Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

4 > 1 > 3 = 5 > 2, that's my view on the series.

Mio Akiyama said:
It was still good but felt a little too streamlined compared to the other games. Having that freedom to examine and figure out where to go when I'm lost on my own was one of my favourite parts of the investigation sequences. They made sure you couldn't get lost and made sure you only examined (mostly) the important things.

Per this, I missed the witty commentary you got when examining completely unrelated things. I mean sure, there's some here and there, but there could be so much more.

Mine tends to be
1>5=3>4>>>>>>>>>2
But sometimes 1, 3 and 5 switch about as I love all three of them loads and sometimes can't decide which is my fave.
I think one of the reasons for why I found JFA so weak compared to the other games is the fact I honestly couldn't care less about Franziska, she is my least fave out of the 5 rival prosecutors, I mean she is ok but not great.
Like Klavier is my husband so I love him, Edgeworth is just badass and amazing because he is Edgeworth, Simon is pretty amazing too and a total weeb and Godot is pretty cool as well.
But Franzy was just.. eh, she is ok though.

I liked the prosecutors when I hated them. Klaiver was a cool character, but I was never annoyed that he was the prosecutor. He didn't be an asshole, he didn't assault you, didn't throw shit at you, didn't even have any level of intimidation. He was just the rival and I didn't have any drive to beat him. Godot was my favourite because he really ticked me off at the beginning but grew on me as time passed and I learnt more about his past so that the final case had a whole lot more impact on me.

I liked Klavier not being a douche, especially since out of all the rivals, he had the biggest reason to hate defence attorneys, so it was kind of refreshing and made him unique to the other prosecutors, but that might just be me and my fangirlism.

Klavier was just a boring character until Serenade because he was too perfect. OOO LOOK AT ME I'M PRETTY AND AN ATTORNEY AND A ROCKSTAR.

Haruka Nanase said:
Mine tends to be
1>5=3>4>>>>>>>>>2
But sometimes 1, 3 and 5 switch about as I love all three of them loads and sometimes can't decide which is my fave.
I think one of the reasons for why I found JFA so weak compared to the other games is the fact I honestly couldn't care less about Franziska, she is my least fave out of the 5 rival prosecutors, I mean she is ok but not great.
Like Klavier is my husband so I love him, Edgeworth is just badass and amazing because he is Edgeworth, Simon is pretty amazing too and a total weeb and Godot is pretty cool as well.
But Franzy was just.. eh, she is ok though.
I hate JFA because the cases suck (with the exception of the final one). I found Franz funny (better than Godot anyway), but w/e. Matt Engarde was a good character too.

Though I thought Franz was at her funniest in the AAI games because she and Edgeworth had a really cute sibling-rivalry thing going on that was just really fun to play through.

Yui Hirasawa said:
Klavier was just a boring character until Serenade because he was too perfect. OOO LOOK AT ME I'M PRETTY AND AN ATTORNEY AND A ROCKSTAR.
shhh.... be careful dissing the klav around me, I tend to get defensive over characters I like, like really defensive
like he had some shit going on: like how he was manipulated by his brother and stuff, plus despite it all he kept smiling ;-;

important question: is the dlc worth purchasing? i think i have enough money on my itunes gift card to buy the dlc case and the costume set, but i'm not quite sure how much i really need that costume set

honestly i never liked godot as much as everyone else did. he's cool, but nowhere better than edgy

franziska was funny at times but mostly she just made me miss edgeworth

Yeah the DLC case is cool, would recommend.

Costumes are up to your personal preference. I personally thought casual Apollo was a babe and preferred Phoenix's old suit to the new one so I was happy to buy it.

Haruka Nanase said:
Yui Hirasawa said:
shhh.... be careful dissing the klav around me, I tend to get defensive over characters I like, like really defensive
like he had some shit going on: like how he was manipulated by his brother and stuff, plus despite it all he kept smiling ;-;
But you seriously can't deny that he's a total Mary Sue for the first part of the game, right?

Also iirc he doesn't learn about the manipulation until the final case so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

so i finally started playing this

i'm on turnabout academy, and i swear hugh and o'connor remind me a LOT of owari and togami from danganronpa

so far i like the characters a lot. the monstrous turnabout didn't feel like a particularly stellar case, but it was okay since i liked the characters and script

also, professor means' smile scares me

I agree with you on the Togami thing
Hugh O'conner is totally the locechild of Togami from danganronpa and Rei from free!

i'm still upset that they repeated juniper as your client

i didn't feel she was that great in the first case and so far she hasn't been any better in this case

I just picke up the Layon/Phoenix crossover, and if I have today one thing, it's that the voice actors for Phoenix and Maya suuuck. The game's fun and all, but Phoenix's objections don't sound right.

I liked them a hell of a lot more than the DD voices. The Americanisms are also offsetted well by all the Britishisms.

Anyway, I should get around to finishing the game at some point.

So I just finished the first game. I have one question though.
why did von karma take edgeworth in? he obviously hates him because of that shot in the shoulder. was it explained somewhere?
also, is the dlc case any good? I'll still probably get it, but I heard from people it can really drag on...
also, should I get JFA or T&T? I really don't know which one I should play first. Does T&T contain any spoilers for JFA?

He wanted to make Miles the exact opposite of what his father was. And yeah, he still hated him, hence why von Karma's final plan was to have Edgeworth found guilty of murder right as the statue of limitations ran out on DL-6.

If by DLC you mean Rise From the Ashes, get it. Yeah, it's long, but it's a good case.

And yes, TaT has JFA spoilers. If you can only get one, get TaT, since the last case of JFA is the only good one. The others are just eh.

jfa is worth playing if you can afford it, but if you only have so much money to spend, it's skippable, in my opinion

I'm not going to deny that JFA was the weakest of the trilogy, but Case 3 had me cracking up the entire time.
In west Clowndelphia, born and raised...

Gregor said:
I'm not going to deny that JFA was the weakest of the trilogy, but Case 3 had me cracking up the entire time.
In west Clowndelphia, born and raised...
the references were funny but there were like 3 of them and that's it

Oliver said:
So I just finished the first game. I have one question though.
why did von karma take edgeworth in? he obviously hates him because of that shot in the shoulder. was it explained somewhere?
Iirc, Edgeworth approached him to learn how to be a prosecutor, but because he was based in Germany, Edgeworth had to come with him.

Oliver said:
also, is the dlc case any good? I'll still probably get it, but I heard from people it can really drag on...
Those people are wrong, so very wrong. It's the best case in the whole bloody series. Get it.

Oliver said:
also, should I get JFA or T&T? I really don't know which one I should play first. Does T&T contain any spoilers for JFA?
JFA is the next one in the story and sets stuff up for T+T, so play JFA next... You know, after DLC case.

Also I would recomend people or whatever to play Ghost trick.

apparently the game is in the same universe as phoenix wright.

I finished the third case. I felt it was kind of a weak case, especially since the whole first day was basically just used to establish the possibility of other suspects. And now I see that Juniper Woods is used in yet another case. What made Capcom think she was so great that she should be used three times??

Nabber said:
I finished the third case. I felt it was kind of a weak case, especially since the whole first day was basically just used to establish the possibility of other suspects. And now I see that Juniper Woods is used in yet another case. What made Capcom think she was so great that she should be used three times??
she appears a fourth time in case #4. though only a minor appearance, it is true she appears a lot. dont worry though. she isn't really relevant to case 4 at all.

Back