Why does everyone like Dry Bones?

PMSS and PMCS are bad because of their battle system. All of Mario's actions in-battle are basically one-time use items that you have to go your way to re-obtain every time after you dispose of them. Who in their right mind would think that's a good mechanic for 2 games in a row??!

Yeah, but I find the writing to be very good, so I don't really care that much.

Bye Guy said:
PMSS and PMCS are bad because of their battle system. All of Mario's actions in-battle are basically one-time use items that you have to go your way to re-obtain every time after you dispose of them. Who in their right mind would think that's a good mechanic for 2 games in a row??!
I may be alone in saying this...but the battle system is great imo. It adds a new layer of strategy, and also ensures that you mix up your attacks instead of using the same one all the time. The loss of EXP I consider a good thing at least in some ways; Sticker Star didn't quite get that right, but Color Splash had the perfect balance: still reward battles, but don't force them.

Overall, 9/10 game.

Bye Guy said:

*shrugs* doesn't feel all that different from having to go to an inn to restore your FP or whatever.

Especially since in CS's case just about every single card you find in the game is immediately made available to be bought at the store in the main town.

No I'd say it's problems are other things.

Back