Should we bring doubles back to mariokart?

Should we bring back the doudble dash style gameplay in the next game

• Definitely

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I'd gladly do it

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't think so

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay, pal, RERAIL it instead of simply pointing it out.

Double Dash was a good game and I'd like to see it being implemented on a game with better physics. Double Dash did age a bit poorly.

Kingbowser99 said:
guys guys

what if

what if Nintendo did a Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart?

then they could experiment with this again

also saying that doubles is a one time exclusive idea and should be kept to one game is bullcrap

I mean they brought back bikes after a long while, why not this
Not until the Mario universe is fully represented.

If they edited parts of it, I would love to play like that. And make it multiplayer that's fun and proper. Sure, there is strategy to the original Double Dash!!! in multiplayer mode when you put two human players in a kart, but it isn't as entertaining. Perhaps they could do something like the back seat uses items, and after they use their item they switch spots with the driver.

While the original concept is great, it'll probably wear out when it's used in every game onward. Double Dash!!! won't have anything really unique anymore either, besides stages and a select few characters.

Maybe they could make Double Dash!!! apart of the Battle Minigames, as an option.

Dr. Javelin said:
Agumon said:
Marilith said:
If they made a Super Smash Bros. Kart game, they could take my money and run.
I agree. If this was in MJ, I would put up that Take My Money meme.
wait, you're not allowed to reply with images outside of mindless junk?
When was that in order?

Marilith said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Agumon said:
Marilith said:
When was that in order?
I've never heard that rule before... :eek: I think it's because referencing memes is frowned upon outside of Mindless Junk.

Madikoopa said:
Marilith said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Agumon said:
Marilith said:
When was that in order?
I've never heard that rule before... :eek: I think it's because referencing memes is frowned upon outside of Mindless Junk.
That is possible.

Many memes are part of the golden letters of SPAM: Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Messages.

Can we please rerail?

Nintendo has considered doubles mode, and they acknowledge that it's a highly requested mode, so there is a good chance of Double Dash coming in a future Mario Kart game (but not Mario Kart 8 ).

I have always wanted a DD2, so yes.
But only if they added features so that it wouldn't feel like a carbon copy of the original.

Marilith said:
Madikoopa said:
Marilith said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Agumon said:
Marilith said:
When was that in order?
That is possible.
That is what I was referring to.

Anyways, I've played multiplayer with being in the same Kart. It is a little boring, but oddly enough, I love it.

Mario Party X said:
Bikes had a one-game-missing gap, so I wouldn't call it a "long" absence.
Last time I saw them was in Super Mario Kart, and they returned almost 10 years later in Mario Kart Wii.

Or am I missing something here?

Baby Luigi said:
Super Smash Kart is one of the most overly abused and suggested ideas ever and it's still overly stupid.
I've only heard the idea once: from my own stupid mouth

are you calling me overly abused and suggested?

Kingbowser99 said:
Mario Party X said:
Last time I saw them was in Super Mario Kart, and they returned almost 10 years later in Mario Kart Wii.

You know what I mean, smarty.

Kingbowser99 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Smash Kart is one of the most overly abused and suggested ideas ever and it's still overly stupid.

People in BLOF's second home, GameFAQs, make that suggestion all the time.

Mario Party X said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Mario Party X said:

You know what I mean, smarty.
Excuse me? I have no idea what you mean. You stated there's been a one game gap between the two games, whereas there's been at least five games between the two. Also, how the hell am I "smarty"? If I really was "smarty", I would have understood what the fuck you meant.

But hey, as long as we're going down this road of name calling, I find your posts shallow, pedantic, and downright rude.

How's that for smart? We're done here.

YES.

I never understood why they didn't make Boo Petey's and King Boo's special item, though...

Kingbowser99 said:
Mario Party X said:

What? Bikes were never in Super Mario Kart. They were introduced in Mario Kart Wii. *srsface*

Kingbowser99 said:
Baby Luigi said:

You haven't been outside this forum much.

And no don't jump to conclusions. I said the idea is stupid and abused, not you.

that's not true, I'm always exploring other sites to see what they have to say

I'm just saying that that was an original idea, and that I've never seen it suggested before

also I could have sworn that I saw some gameplay or at least some sprites of the original Mario kart game which had characters like Koopa Troopa on motorbikes or something

that would be mario excite bike

which was for the snes and was never released out of japan if memory serves

Kingbowser99 said:
I'm just saying that that was an original idea, and that I've never seen it suggested before

Actually I have seen it suggested here before. Either that or my memory fails. Still I'm against a Super Smash Kart idea for various reasons.

I've explored Super Mario Kart and they aren't on motorbikes, they're on go-karts. I think you mistook for Mario Excitebike? That's not a Mario Kart game, though.

dang ninja'd by Zae

well slap me thrice and hand me to me mother

this just backs up my "I'm not smart" argument that I made earlier

well, there goes my argument down the drain.

But still, what about people who never owned a GameCube? They've never been able to experience Double Dash, and since the GameCube is basically old news, I do think it's about time they brought back the whole idea, just for people who weren't able to experience it when it was all brand new.

It's a double edged sword. On one hand, not bringing back Double Dash mode makes the game more unique and much more of an experience, on the other hand, bringing it back gives newer players an opportunity to play it. I'm mixed on this.

Kingbowser99 said:
But still, what about people who never owned a GameCube? They've never been able to experience Double Dash, and since the GameCube is basically old news, I do think it's about time they brought back the whole idea, just for people who weren't able to experience it when it was all brand new.

This. Imagine playing Double Dash mode with updated graphics? Awesome.

Baby Luigi said:
It's a double edged sword. On one hand, not bringing back Double Dash mode makes the game more unique and much more of an experience, on the other hand, bringing it back gives newer players an opportunity to play it. I'm mixed on this.

I've thought of this too. I don't even know how to explain what I think, but I guess that what I try to say is that Double Dash will be left in a void if the feature that made it unique was implemented again. I don't know, it would sort of lose its 'special feel'. Then again, Mario Kart 64 was "unique" because of its 3D graphics (those characters are sprites, Nintendo. We're not fools), and subsequent games have been in 3D too, yet Mario Kart 64 hasn't lost its 'special feel' (at least to me). I don't know. This paragraph makes no sense. Curse not having English as my first language :c

I'd be cool with it, heck, 24 player online races could be used to show off the potential that GCN LAN adapter had.

Though if they bring it back, don't make the physics bouncy, man, shortcuts that are a cinch to pull off in Mario Kart DS to 7 are an absolute pain in Double Dash.

There are two things to notice in a DD mode: whether it's possible to make bikes and karts avalable for one and two characters, and how much additional time to make motions for characters in the back.

The other unneglectable factor is roster. Though we can create many different teams, it also doubles the chance that one character has to be in a race. In Kart Wii, there are 12 Karts but only 12 start racers. If we bring DD mode in Kart 8, there must be 24 starters and more than 36 total characters. It's quite a problem for Nintendo.

Baby Luigi said:
It's off topic so keep it short. It's like the Sonic V.S. Mario Kart and my answer is the same.

I'm not against it, but I'm afraid most suggestors didn't think twice. We have to keep the original Mario Kart games while the crossover title has to be a game features different gameplay and system. If they just hope to see other non-Mario characters be Mario Kart racers, it's just nonsense. Unless it's simply making several guest characters additional DLC for a new Mario Kart game (eg, R.O.B. for Kart DS DLC).

Back