• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
Sm4sh recently got a new update, and all it does is add amiibo support for the upcoming Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin amiibo. No rebalancing, so your replays in theory shouldn't break.

As long as they weren't from patch 1.1.5 and earlier, yes.

Is it the same Palutena buffs from GameBanana? Her f-tilt in that mod is actually useful now. :O You should make her d-Smash and f-Smash less laggy though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Is it the same Palutena buffs from GameBanana? Her f-tilt in that mod is actually useful now. :O You should make her d-Smash and f-Smash less laggy though.

Not exactly. Unlike my past moveset hack for Palutena, the new revision that I worked on during the past set of days has a lot more adjustments that I was never able to implement in the past.

As for the f-smash and d-smash, there's no longer a sourspot hit for either of them, but there is a late hit segment before the windbox becomes active.

Anyway, my old revision is no longer available, since I updated it with the brand new revision.

Ness keeps dropping but it's not like any of this matters in 8-player modded Smash so

So Bowser is no longer the best super heavyweight, Wario gets hit even harder, Rosalina is now the second best Mario universe fighter (Diddy is still #1), and Cloud gets the #2 spot, despite having such a poor recovery without Limit Break; Diddy's recovery is better, despite having its own set of flaws.

MnSG said:
Cloud gets the #2 spot, despite having such a poor recovery without Limit Break
His blasted hitboxes more than make up for his flaws.

Princess Zelda said:
A character can be tournament viable for top level, despite having a terrible recovery

Yeah it's almost like in Melee, where the top 2 fighters have bad recoveries, but unlike with Cloud, the flaws that Melee Fox and Melee Falco had with their recoveries was more due to how fast their falling speed is.

Princess Zelda said:
Cloud without Limit still has the 14th fastest fall speed though

Still, fighters in Smash 3DS / Wii U don't fall as fast as the ones in Melee; Cloud's falling speed is 1.68, while Melee Mario's falling speed is 1.7. Smash 3DS / Wii U Fox may be the fastest faller of all the Smash 3DS / Wii U standard fighters, but Melee Sheik falls faster. Likewise, there are 8 fighters who fall at a slower speed than Melee Jigglypuff.

With 2018 started now. I have a strong feeling we'll finally have our answer on the Smash for Switch this year. I still think for the most part it will be mainly a port of Smash 4. The game's only been out for three years, and you're leaving many of those Amiibo they released collecting dust with the Wii U if the game doesn't find it's way to the Switch.

2017 was already a jam-packed year of first party titles with Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey. Perhaps that's at least part of the reason we got absolutely no updates on if any kind of Smash is coming to the Switch. So there's something that will no doubt be big announced for 2018. With the possibility of more time given to add a little more incentive to get the Switch version with the addition of a new character or two and some new modes in a Smash 4 Deluxe sort of thing.

I don't know when we'll get any news on it. Whether it'll be in the rumored January direct or even waiting til' E3. I think the most ideal way to announce the Smash for Switch is reveal it in an early year direct that includes a trailer for a character exclusive to the Switch version. And then E3 will come by with more surprises.

Smash 4 Switch is pretty much a guarantee at this point. I imagine that it will AT LEAST be Smash 4 Wii U with all DLC + stages from 3DS and Smash Run.

Extend 8-player Smash to all stages, good god, please, it runs perfectly fine in those settings, there's no excuse to limit it.

Back