Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

> Box art shows Cranky on it.
> Everyone assumes that he is playable.
> Everyone thought that with Rosalina in MP: IT.

Yeah, I mean, it would be cool, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just because he appears on the box-art with them, and NO OTHER INFORMATION at all, I don't see how in the world this can be "auto-confirmed"?

That's my thinking as well.

That's actually pretty cool. Man, all these unexpected playable characters recently. Rosalina, Cranky Kong...what's next? Marx being playable in a Kirby game? Or Magolor?

Champion Christmas said:
Zelda will finally be playable in Zelda U

Well, in Spirit Tracks you could, kinda. But, yeah, that would be awesome.

So something of value came from VGX (for me, anyway, that's a first).

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/cranky-kong-to-be-fourth-playable-character-in-tropical-freeze1

Seeing Cranky Kong in action is pretty awesome... Though admittedly, I couldn't help but think Scrooge McDuck while watching the demo.

Damn it, Smashgoom, now the Ducktales theme is in my head.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
I fail to see why him appearing on the box art necessarily means it's him. I fail to see how it even can be. He can't even stand up without a cane. Let alone keep up with the other Kongs. Will he have to be carried by DK and use his cane as a weapon? Will he use his cane as a pogo stick à la Scrooge McDuck? Will he concoct a potion for more vitality? There would have to be SOME explanation.
I brought up Scrooge McDuck before Cranky was ever even confirmed.

Purple Yoshi said:
That's actually pretty cool. Man, all these unexpected playable characters recently. Rosalina, Cranky Kong...what's next? Marx being playable in a Kirby game? Or Magolor?
Depends on what you mean, because "unexpected" can't mean "random". In the result of SM3DW, it's still not clear why Rosalina appears while other recrurring characters still don't. In DK's case, though Cranky has always been DK's mentor, we don't know if the kongs would reappear as the old days or just don't appear as the previous title.

And it should had happened since NSMBWii, where Nintendo proved that they are able give something "unexpected" but the result was wrong. Besides, Cranky isn't the answer to Rosalina if he's not an unlockable or a fifth playable character.

Dorayaki said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Depends on what you mean, because "unexpected" can't mean "random". In the result of SM3DW, it's still not clear why Rosalina appears while other recrurring characters still don't. In DK's case, though Cranky has always been DK's mentor, we don't know if the kongs would reappear as the old days or just don't appear as the previous title.

And it should had happened since NSMBWii, where Nintendo proved that they are able give something "unexpected" but the result was wrong. Besides, Cranky isn't the answer to Rosalina if he's not an unlockable or a fifth playable character.

God, are you still angry about having Rosalina instead of Daisy? Eh, nevermind.

Well, he's similar to Rosalina because he hasn't been playable before (in his Cranky Kong form, anyway). The other 4 characters in SM3DW were playable in SMB2.

You can't really compare Rosalina to Cranky though, since Cranky has been around for a much longer time period.

MnSG said:
You can't really compare Rosalina to Cranky though, since Cranky has been around for a much longer time period.
Correct.
Purple Yoshi said:
God, are you still angry about having Rosalina instead of Daisy? Eh, nevermind.
Well, he's similar to Rosalina because he hasn't been playable before (in his Cranky Kong form, anyway). The other 4 characters in SM3DW were playable in SMB2.
That's two things, as said, it should have been happened in NSMBWii so it's not really about Rosalina, and Toad characters are more like victims. Anyway, I'm fine with Cranky's playable debut though he's not a surprising choice. I hope to see a fifth one.

Okay, here's something interesting...

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/08/donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-may-have-a-fifth-playable-character/

There MIGHT be a fifth playable character coming... Please, please, PLEASE be King K. Rool!!!

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, here's something interesting...

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/08/donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-may-have-a-fifth-playable-character/

There MIGHT be a fifth playable character coming... Please, please, PLEASE be King K. Rool!!!
That would be cool. Did ANYONE ever say "Gee, I really wish I could play as Cranky Kong" when playing the four Dkc? The idea doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought the joke was that Cranky was always boasting he could still whoopass, like in his youth, and better than DK, only to fall over without his walking stick.

I can't wait to experience Cranky's pure, badass, cranky platforming prowess.

Cranky Kong artwork released.

640px-Cranky_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

I think Kiddy is the most likely considering he was playable in DKC3

Duskull said:
I think Kiddy is the most likely considering he was playable in DKC3
Kiddy has not appeared since his debut though.

Back