• Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS Discussionher i

memoryman3 said:
The Zelda series has very few characters that span games worth mentioning,

Hmm...

Now I want Tingle for Smash.

Tingle is honestly my second most wanted Zelda character, after Impa. Tingle has appeared in more than one 3D Zelda game and even has his own spin-off series. I feel like he actually has a decent chance in the future. I'd want Impa first though.

Guys, guys. Don't worry. Daisy won't get in. If another Mario character is getting in, it's either Toad or Paper Mario for being far more relevant and requested, and if Sakurai does decide to take the route of representing the spin-offs, it's obvious he will choose Waluigi. We won't be seeing that lame yellow-dressed girl being playable, that's for sure. Rest easy.

Anser said:
Guys, guys. Don't worry. Daisy won't get in. If another Mario character is getting in, it's either Toad or Paper Mario for being far more relevant and requested, and if Sakurai does decide to take the route of representing the spin-offs, it's obvious he will choose Waluigi. We won't be seeing that lame yellow-dressed girl being playable, that's for sure. Rest easy.

Wow, assumptions ahoy! I would like to see your work permits for Nintendo! When Daisy gets in Smash Switch, I will look back at all this hate and doubt and laugh as I conquer tournaments with her!

Anser said:
if Sakurai does decide to take the route of representing the spin-offs, it's obvious he will choose Waluigi.

The thing is though, he doesn't even need to add representation of the various Mario sports games. They already HAVE representation. That's where Peach's golf club and tennis racket attacks come from. There's also the Waluigi assist trophy. There are Nintendo series/spin-offs that would WISH to have that amount of presence in SSB.

Yapyap said:
Anser said:
if Sakurai does decide to take the route of representing the spin-offs, it's obvious he will choose Waluigi.

The thing is though, he doesn't even need to add representation of the various Mario sports games. They already HAVE representation. That's where Peach's golf club and tennis racket attacks come from. There's also the Waluigi assist trophy. There are Nintendo series/spin-offs that would WISH to have that amount of presence in SSB.

Yes....but you apply the same thing to pretty much any requested character, and to be frank, the current representation is kinda.....pitiful. No Baseball, no Strikers, and only a few for Golf and Tennis. Daisy herself has some sports trophies in her Striker uniform (which only her and Mario got), her baseball uniform, and tennis uniform.

But really, I want Daisy in mainly because I want to play as Daisy.

That is understandable, but really a lot of people want to play as (their favorite character) from (a series/spin-off they like). Like, I'd like to play as something from the first two Paper Marios, or Captain Syrup from Wario Land, Presea Combatir or Jade Curtiss from the Tales games, or maybe even something like Amaterasu from Okami. But I know that's most likely not gonna happen, and I'm not gonna get up in arms about it.

The Mario Spin-off titles are already alluded to with Peach's moveset, the Waluigi assist trophy, and various non-fighter trophies. Daisy is represented by trophies and as an alternate color scheme for Peach. It's not a whole lot of coverage, but it's more than some other characters/franchises get. There's merit in being grateful for what you got.

Yapyap said:
That is understandable, but really a lot of people want to play as (their favorite character) from (a series/spin-off they like). Like, I'd like to play as something from the first two Paper Marios, or Captain Syrup from Wario Land, Presea Combatir or Jade Curtiss from the Tales games, or maybe even something like Amaterasu from Okami. But I know that's most likely not gonna happen.

The Mario Spin-off titles are already alluded to with Peach's moveset, the Waluigi assist trophy, and various non-fighter trophies. Daisy is represented by trophies and as an alternate color scheme for Peach. It's not a whole lot of coverage, but it's more than some other characters/franchises get. There's merit in being grateful for what you got.

Yes, but it is very frustrating seeing what new characters DID get in before her.... :rosalina: :bowjr: (yeah i know spinoff yadda yadda don't tell me for the fifth time), and all Daisy gets, is a lame colour swap that feels cheap. I mean, ugh! Daisy is playable in ALLL of these Mario games, and even crossovers in the Olympics, that have spanned over years. It's not like she is a one off character. Her Smash representation just feels like a downgrade, and it is almost insulting seeing how Peach and Rosalina mimick her in-game.

I do see the rationale behind Rosalina's inclusion though. Upon her creation, Rosalina was a very unique character, and she had a radically different role than the other prominent crown-wearing women of the Mario series. She wasn't just yet another archetypical damsel in distress. She was pretty much a mentor-figure and she comes across as someone who is actually... powerful. Like someone who wouldn't just get kidnapped and had to be rescued. If you look at her debut game, a case could be made that she is pretty much a goddess, or at least some sort of deity that oversees the creation of new galaxies. That's something that hasn't really been explored in the Mario series, and bears a lot of potential. So I think it is logical that SSB would be interested in exploring that character, and fleshing out her abilities a bit more.

As for Bowser Jr./the Koopalings. It's probably just that Sakurai came up with a fun moveset for the Koopa Clown Car and then he put those guys in it. Plus in regards to the Koopalings, nowadays you can hardly look at the Mario series anymore without tripping over at least one of those little buggers, so might as well shovel them into the game too.

Anyway, it would be great if it was easier to mod these games, and if Nintendo wasn't so strictly opposed to the idea of community-made mods. Then people could just mod their own rosters in, including Daisy if you want to.

Yapyap said:
I do see the rationale behind Rosalina's inclusion though. Upon her creation, Rosalina was a very unique character, and she had a radically different role than the other prominent crown-wearing women of the Mario series. She wasn't just yet another archetypical damsel in distress. She was pretty much a mentor-figure and she comes across as someone who is actually... powerful. Like someone who wouldn't just get kidnapped and had to be rescued. If you look at her debut game, a case could be made that she is pretty much a goddess, or at least some sort of deity that oversees the creation of new galaxies. That's something that hasn't really been explored in the Mario series, and bears a lot of potential. So I think it is logical that SSB would be interested in exploring that character, and fleshing out her abilities a bit more.

As for Bowser Jr./the Koopalings. It's probably just that Sakurai came up with a fun moveset for the Koopa Clown Car and then he put those guys in it. Plus in regards to the Koopalings, nowadays you can hardly look at the Mario series anymore without tripping over at least one of those little buggers, so might as well shovel them into the game too.

Anyway, it would be great if it was easier to mod these game, and if Nintendo wasn't so strictly opposed to the idea of community-made mods. Then people could just mod their own rosters in, including Daisy if you want to.

It's even more sad when you want to modify fighter attributes and movesets, and yet you can't use those things online without a ban risk.

It's extremely difficult to use mods online anyway. You can get Wi-Fi desyncs because your files don't match the other guy's files. Of course, if all you make are model imports or texture hacks or music mods, you don't have to worry about Wi-Fi desyncs, but many of the best mods out there modify bones, animations, and movesets, and you simply can't use those online.

Nintendo doesn't use custom fan-made servers for this, unlike other online games, which also perpetrates the problems of running mods in an online environment. You just simply can't run custom things without custom servers, period.

I'd say it's a silver lining to not use mods online. Assholes can easily mod the data for fighters to cheat, and Wi-Fi desyncs prevent that from happening.

i don't see many ''uniquess'' in Daisy's abilities though.

I mean at least they could do something interesting and unique with Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Rosalina is known for her powers , always floating and being able to manipulate things at will with and without her wand and without hands.

There's also the whole Luma thing that easily made her had a gimmick.

Add to it that Rosalina is very popular and was always interesting since the beggining.

She clearly was one of the better choices from Mario to have the potential to be a fighter , and we can see that it worked.

Same with Bowser Jr. They took the clown car , something that he uses frequently to make something interesting with him and it worked.

Daisy realistically speaking , relies on abilities based on Peach's .

Peach gets the Heart ball in the Baseball games , meanwhile Daisy gets the same just with Flowers instead of Hearts for example.

In World Tour, when Peach Wins she spins and gets her long dress back. Guess who does the exact same thing...

There's nothing very unique about the whole flower thing as besides being similar to Peach's hearts , Daisy cannot do anything at all besides that

Unlike Peach , who can Float at will for example.

I don't see much uniqueness in Daisy whatsoever besides her face and her voice. Pretty much everything else she had is either a variation of Peach or something completely forgotten that has never been referenced again , like her Crystal abilities in Strikers Charged.

Daisy was not the best choice to add in Smash based on all of this , no matter how many times she has been playable or how many times she has appeared.

By that Logic then Toad should also get in , and Koopa Troopa and many others that have existed even before Daisy did.

Yapyap said:
Anyway, it would be great if it was easier to mod these games, and if Nintendo wasn't so strictly opposed to the idea of community-made mods. Then people could just mod their own rosters in, including Daisy if you want to.
ikr? You can even create an entire moveset from scratch with Daisy, provided you conform with game restrictions (Brawl has quite a few of these such as a limited .brsar that limits how big your voice clips can get, Daisy can't be one-slotted if you do voice replacements though you can modify the roster to include her as Project M did with Mewtwo and Roy and Brawl- with Pichu), but it's still possible within Brawl's restrictions. Of course, this requires a ton of effort and talent to pull off, such as being a good modeler, texture artist, animator, and you are good at setting up hitboxes and knockback angles and stuff, but in the end, you have to work for your passions. It'll give you recognition in the modding community if you can achieve that, and you get personal satisfaction to boot.

On another note, the modding can also alleviate licensing problems with adding music (Nintendo has this problem when handling Final Fantasy) by putting the fans in charge. And you can skyrocket the popularity of the game if you have a robust modding community. Many, many more people would play your games just for the mods, as I myself am still playing Brawl just because of mods, and it's the reason I play Gmod and Left 4 Dead 2. It's why I get more excited about the prospect of modding my game over a new character reveal, to be honest. Insane customization (with a bit effort from your part to be fair) over one new character most of you won't main, I'd take the former.

Honestly i don't get the mod thing considering that Smash bros. has a community big enough and dedicated enough to make mods happen and evolve into something great in a relatively short amount of time.

Can you say the same for Mario Party or any of the other Mario games with big rosters? I think not.

The term ''Mario Tennis mod'' is non-existent as an example.

The amount of people that actually care enough to make modifications in such games is abysmal compared to the Smash community , and even the Mario Kart community (though the MK8 community is non-existent compared to the one dedicated to Mario Kart Wii).

memoryman3 said:
Anser said:

Wow, assumptions ahoy! I would like to see your work permits for Nintendo! When Daisy gets in Smash Switch, I will look back at all this hate and doubt and laugh as I conquer tournaments with her!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH ok. I will make sure I come back here just to see you pout over something that will obviously never happen.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i don't see many ''uniquess'' in Daisy's abilities though.

I mean at least they could do something interesting and unique with Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Rosalina is known for her powers , always floating and being able to manipulate things at will with and without her wand and without hands.

There's also the whole Luma thing that easily made her had a gimmick.

Add to it that Rosalina is very popular and was always interesting since the beggining.

She clearly was one of the better choices from Mario to have the potential to be a fighter , and we can see that it worked.

Same with Bowser Jr. They took the clown car , something that he uses frequently to make something interesting with him and it worked.

Daisy realistically speaking , relies on abilities based on Peach's .

Peach gets the Heart ball in the Baseball games , meanwhile Daisy gets the same just with Flowers instead of Hearts for example.

In World Tour, when Peach Wins she spins and gets her long dress back. Guess who does the exact same thing...

There's nothing very unique about the whole flower thing as besides being similar to Peach's hearts , Daisy cannot do anything at all besides that

Unlike Peach , who can Float at will for example.

I don't see much uniqueness in Daisy whatsoever besides her face and her voice. Pretty much everything else she had is either a variation of Peach or something completely forgotten that has never been referenced again , like her Crystal abilities in Strikers Charged.

Daisy was not the best choice to add in Smash based on all of this , no matter how many times she has been playable or how many times she has appeared.

By that Logic then Toad should also get in , and Koopa Troopa and many others that have existed even before Daisy did.

In Super Sluggers, they changed the Flower Ball properties

This Star Pitch does return in Mario Super Sluggers, but with different effects. If a batter hits the baseball while it is under the effects of this Star Pitch, it'll fly at a very high angle, and usually not go very far, which often makes it possible to get the batter out. It can be countered by Star Swings though. Oddly, the landing cursor is not visible during this Star Pitch, which can give the batter a free base if played in multiplayer.

Also, her Flower Swing has COMPLETELY different gameplay effects. Even in Mario and Sonic, Princess Daisy's special doesn't act like Peach's. She bursts using a daisy as a trampoline at high speed with little control, compared to Peach's controlled float.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Honestly i don't get the mod thing considering that Smash bros. has a community big enough and dedicated enough to make mods happen and evolve into something great in a relatively short amount of time.
To be fair, Smash Bros. is just a huge playerbase. In the meantime, it's important to know that at one point, the Wii's source developer tools were leaked, which I did think led to the rise in popularity of Wii modding (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl afaik) since I looked at it myself and it contained extremely useful tools like a video-to-thp converter and I think a .brstm converter? I think it takes more effort to mod Smash Wii U, but the capabilities of modding that game seems like it's getting slightly closer to Brawl's every day. But anyhow, I do think Mario Kart 8's modding community will develop, as I have been following a BIT of it for a while now, but the community isn't big, so progress is slower.

GalacticPetey said:
Lucario's height is always the one that throws me off the most.

He's so smoll.
Most of you would be around Charizard's height or even tower over it.

I wouldn't because I'm precisely Mario's height.

There's no way in hell King Dedede is that small.

I love that Rosalina is among the tallest characters, and the tallest female overall. It really does justice to her imposing persona.

... Some times I still can't believe she actually made it in the game...

Back