Should we bring doubles back to mariokart?

Should we bring back the doudble dash style gameplay in the next game

• Definitely

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I'd gladly do it

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't think so

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lolcrawler

I choose you!
I really enjoyed the game play in mario kart double dash, and I thought that there could be a doubles mode in the next game? What do you think on the matter

That sounds like a good idea. Now that online racing seems to be a staple in MarioKart nowadays, Nintendo could do a lot of cool stuff with the concept. Maybe the online tournament could use randomly selected pairs where one person does the steering and the other does the speed and items and whatnot (something like that). I suppose there could be something like an "items magnet" that attracts items to your kart to make it fair for the player in charge of items (because no-one wants to just sit there and wait for the driver to pick up an item until they can play).

85 said:
It's been done once. I don't think it needs to be done again.

This.

As long as they keep on making each game unique, then I don't think it needs to be done over. Of course, I thought it was a cool gimmick, but I don't think that a full kart game should be centered around this again like it was in Double Dash. Maybe as a battle mode type thing, or some extra, but not as big as it was on the Gamecube.

I'd prefer that it remain exclusive to Double Dash.

cryoAwakening said:
85 said:

This.

As long as they keep on making each game unique, then I don't think it needs to be done over. Of course, I thought it was a cool gimmick, but I don't think that a full kart game should be centered around this again like it was in Double Dash. Maybe as a battle mode type thing, or some extra, but not as big as it was on the Gamecube.
Well screw you :'(
Madikoopa said:
That sounds like a good idea. Now that online racing seems to be a staple in MarioKart nowadays, Nintendo could do a lot of cool stuff with the concept. Maybe the online tournament could use randomly selected pairs where one person does the steering and the other does the speed and items and whatnot (something like that). I suppose there could be something like an "items magnet" that attracts items to your kart to make it fair for the player in charge of items (because no-one wants to just sit there and wait for the driver to pick up an item until they can play).
In double dash the person in back hits away people who bump into them (as well as honking their horn), giving the person in back something to do, whether it is annoying the driver or sending yoshis to their death. I also liked the special items that each character has. Maybe we could bring that back to.

If they significantly deepened the system (such as having a chemistry system, each character having an effect on stats or abilities beside special items, overhauling the weight system to make kart selection wider and more strategic, etc) and didn't do something dumb like putting a character who combine everyone's attribute, maybe.

Exactly as it was in Double Dash? Yeah, no.

Glowsquid said:
If they significantly deepened the system (such as having a chemistry system, each character having an effect on stats or abilities beside special items, overhauling the weight system to make kart selection wider and more strategic, etc) and didn't do something dumb like putting a character who combine everyone's attribute, maybe.

now this would be exciting.

Knowing Nintendo they wouldn't ever bring this mechanic back. Their inclusions to games are sometimes a one time deal to make them unique.(it can be practically anything to enemies, items yadda yadda blah blah blah).

BTW, I chose middle option.

Zae said:
Glowsquid said:

If they made it like Crash Tag Team Racing.

That'd be cool.

Lolcrawler said:
cryoAwakening said:
85 said:

This.

Well screw you :'(

Lolcrawler said:
New Super Mario said:
Maybe in a long time from now when barely anybody has even played Double Dash.

So basically, when I'm dead.
Or soon

Gosh, let people have their opinions.

Zae said:
Glowsquid said:

Per

Petey Piranha and King Boo's special items just plain suck and are extremely lazy.

guys guys

what if

what if Nintendo did a Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart?

then they could experiment with this again

also saying that doubles is a one time exclusive idea and should be kept to one game is bullcrap

I mean they brought back bikes after a long while, why not this

If they made a Super Smash Bros. Kart game, they could take my money and run.

Kingbowser99 said:
guys guys

what if

what if Nintendo did a Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart?

then they could experiment with this again

also saying that doubles is a one time exclusive idea and should be kept to one game is bullcrap

I mean they brought back bikes after a long while, why not this

Bikes had a one-game-missing gap, so I wouldn't call it a "long" absence.

I like Super Smash Bros. kart, but that's because Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Marth, and Samus look so off driving a kart.

Super Smash Kart is one of the most overly abused and suggested ideas ever and it's still overly stupid.

I just realized we're derailing this thread.

Back