Why I don't like the Luigi fanbase

Stop playing Mario Strikers Charged

Princess Zae said:
i dont hate mario i just think he's boring

he doesnt really feel like much of a character to be honest

plus ive liked luigi since like smb2.

I personally find most of the Mario characters to be really boring and lack character. I like Bowser, Bowser Jr. and even Yoshi. However, this could be because they have more character development. I actually feel like I have gotten to know them more than Mario and company.

chillv said:
Princess Zae said:

I like Bowser, Bowser Jr. and even Yoshi. However, this could be because they have more character development.

Bwahahahaha

Baby Luigi said:
I like Bowser, Bowser Jr. and even Yoshi. However, this could be because they have more character development.

Bwahahahaha

Well, Yoshi is just a helper for Mario and doesn't really need that much character development anyway. All I know about Yoshi is that he has a big appetite and apparently helps Mario because he "knows where food is" (I am quoting Baby Yoshi)

That doesn't sound like having any more character development than Mario

I don't hate Mario's guts. I just think that Luigi is kind of overshadowed by him sometimes.

But I have to admit, the Koopalings are WAAAY better than Luigi will ever be :D

He's no more boring, than Luigi, tbh.

oho

but that makes Luigi also a flat character

I guess this is why people say Nintendo games are for kids? Because of all the flat characters?
That's exactly right. Both Bros. have the same amount of personality. It's just that Mario's personality is enthusiasm, whilst Luigi's is cowardice.

like mario character development.
There is no character development for ANY of the characters in the Mario-franchise. It's supposed to be a simple, low-threshold franchise, whose games are easy to just pick up and play. It's not supposed to be like "Mass Effect", or something equally involved.

They aren't really being serious, most of the time they are joking, some mean it, they just feel bad for Luigi.
Good that they aren't being serious 🤨.

I like Luigi more because he has more of a personality than Mario, so it's kind of hard to hate on him. I guess it's because it would be kind of hard to give Mario any character development when he is pretty much an embodiment of the player. I'm hoping the Year of Luigi will give Mario some breathing room to develop.
How, exactly, does Luigi have more personality, than Mario? Exactly right, he doesn't. His "personality" is cowardice; Mario's is enthusiasm. My footwraps have more personality, than Luigi 😅.

I like the controls of Luigi in Super Mario World :luigi:

Sometimes, Nintendo is cruel to Luigi, i.e. Super Mario 64 DS.
Probably because he controls the same as Mario in Super Mario World. He's literally just a palette-swap.

The only reason I prefer Luigi over Mario is because I play better as Luigi
Now, THAT'S a legitimate reason 👍🏻.

ok even ignoring the whole 'why the hell did you bump a thread from 2014 thing', you know you can post multiple quotes in one post, right?

like just click the +quote button and it adds the post to the multi-quote and then you can click the new 'insert quotes' button at the bottom to, well, insert the quotes into your single post

like you don't have to post like seven times in a row

Also I think it's fine to try to iterate your points in response to these posts, but just keep in mind, a lot these people aren't active in the forums any more and likely won't see your posts. And just pay attention to the dates so you can post information accordingly. People will respond to the posts better even if you simply acknowledge you're bumping a thread.

Anyway uh I think I've been arguing pretty similar points (not necessarily in this thread) in that Luigi doesn't have necessarily more personality than Mario, but that Luigi shows vulnerability while Mario is more carefree and that sort of obvious character flaw is the thing a lot of people find relatable in Luigi, endearing too.

But Mario's singled out sometimes. I think you can reliably argue that it goes for the other guys. Their personality traits, you can count on your fingers. You don't know jack about their family members either, while Mario and Luigi at least have parents with their faces shown in places. Mario, however, just suffers from being jack of all trades and having a little less dialogue than other people (for whatever reason) which people can take it as bland personality. I mean, Larry Koopa is a very uninteresting character to me despite the crazy hair and he's not much of a step down compared to the Koopalings. He just doesn't stand out to me, like... at least the other guys have something going for them even if they overlap (Roy and Morton for instance.

Last edited:
ok even ignoring the whole 'why the hell did you bump a thread from 2014 thing', you know you can post multiple quotes in one post, right?

like just click the +quote button and it adds the post to the multi-quote and then you can click the new 'insert quotes' button at the bottom to, well, insert the quotes into your single post

Probably his first experience on a forum, he probably had no idea, just sayin'

He's no more boring, than Luigi, tbh[...]
I've merged your post for you. Few things, don't double post, especially don't septuple post. If there are several people you need to reply to, do it in the same post. Just press the +Quote button and it will add that quote to your existing reply. However, this thread is from 2014, and as already stated, most of the users you're quoting have been inactive since forever. It's always good to check the date of the last reply before you rush to make your own. If the last reply is almost a decade ago, maybe a new thread sharing your thoughts is a better idea, rather than quoting inactive users seven posts in a row. Since you're new and forums can be confusing to new users, I'm just going to leave it at this post, but I'd suggest looking at the rules before continuing to post ^^

OK. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. 👍🏻

Mario is a bland and boring character but I think the Year of Luigi is a bunch of glorified BS anyway

9 years later and I still refuse to acknowledge it until they make an official Year of Baby Luigi where he becomes the main star of the Yoshi franchise and he appears as the best playable character in Tennis and Golf and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.

I just don't want them to get any ideas of rehashing the Year of Luigi but still make a new character-themed year for another character, even though I like Luigi. Like Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., or Rosalina would all be good for example

Even a year for a character far from my favorite like Wario would at least not be worse outright because at least it's not a rehash

Back