Super Mario Manga

Walkazo said:
It's helpful. The bloody accents and slang always screw me up (its why WarioWare internet stuff is such a pain to try and translate: so much text, so much Kansai-ben); i.e. in the above translation, I couldn't figure out why he's saying スターなんて - it's emphasis, right? But why use it then?

my interpretation was that it means like "a star or something". as in, he could find a star, or he could find like a fire flower, or he could find a blue shell, and it would all be good

I have a question: should we add comic book quotes to the quotes section of the MarioWiki and have a translated version too? Because I've noticed we have translated text from Japanese manuals in Koopalings articles in the wiki so I think it would be fine to add some stuff here into it

....the problem for me is actually typing it down, though ^^;

BTW, I definitely want to scan more. I still have some questions to ask about it such as Stuffwell having some weird animal noses (he was a fox in one part and another he had an elephant nose) and Petey Piranha either being female or a transvestite

I think it'd definitely be valuable to have manga quotes on the wiki. Glowsquid and I already did something similar here (List_of_quotes_by_Ashley_and_Red#Miscellaneous) - so the original Japanese (which I can type up no problem: I have the keyboard installed) followed by the translation. If we wanted to be really fancy, we could have the thing where you float the mouse over the kanji and the hiragana are displayed, which is (ideally) done for names already (but because I'm too lazy to find a mainspace example, here's it done on my userpage (User:Walkazo#Useful_Things)).

Shoutmon said:
Walkazo said:
It's helpful. The bloody accents and slang always screw me up (its why WarioWare internet stuff is such a pain to try and translate: so much text, so much Kansai-ben); i.e. in the above translation, I couldn't figure out why he's saying スターなんて - it's emphasis, right? But why use it then?
my interpretation was that it means like "a star or something". as in, he could find a star, or he could find like a fire flower, or he could find a blue shell, and it would all be good
Ah, so it's being used like など then. I'll have to remember that.

Yeah I'd love to type the quotes myself but I'm unable to. I guess I'll just continue uploading more scans to the wiki, then.

Rawr.

SMK36Tanoomba1.jpg

SMK36Tanoomba2.jpg

what i think happens based on purely images. said:
It provokes the four brothers into attacking each other. When it decides to defeat them by attempting to smash them in Thwomp form, after they are worn out, the four brothers realize they have been tricked and team up against the Tanoomba. After the attack, the Tanoomba cries for forgiveness. It first transforms into a Shroob, which the Mario Bros. disapprove. It then turns into a tree, where the Mario Bros. approve, but Luigi has an allergic reaction to it and sneezes the leaves off the tree.

I should upload the rest but I don't want to clutter the article

BTW, one more thing. You can distinguish Baby Mario and Baby Luigi by looking at the color of their shirts. Baby Luigi has a white one, Baby Mario has a black one. So if you see a hand with a black sleeve poking out, it's Baby Mario.

PeteyPiranhaSMK36.jpg

Got scans from volume 4 of Super Mario-Kun. One chapter is basically Mario and Yoshi (as a shield) running through a setting from The Legend of Zelda and eventually fighting Agahnim. At the end, they're pursued by F-Zero racers. Bowser even cross-dresses as a fairy. :P

377px-Link_reference_SuperMarioKun_4.jpg
491px-Bowser_Fairy_SuperMarioKun_4.jpg
800px-Agahnim_SuperMarioKun_4.jpg
657px-F-Zero_Joke_ending_SuperMarioKun_4.jpg

No, it isn't the first time either, and it won't be the last.

Mario also does it, too from time to time.

I have no idea why this isn't localized anywhere else. It's probably the occasional pooping, peeing, or farting, (don't worry, it's not in every page, believe me), and at one point, bleeding, that's preventing it. But I'd pay anything to get my hands on at least some volumes (and I got 4 physical copies 23, 24, 36, and 40). It's a Mario fan's must-have due to the large references and accuracy of the references.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I have no idea why this isn't localized anywhere else. It's probably the occasional pooping, peeing, or farting, (don't worry, it's not in every page, believe me), and at one point, bleeding, that's preventing it. But I'd pay anything to get my hands on at least some volumes (and I got 4 physical copies 23, 24, 36, and 40). It's a Mario fan's must-have due to the large references and accuracy of the references.

Don't forget Burt the Bashful having genitals

I can upload the dang thing, too.

I'm still conflicted for it: it's clearly Super Mario Fact fodder, no doubt about it....and yeah, does the wiki really need an image of it? A blunt description is enough.

Hypochondriac Mario said:

I bet it was just that the Japanese didn't want to share such gloriousness with the rest of the world, so they made sure it wasn't localized anywhere else.

584px-Kirby_SuperMarioKun.png

I finally found where this image is. It's in volume 5. This is Kirby saving the day. I think Mario mistook Kirby for another enemy, but Kirby is an ally. Then, Kirby says something. Something scares Kirby, though, and Kirby hops away.

Glaceon said:
I bet it was just that the Japanese didn't want to share such gloriousness with the rest of the world, so they made sure it wasn't localized anywhere else.

They're always like this

All the good Mario merchandise, for example, is Japan exclusive.

Gah, those Japanese. Though I'm not surprised, Japan seems to get quite a lot of other Nintendo stuff to themselves or early on top of all that merchandise.

Glaceon said:
Gah, those Japanese. Though I'm not surprised, Japan seems to get quite a lot of other Nintendo stuff to themselves or early on top of all that merchandise.

任天堂は日本の企業ですから :)

tumblr_me6lgbvEMI1rg1i0co1_500.gif

I'm still astounded by the work you two have done, it's brilliant.
thumbup.gif

Baby Luigi said:
302.gif

well aside from that, tmi

I'm 100% serious about that. I swear that's the truth.

We want more Super Mario-Kun volumes. In fact, there's even a drawing from Miyamoto himself in the 40th one.

This is another reason we love the Super Mario-Kun. Hidden gems like this:

SMK_Drawing_Miyamoto.png

I... kinda want to see it now (although curiosity kills the cat).

Also, in the above image, the guy (I'm guessing the author, Sawada-san?) is saying "Shigeru Miyamoto-san of Nintendo drew this for me/us!" (using modest speech appropriate for when someone does something kind for you), and Mario is saying "thank you" (literally, "Sankyū desu!")

And in the Kirby one:

Mario: "Gwa, there's another Boo in front of me!"
Kirby: I...

Kirby: [...am] the one who sucks up anything and transforms, Kirby of the stars!
Mario: Eh?
Enemies: Wa~
"GABOBOBOBO"

Mario: ...
Kirby: "Burp" (singing) Draw a circle, two beans, one rice ball, and before you know it,
And then it cuts off there, so we'll never know it, lol. I was surprised the song he sang isn't the opening to Hoshi no Kirby (the Japanese name of Kirby: Right Back at Ya! and how he introduces himself), but w/e.

I think Kirby just sang the opening of Kirby's Adventure. If not, I could've sworn I heard that "how to draw Kirby" thing somewhere else.

Untitled_zpsb007365f.jpg

See I told you the truth.....hurts.

Back