Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Mario Party X said:
I don't know. I understood that characters can't make sudden reappearances. But I think there's a way to incorporate that in the games.
The biggest question from the previous title is lacking of the village DK members live. If the opening this time can completely show that all DK members are frozen by Vikings, the possibility could be higher.

Solar Blaze said:
Kellam said:
It's the Year of Luigi, so the only choice that'd make sense is having Luigi playable.
I don't see how that would make sense in any way, shape, or form. I have nothing against Luigi, but he has no place whatsoever in the in Donkey Kong Country series.
A crossover appearance is cool, but still there are tons of DK characters need to be playable much more than him.

It should totally be Rattly the Rattlesnake.

Solar Blaze said:
Kellam said:
It's the Year of Luigi, so the only choice that'd make sense is having Luigi playable.
I don't see how that would make sense in any way, shape, or form. I have nothing against Luigi, but he has no place whatsoever in the in Donkey Kong Country series.
Thats_the_joke.jpg

In all seriousness, it's probably going to be Kiddy Kong.

KingMario128 said:
Maybe he´s at the box backside
I'd imagine it being left as a surprise.

Hold on, I'm an idiot...

When I saw the Box cover, I thought that the back half of Diddy was another monkey. Wow, I feel so stupid...

But it does look like it could be another monkey character if you look at it right!!!

Anyways, I'm excited to get this game...

Can anyone else picture a 3DS port of this game?

Shokora said:

Seeing the trailer on a 3DS system did seem quite odd, seeing as the game is for the Wii U.

Shokora said:
Maybe, but personally, I'd rather see them continue the Donkey Kong Land series.

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

A 3DS port would kinda put me off getting a Wii U though.

It has been announced in the recent Nintendo Direct that this game has been delayed until 2014.

that sucks

NSY said:
It has been announced in the recent Nintendo Direct that this game has been delayed until 2014.

that sucks

They probably need more time to implement certain things. For one example, an "Easy Mode" could be in development, which operates much like with DKCR 3D's New Mode.

MnSG said:
NSY said:

that sucks

They probably need more time to implement certain things. For one example, an "Easy Mode" could be in development, which operates much like with DKCR 3D's New Mode.

Or maybe some parts of the game are having some trouble (i.e. frame speed slowly down) that they want to fix.

I honestly think this is better because there are already like 6 games coming out for this holiday season and I only have so much money...

I'm sure it's going to be worth the extra wait.

Nabber said:

Super Mario 3D Land is responsible for the delay of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Makes sense.

Well, they were too busy playing the copy of 3D Land to get an idea of how 3D World should be.

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:

Super Mario 3D Land is responsible for the delay of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Makes sense.
Yes. In Nintendo's eyes, the priority is NEW MARIO GAME for the holiday season. Notice how SM3DL is $60, while all the other games they're releasing are a lesser price? They're betting that SM3DL will be the Wii U's killer app.

Back