Your Worst Mario Characters

New list:
5. Kersti- Easily the worst of the "tattling partners/small traveling companions" in the RPGs. Still, not entirely hated because she manages to be original unlike the rest of the characters in the game in question.

4. Metal Mario- As said before, he was fine as a power up in SM64, but should have stayed there.

3. Baby Rosalina- Not only is it another unneeded time paradox, but it breaks canon by depicting her without the red hair she was shown with in the storybook.

2. and 1. Tie between Toad and Pink Gold Peach.
Pink Gold Peach- Where the hell did this thing come from? Was she secretly having an affair with Metal Mario behind the scenes in SM64?

Toad- He was a decent character in Mario Kart 64 and the earlier Mario Party games. The question is, what happened? Now he sounds like a baby with strep throat and---Toad, what are you doing? *gets rammed off cliff* Toad: YAPPERDAP

I can really only think of 2 that I outright hate.

1.Pink Gold Peach
I can tolerate Metal Mario but PGP is just an outright abomination of a ''character''

2.Dimentio
I hate this fucking thing because he does the most sinful thing any fictional character could ever do.

HE'S BORING AS SHITT!!!

Seriously of all the creative villains this series has come up with, all the neat things based off old concepts but that are still done in ways to make them feel fresh, out of all that we have this painfully average evil magic jester cliche. And I could live with that if they actually did something new with him but they don't! He's played as straight as a bloody arrow and its so bland and boring and I've seen it done much better too.

Amplifying my hatred is the fact that many people actually like this twat of a character and think he's the best because of how ''evil and diabolical'' he is.

I can't stand him and I never want to see anything like him ever again in a Mario game.

Mcmadness said:
Amplifying my hatred is the fact that many people actually like this twat of a character and think he's the best because of how ''evil and diabolical'' he is
Yeah, how dare people like something you don't like.

3D Player 2004 said:
Cirdec said:
Diddy Kong, glad he was cut in Mario Kart 8.
But he is awesome. How can you hate him.

:)bowjr: :rosalina: :birdo:): these 3 are extremely overrated.
As someone who can't stand Birdo even I think she's far from overrated.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Mcmadness said:
Amplifying my hatred is the fact that many people actually like this twat of a character and think he's the best because of how ''evil and diabolical'' he is
Yeah, how dare people like something you don't like.

3D Player 2004 said:
Cirdec said:
Diddy Kong, glad he was cut in Mario Kart 8.
But he is awesome. How can you hate him.

:)bowjr: :rosalina: :birdo:): these 3 are extremely overrated.
As someone who can't stand Birdo even I think she's far from overrated.

Wouldn't be the first time people have liked something thats objectively terrible.

I really hate Funky Kong, I refuse to use him in MKW even if he is the fastest.
I am not really a fan of Dry Bones except as a partner in MP7.

Thats not fixing, thats just spreading falsehoods and poor grammar.

Whether something is good or not is subjective. For example most people think A Troll in Central Park is a bad movie. In reality it's just a movie that I happen to like, but not everyone does. Same goes for Dimentio; you think he's a terrible character, but that doesn't mean he is a terrible character.

You like a troll in central park?

Now I've heard everything.

And no there is such a thing as being objectively terrible.

Mcmadness said:
Wouldn't be the first time people have liked something thats objectively terrible.
...Didn't you say before that you didn't treat your opinions like facts?

SolarBlaze said:
Mcmadness said:

I don't when there actually a logical reason for why someone would feel the opposite.

I feel pretty much the same way about Bowser. Sure, I've said many times that I don't understand what people see in him as a villain, but at the same time, I've never once proclaimed it to be solid fact. It's all a matter of preference.

Mcmadness said:
SolarBlaze said:
Mcmadness said:

I don't when there actually a logical reason for why someone would feel the opposite.
...so why is it so impossible for someone to like Birdo?

I was never talking about Birdo...

SolarBlaze said:
I feel pretty much the same way about Bowser. Sure, I've said many times that I don't understand what people see in him as a villain, but at the same time, I've never once proclaimed it to be solid fact. It's all a matter of preference.

Its not difficult to figure out, he's got a unique design that makes him stand out and had many memorable boss fights over the years, and that was before they gave him any kind of personality.

Yes, and most of those "memorable boss fights" were straight rehashes of previous ones, such as having to run underneath or around him to close the drawbridge, along with all thousand plus times he's turned into a giant, especially as of late. Last, but not least, next to none of Bowser's plans have any originality whatsoever. Nearly every one of his plans, in a nutshell, mainly consist of kidnapping the princess because he has a crush on her. In Dream Team (which, by the way, he had no business being in), he even went so far as to say that it was his "calling in life".

That's really only the 2D Mario games, especially with the "New" series.

He's generally more creative in the 3D games and the old 2D games.

SolarBlaze said:
Yes, and most of those "memorable boss fights" were straight rehashes of previous ones, such as having to run underneath or around him to close the drawbridge, along with all thousand plus times he's turned into a giant, especially as of late. Last, but not least, next to none of Bowser's plans have any originality whatsoever. Nearly every one of his plans, in a nutshell, consist of kidnapping the princess because he has a crush on her. In Dream Team (which, by the way, he had no business being in), he even went so far as to say that it was his "calling in life".

Yeah Bowser's had some mediocre boss fights but that doesn't mean the great ones are any less great. People loved ones like the ending to SMW, Yoshi's island, SM64 just to name a few.

And I already explained to you how ''all he does is kidnap the princess'' is not only completely false but that pretty much every villain minus Wart, Wario, and Smithy had a plan involving kidnapping Princess Peach or another Princess.

Also in Dream Team the whole point of him being there was meant to give you the feeling he'd play second fiddle to the new one off bad guy, but instead its reversed. Its called a plot twist and it makes sense within the context of the story.

Also, considering all the crap Bowser goes through in the RPGs, the Dream Team incident can be hand waved this one time. Sticker Star on the other hand...

Mcmadness said:
And I already explained to you how ''all he does is kidnap the princess'' is not only completely false but that pretty much every villain minus Wart, Wario, and Smithy had a plan involving kidnapping Princess Peach or another Princess.
1. Ah, so you truly are the same person as mrbowser, after all. I thought about asking, but it looks like I've already gotten my answer.

2. Yes, there are some exceptions (however few there may be), which is why I said that's what most of his plans are about.

Also in Dream Team the whole point of him being there was meant to give you the feeling he'd play second fiddle to the new one off bad guy, but instead its reversed. Its called a plot twist and it makes sense within the context of the story.
Maybe, but it still seemed as if he was shoehorned into the game. In addition to the perfume explanation not making any sense, Antasma's kidnapping of Peach was clearly a convenient excuse to get Bowser involved. Even if Antasma's reason for taking her was to steal her powers to escape his imprisonment within the dream world, I don't see why he couldn't have just simply passed through the dream portal Luigi generated (in his sleep) the moment it was opened.

Casey Jones said:
Also, considering all the crap Bowser goes through in the RPGs, the Dream Team incident can be hand waved this one time. Sticker Star on the other hand...
That doesn't get a free pass with me. That was such a clear, blatant copout that was done for little reason other than to cater to Bowser fanboys. If they were going to pull a stunt like that, they might as well not've even bothered coming up with Antasma.

If you actually pay attention the games where he JUST kidnaps Peach are the minority. Most cases he usually has a plan going alongside that.

She was in the dreams deep, Bowser was standing in front of said portal, the previous game established he's got an amazing schnoz. Its not difficult to figure out and it fits in with the comedic nature of the M&L series.

Antasma kidnapped her for her ''power.'' Its not a contrived reason to get Bowser involved its a contrived reason to put her in danger. You know, like ALL of the rpgs up to that point.

How is it a cop out? They were playing with the expectations of the player. Bowser being second to the new one off bad guy is the expected thing to happen so they reversed it and presented it as a plot twist, which it was. Its a common story telling device and they executed it quite nicely.

Back