Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

also yeah now i can understand why most of these 3DS themes cost so much, there's actually quite a lot of depth to them: panoramic wallpapers, animated wallpapers, music for the home menu, unique sound effects for opening/closing games, folders, settings, and even the 3DS itself (lol).

ftr they're still a bit overpriced imo, but i can see why they cost as much as they do.

Not to put a dampen on the mood, as I am wholeheartedly excited for this game, but... the "Bringer of Death"? With the string of prestigious prosecutors we've had in the past, especially the "Twisted Samurai" of Dual Destinies, that just seems a bit much, like they're trying really hard to outdo the past (future?) ones and taking it too far, imo.

tumblr_nqqh3bqW5P1qzp9weo1_1280.gif

he literally kicks his leg on the bench while holding a glass of wine, if you're not expecting over-the-top court antics from a creepy, pompous man by this point then idk, imo it can't be much worse than edgey sword convict prosecutor/samurai man, baroque's design is great

Time Turner said:
It's not that I'm not expecting it, I'm just worried that the game's gonna get tangled in its own lunacy.
well maybe. considering that the writer from the original AA games is back on the team for this game i've got high hopes but i can understand your concerns given the last game

have you watched the launch trailer? it appears to give a brief preview of each case including the final one, and they all seem pretty great (i especially love the aesthetic of the final case)

if there's anyone i'd expect to tangle the game up in lunacy, it'd be Holmes.

I got Dual Destinies and the Ace Attorney Trilogy today. As I've said I know the story of the first three games through Let's Play but I haven't actually PLAYED the first two games for myself while I will also be playing the third game a 2nd time. Justice for All might be somewhat hard still because it's been a few months since I finished watching the Let's Play for that one. So I may not remember everything.

Dual Destinies will be pretty much blind though. I also will get the DLC case.

BREAKING NEWS

The Great Ace Attorney (With all the Phoenix Wright's ancestor and Sherlock Holmes stuff is actually a spin-off. It looks like we're getting the 6th installment of the Main series announced at Tokyo Game Show 2015 (Which is this Thursday)

Source

um it was known that dai gyakuten saiban was a spinoff since it was announced so thats not really surprising :V
this is cool and all but im still waiting for my dgs localisation to be announced :(

Porky Minch said:
Porky Minch said:
Tooru Oikawa said:
OH MY GOD ACE ATTORNEY IS GETTING AN ANIME

nah thats probably a fake inf-

OH FUCK ME
*does smug pepe face*

Oh boy next year has some quality anime for me (this and prince of stride as well)
I am hoping it will be good, as the key thing is that it isn't rushed, as ace attorney is not something which can be rushed to get the full extent of the emotions and depth

ANIME

NEW GAME

SEEMS EXTREMELY LIKELY AF THAT MAYA WILL BE RETURNING

HNNNNNGGGGGGG

Also fwiw the defendant in the case looked like could be Maya's son or something. I mean, that face and hairstyle. Leifa also looks like a badass.

inb4 we find out that maya just happened to visit the country the month before but unfortunately left just before we got there

i'm hella psyched for the anime but i'm not sure how much i want another game

i feel like after 5 we've had more than our fair share of games...

i mean i'm sure 6 will be good too. the concept sounds interesting, but honestly, i'm not sure how far they can go with it

small-ish update on the anime:

it'll cover the first two games in the first season. there was also a teaser artwork released
CWj6kPvVEAAaTCh.jpg:orig

also athena (and trucy, it seems) is back in AA6, as well as free investigation (like, you can investigate everywhere instead of just certain locations like in AA5)

CWj4RiqUAAAouk2.jpg

A-1 Pictures is doing the anime adaptation, if that interests anyone.

GBAToad said:
also athena is back in AA6
oooh nooooo-
GBAToad said:
, as well as free investigation (like, you can investigate everywhere instead of just certain locations like in AA5)
redeemed!

MAYA'S BACK

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cc1uN2CUAAEM06E.jpg:orig

Cc1uNz9UUAElhkX.jpg:orig

Cc1uN2DUkAAEFam.jpg:orig

inb4 she's accused of murder and/or kidnapped

also if anyone wants a preview of the anime
http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/story/01.html

probably eating snackoos back in los japangeles

Back