Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

they've also made some changes to the dialogue that isnt typo fixes
the most notable examples i've seen are changes that make rise from the ashes fit in better with the rest of the trilogy

Hanayo Koizumi said:
the most notable examples i've seen are changes that make rise from the ashes fit in better with the rest of the trilogy
are you talking about that bit in the evidence room where Gumshoe goes on about his bug sweeper, or was that in the original case

that's the only one I can think of right now

Sabrina said:
Hanayo Koizumi said:
are you talking about that bit in the evidence room where Gumshoe goes on about his bug sweeper, or was that in the original case

that's the only one I can think of right now

i dont really remember anything like that
the ones i know are
originally, before the trial on the second day, edgeworth refers to the chief prosecutor with a male pronoun, but now its been changed so that theres no gender mention
iirc the original had phoenix saying that the last case edgeworth was involved in was his own trial, and that he died not long after it, but now it says something like he died 'a few months after' and i think it kinda referenced RFTA, i cant quite remember how it was worded but it said something that made it seem like he'd been in one more case before he died

So I decided to sell my DS trilogy copies so I could buy the 3DS version. Sold JFA and TAT for $25 each, with $5 postage on top of that, so $55 all up.

Ended up sending it and postage was like $12, which was ridiculous because I was just posting to VIC; >.< so I've ended up with slightly below the amount required to buy the trilogy. Bleh.

Still trying to find a buyer for the first game which I was selling for $20, which I may drop depending on how desperate I get.

For the upcoming prequel game, look at 29:39-31:58.

They show some major characters and what looks like the return of the multiple witnesses gimmick from the crossover. Also either a July 9th or September 7th release for Japan, I don't know their date format.

^July 9

I love how the lawyer acts so nervously. Sherlock is bae. Prosecutor in this game looks like a badass Edgeworth ancestor that I'm hoping is actually his ancestor, etc. Nearly all of the character designs/models are top notch. Apparently Dual Destinies' localisation only took a few months so I hope we get the English version of the game by the end of the year.

I have seen this before and it looks a really interesting concept and of course I will love it because lawyers.
And yay for sexy Sherlock Holmes.

extended trailer from the direct, with english subs as well

I seriously need this. Now.

Hey, I seem to have been getting into this series. I've been watching Let's Plays of the first two Games (Superjeenius and Nintendocaprisun have done playthroughs)

And I've also currently planning on doing the 3rd Game (Trials and Tribulations) on my own through an Emulator.

Any warning/advice heading for a newbie to the series planning to blind playthrough the 3rd game of the original trilogy of the games from the Phoenix Wright faithful here?

Northern Verve said:
Any warning/advice heading for a newbie to the series planning to blind playthrough the 3rd game of the original trilogy of the games from the Phoenix Wright faithful here?
Get your box of tissues ready, you will need them, especially for the final case.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/11/the-great-ace-attorney-demonstrates-its-two-main-features/

I really like the sound of these new features, praying this actually localizes.

Loving those dramatic poses during the Joint Reasoning, and the rotational camera reminds me of Rise From The Ashes, which is a very very very good thing.

I'm personally betting that the story will force you into giving a Closing Statement at least once every trial (aside from the first 'tutorial' trial), which shouldn't be too bad if the mechanic is fun (it looks like the multiple witness thing from PWvsPL. Was that fun for anyone who played PWvsPL?)

Also, I wonder if the characters in the jury will be the same for the whole game? hopefully not, i want more characters especially now that the visuals are perfection (for a 3D AA game at least). it really puts Dual Destinies to shame

I'm hoping for a localisation announcement at E3. capcom pls

So I've pretty much gotten hooked on the series. I finished Trials and Tribulations along while ago. And since then I have also done Apollo Justice and both Miles Edgeworth games (With of course the fan translation rom). It really is a great series.

I plan on also someday picking up the Ace Attorney Trilogy (Even if I already know the full stories of each case either to me playing through the 3rd Game and seeing let's plays of the first two games) as well as Dual Destinies when I have enough eShop money for both.

There's also a place nearby where I can rent the Professor Layton crossover game too so I may give that a shot soon too.

goddamn it capcom please announce a localisation soon ;~;

I watched a subbed version of the Japanese 2012 Live Action movie of Ace Attorney. Probably one of the most faithful to the source material video game based movies (Even if there were a few key differences). And for video game movie standards it wasn't too bad all things considered.

The only thing that could really say could bug me is it still has kind of that awkwardness that a Live Action movie based on a series that's really lighthearted most of the time. And some of the actors didn't quite capture the same quirks as the character in the games. Such as Maya's, I didn't quite get the silly girl vibe that Maya is normally with Movie Maya. But characters like Larry Butz and Edgeworth I'd say were pretty spot on.

Oh I also kinda liked the whole special effects thing that projected evidence and such to everyone in the courtroom. It helps to note that Ace Attourney considers itself in years in the future. Like the series began in 2001 but the year the first case of the first game takes place is in 2016 so you can kinda look at it as thinking we'd have projections like that by now (Even though of course we don't have that kind yet) similar to how 80s movies imagined the Early 2000s would have flying cars

YASSSSSS THE 4 ACE ATTORNEY THEMES ARE COMING TO THE WEST TOMORROW

i need to pick one to download b/c i've only got $3 atm

first theme i'll ever be buying

also for NA there's a huge sale on dual destinies and ace attorney trilogy until the 16th of July so if you haven't bought either of them yet then now would probably be a good time

i'll have to have a look at which one i'd want. i dont have any eShop money atm anyway though

also probably no one here cares but just for the sake of mentioning it since its aa related, phoenix and maya are appearing in project x zone 2. they're going to be a solo unit, which basically means they get paired with a unit on the battlefield and give an extra attack

The themes sound nice but idk if they actually look good, but all that potential theme music seems reaaaaally promising.

GBAToad said:
also for NA there's a huge sale
rip getting the trilogy

Also daaaaang that trailer is hype, need.

Never mind, the discount is on the euShop too.

25% off PW:AA Trilogy and 44% off Dual Destinies, tempted to snatch the former now.

Lyn said:
The themes sound nice but idk if they actually look good, but all that potential theme music seems reaaaaally promising.
so i bought the AA Trilogy Main Characters theme with leftover credit i had and can i just say that it is my favourite thing

it sucks how there's no Cornered music but the original Objection theme is gr8, plus it has all the sound effects from navigating the court record and that's cool

I'll probably get the 8-bit characters theme next time but i'm pretty satisfied with the trilogy theme tbh

Back