I'm sure BMB is having the exact same situation right now too.

No offense, but can you stop including me in the "BMB is probably _ because he's by me" stuff?

It's that I know what happens when I am in my town as well, and besides, I live on my college campus, when is not near my home.

It snowed a few times today here in Toronto, and there's still lots lying around the ground and on the roofs and cars and things. Our first snowfall actually happened back in early October, but it was only a few snowflakes just after midnight, so most folks probably didn't know that it had happened.

^reminds me of that record rainstorm in Toronto a few months ago. I saw a bus up to the windows in water and they had to pull a train car out of a sinkhole or something

On topic: Snowed all day yesterday and part of today but it was just two inches, looks like the forecasters were lying about that "storm"

Back