Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

also here's the trailer

it seems you'll be playing as Phoenix and Maya in Kurain and Apollo and Athena back in Japamerica

if done right, this could be fucking awesome

don't confuse this for the actual anime this is just an opening intro for AA6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWXUUNV-gc0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIEYdlfqg0

^both of these adverts confirm that Pearl and Klavier Gavin will be in the game (as well as dual testimonies from DGS). Edgeworth is also there to advertise with phoenix, but i suspect with a new model like that it's obvious he'll be in the game in some way as well

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/ace-attorney-6-adds-trucy-wright-ema-skye

^furthermore, Trucy (who will be the defendant in case 2) and detective Ema Skye (PAGING FANTA) are back. Along with Ema, we also get FORENSIC INVESTIGATION (ROTATING EVIDENCE AND THE LIKE) AGAIN FINALLY YASSS

this is just turning into one big ol' ace attorney reunion
no sign of gumshoe or larry butz though :S

also anyone watch the first ep of the anime yet i need opinions

i skipped around through the anime

it was alright? it's more or less a word-for-word transcript of the opening case of the game, which wasn't very interesting

One think I can definitely say is that it's off, and that's not to its advantage. There's a lack of shading and detail in the characters and backgrounds, which also contributes to the characters looking off from the game, the CG looks phony, a lot of stuff from the game is directly copied even when it doesn't make much sense for an animated show, some of the charm is left out in favour of filling the entire case into one episode (and even then it feels rushed), and I could go on. It feels like a cash grab, but maybe it's just due to the nature of the first case; I doubt the shading problems will change in the future, but I'll keep watching in the hopes that it feels more natural.

The OP's also super generic in some places and really metaphorical in other places.

Maybe because it's I haven't watched enough Anime to really figure what's considered high-quality. But I thought it was a pretty decent retelling of the first case even if of course they don't do alot that's new. I do like how they show the kind of futuristic way of presenting evidence kinda similar to what I kinda liked from that Japanese live action movie. And seeing a full animated version of the actual crime being committed and/or the imagine spots that were lies was fun to see I think. Certainly something you don't get in the games.

I am interested in how they show the future cases. Obviously the bigger cases are going to be covered in multiple episodes (The preview for the next episode even said it'd get to the first trial of Case 2 of the first game though the investigation phases remains to be seen). I think they could get away with the introduction case being only one episode since that one was pretty straight forward given the criminal is stupid enough to come into court as the witness right away.

It seems kinda mediocre so far, doesn't look like there's a real reason to watch it if you've already played the game.

I found it pretty decent tbh. I mean, its not amazing but its still pretty good, and I know the first episode was rushed because its the first boring case and the art-style wasn't the best but I liked it. But hell maybe I am just someone who find looking for the negatives in everything as boring and tedious as fuck so would rather focus on the positives and enjoy it as its ace attorney and its anime.

They could have done more to make it exciting. The game starts off with the Larry Buttz case because it's simple and you can settle in with the mechanics. The pilot episode of an Anime needed to grab people's attention and I don't know if that one was the best for it.

Mia's case may have been better then they could go back to LB with the whole Thinker thing. Then again, we wouldn't be as attached to Mia in that instance so, eeehhhhhh, dunno. Maybe the Samurai case and you see Maya channelling Mia and the viewer will be all wtf and then build up to the Mia thing from that.

Still, I thought it was decent. Sparkle Phoenix made me lol

Phoenix Wright is pretty much the reason I have a Nintendo DS. I saw a Let's Play of it on YouTube one day and decided to buy the system just so I could play it. I had a lot of fun with both Ace Attorney and Justice for All. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games in the series yet, nor have I watched the anime.

Maya and Edgeworth are my favorite characters.

Second episode >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> First episode

The animation and the emotion is like turned up to the max
Edgy and Feenie are as beautiful as ever

Asgore said:
Second episode >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> First episode

The animation and the emotion is like turned up to the max
Edgy and Feenie are as beautiful as ever
Just started the anime, and Maya's animation is superb.

edit: intro is still bonkers

edit: the emotional punch is strongggg

edit: characters still look flat at certain times but it's actually better

edit: there are plenty of good moments, and there's actual pacing with some new moments added in to create more of an impact

i recommend the show now

okay i watched the first episode

this was surprisingly exactly what i expected in the best case scenario

i had chills when they used the 2 musics from the game. and the scene where larry was like "see? i knew my idea was great!" or something and then the policemen had to drag him back, i somehow had to laugh really hard at that.

the animation style could be improved but imo this was very great.

fuck the second episode was great as well

they kept all the changes to the original plot on a level where it aids the development of the plot more than making it feel out of place

did they actually manage to not fuck this up

i cannot believe it

fuck im hyped for wright vs. edgeworth in the next episode

haven't watched the second episode yet, is it actually genuinely good? im not really sure if im interested in just watching a line-by-line retelling of the case

Nabber said:
haven't watched the second episode yet, is it actually genuinely good? im not really sure if im interested in just watching a line-by-line retelling of the case
Some of the lines do match up, but there are new elements. Some bit are truncated (which is for the better when it comes to an anime adaptation, do you really want to see Phoenix searching every random object and presenting his badge to everyone?), and the animation does a good job of accentuating the lines when needed.

finally bought the trilogy on 3DS the other week and beat the first two games. it's pretty great

The anime's making me realize how ridiculous Redd White is.

oh hey here's a guy who has literally everyone in his pocket and who is ridiculously wealthy and prestigious and and who owns a megacorporation who can blackmail anyone in an instant and whose word is incredibly valued and who murdered the protagonist's trusted mentor and who permanently disgraced an entire family of spirit mediums (including the aforementioned mentor) in the public eye

let's have him go to jail and never appear again after the first real case

This guy is practically end-game villain material, but a greenhorn attorney takes him down in his second-ever case. I mean, Manfred von Karma's a great final boss, but White seems like he appeared too early.

So AA6's English subtitle will be Spirit of Justice. And the game releases in September.

Though unfortunately for those hoping it will get a physical release, it will be digital download only just like Dual Destinies was.

We now have an exact date for the release of AA6 for US and Europe: September 8th (Heh one day before my b-day)

There will also be a demo available on August 25th.

Back