Your Worst Mario Characters

Kingfawful4321 said:
All power ups are recolors.
All the non-suit power-ups, that is.

Wario: He always screws me over in Mario Party

Bowser: I find it completely unfair that Peach gets all the hate for being kidnapped, yet Bowser gets a free pass despite being the kidnapper 9 times out of 10.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Wario: He always screws me over in Mario Party

If you play with me, it'll be HIM that's getting screwed over

MarioLuigi25 said:
Bowser: I find it completely unfair that Peach gets all the hate for being kidnapped, yet Bowser gets a free pass despite being the kidnapper 9 times out of 10.

I agree, but I'd say that's more Toadsworth's fault for being overprotective.

While not my least favorite of the bunch, I have to say, Larry's probably the worst of the koopalings. He just seems too generic compared to the others.

MarioLuigi25 said:
What I find unfair is how a crappy villain like him continues to get all this special attention, while far greater villains within the series are considered expendable.

Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
What I find unfair is how a crappy villain like him continues to get all this special attention, while far greater villains within the series are considered expendable.

Probably because Nintendo doesn't want to use characters that weren't created by them hence why the RPG villains always end up dead. How Fawful managed to avoid that for 2 games (beyond fan request) is beyond me. Although that doesn't explain why Nintendo doesn't use some of their other Mario villains like Wario.

Randy Cunningham said:
Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Probably because Nintendo doesn't want to use characters that weren't created by them hence why the RPG villains always end up dead. How Fawful managed to avoid that for 2 games (beyond fan request) is beyond me. Although that doesn't explain why Nintendo doesn't use some of their other Mario villains like Wario.
Because Wario already has his own series.

Colonel Harland Sanders said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Yoshi and Donkey Kong have their own series as well, doesn't stop them from coming back to the Mario games.

Randy Cunningham said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Yoshi and Donkey Kong have their own series as well, doesn't stop them from coming back to the Mario games.
Donkey Kong doesn't really come back.

Yoshi is a special case because the name Yoshi not only refers to a character, but a whole species. I'd have to get into that to explain it, and it might get confusing. Plus, that series is directly connected to Mario because he appears in the games.

Randy Cunningham said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Yoshi is a special case because the name Yoshi not only refers to a character, but a whole species. I'd have to get into that to explain it, and it might get confusing. Plus, that series is directly connected to Mario because he appears in the games.

Yeah, I agree majorly cuz Yoshi and DK at least related to each Mario.

Randy Cunningham said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Solar Blaze said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Mvd.jpg

Randy Cunningham said:
The same also applies to villains like Wart and Tatanga. Those two have loads of potential and are far overdue for a comeback, and yet Nintendo refuses to so much as acknowledge their existence in this series, even though the two of them clearly didn't die in their respective games.

DragonFreak said:
Wario was a villain in like one game. After that, he ascended into anti-hero kingdom.
Two, if you count Wario's Woods.

Solar Blaze said:
Randy Cunningham said:
The same also applies to villains like Wart and Tatanga. Those two have loads of potential and are far overdue for a comeback, and yet Nintendo refuses to so much as acknowledge their existence in this series, even though the two of them clearly didn't die in their respective games.

That might be attributed to the games' reputation since SMB2 was a self rip-off of Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Land being obscure.

Meh, that didn't stop Shy Guys, Bob-ombs, and Birdo from appearing in future games

Pretty sure he meant on general Nintendo standards like Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., and Baby Rosalina

• Wendy - I'm not sure why, but I hate her :P
  • Pink Gold Peach - The female version of a powerup rip-off, that's reason enough
  • Rosalina - She is too popular, even people I know who haven't even played Mario Galaxy/2 love her!

Back