Why I don't like the Luigi fanbase

yes, a doctor that specializes in big pointy sticks

I thought everyone knew that my doctorate was in psychology, not medical.

Come on guys.

(actually I suppose I should add that to userpedia)

I agree that between the two, Mario's the flat character.

But the Luigi fanbase blow things out of proportion. They hate him for things that aren't even associated with Mario.

People call Mario an idiot yet nothing in the Mario franchise has ever depicted Mario as stupid. Luigi's Mansion the only proof necessary that Luigi's the dumb brother.

"Mario's a lazy good-for-nothing fatass". So who rescued Daisy in Super Mario Land? Who rescued Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy? Mario's lazy, huh? Bowser's Inside Story: Bowser attacks Peach's Castle, Mario leaps into action while Luigi snoozes. Yeah, Luigi has a great work ethic.

Randy Cunningham said:
I agree that between the two, Mario's the flat character.

But the Luigi fanbase blow things out of proportion. They hate him for things that aren't even associated with Mario.

People call Mario an idiot yet nothing in the Mario franchise has ever depicted Mario as stupid. Luigi's Mansion the only proof necessary that Luigi's the dumb brother.

"Mario's a lazy good-for-nothing fatass". So who rescued Daisy in Super Mario Land? Who rescued Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy? Mario's lazy, huh? Bowser's Inside Story: Bowser attacks Peach's Castle, Mario leaps into action while Luigi snoozes. Yeah, Luigi has a great work ethic.

"I hate it when people bash a character based on things randomly taken out of context"
> Proceeds to do exactly that

Being a deep sleeper =/= having a bad work ethic

If someone woke him up, I'm sure Luigi would've lent Mario a hand.

What about Mario's Early Years? If you woke him up he wouldn't do anything for you.

That's because it's a crappy edutainment game, and Luigi'd already had enough of that shit after starring in Mario is Missing! He's no fool - he knew not to go there again.

That's not Luigi. The whole premise of those games is that Mario was trapped in a nonsensical universe governed by inane questions, dubious felines, and bad voiceacting, and is slowly losing his mind. Whatever he is interacting with, his brain only makes it appear to be Luigi to protect itself from destruction.

Marioguy145 said:
I understand I'll probably get a lot of hate, but I feel this needs to be said.

Why is there so many Luigi fanboys that basically hate Mario's guts? They say he hogs the spotlight, that Luigi is better than him, and that Mario treats him badly. It's almost like Mario's the one getting overshadowed now.

But I'm not trying to bash Luigi, I'm just sick of his fans treating Mario like the bad guy.
Despite the fact that is completely true.

Actually, it's not. AFAIK there's hardly any evidence that suggests Mario lords his fame over Luigi (the only thing that comes to my mind is some sports game where he's a bad sport over having to give a trophy to Luigi or something).

It's more that everyone else shoves the spotlight onto Mario and goes out of their way to ignore Luigi. The only thing one could realistically fault Mario for here is that he allows this to happen and doesn't use his influence over the masses to stop it.

But really, Mario is designed to be an empty vessel, and speaking out on behalf of his brother would counteract that design choice, so they can't have him do that.

He sometimes stands up for Luigi. Like in BIS where Starlow's being unnecessarily bitchy towards Luigi about the 'Shroobs, and Mario's like "actually, he defeated them" and shuts her up.

Zae said:
toads are not important characters ever.

Well aside from a certain fangame.
And Wario's Woods. (well, one's important, but still, he's representin')

Toads can be important if you choose to play as them in NSMBW

Walkazo said:
He sometimes stands up for Luigi. Like in BIS where Starlow's being unnecessarily bitchy towards Luigi about the 'Shroobs, and Mario's like "actually, he defeated them" and shuts her up.

Zae said:
toads are not important characters ever.

Well aside from a certain fangame.
And Wario's Woods. (well, one's important, but still, he's representin')

one game i never played so naturally i kinda skipped over it, but eh.

still nothing too impacting i suppose.

Toads can be important if you choose to play as them in NSMBW

well technically you dont really choose as more of the fact that their assigned to a player number lol.

so in all reality they're still not important unless you're playing multiplayer!

Zae said:

he's the main character how is that not impacting

Walkazo said:

That's because Starlow's constant nagging is so annoying, even a template hero like Mario can't take that shit for a whole game.

Bowser45 said:
Zae said:

he's the main character how is that not impacting

probably because its just one obscure game.

i mean how many times have toads actually proven useful in the series, a few?

most of their actual doings is being dumbfounded by a kidnapping or just running away like cowards.

So quite frankly, i dont considering impacting if a toad only served a purpose in a few games out of all the other games that toads have been useless.

Walkazo said:

The funny thing is that Starlow mocks Luigi thinking he defeated the Sheoobs with "his ferocious crying" and yet that's exactly how (Baby) Luigi eradicated the Shroobs. Baby tears turn shroobified people back to normal.

Randy Cunningham said:
Walkazo said:
He sometimes stands up for Luigi. Like in BIS where Starlow's being unnecessarily *bleep*y towards Luigi about the 'Shroobs, and Mario's like "actually, he defeated them" and shuts her up.

The funny thing is that Starlow mocks Luigi thinking he defeated the Sheoobs with "his ferocious crying" and yet that's exactly how (Baby) Luigi eradicated the Shroobs. Baby tears turn shroobified people back to normal.
I actually remember this.

Zae said:
well technically you dont really choose as more of the fact that their assigned to a player number lol.

so in all reality they're still not important unless you're playing multiplayer!

And if you are??? It's possible Luigi is just as useless as them in that game.

But oh well, Toad is definitely making use in Super Mario 3D World.

Baby Luigi said:
Zae said:

And if you are??? It's possible Luigi is just as useless as them in that game.

But oh well, Toad is definitely making use in Super Mario 3D World.

i wouldn't know i have no friends to play multiplayer with

so naturally im a jack-hole and assume they're useless

Back