• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Magikrazy said:
They are, but it's also the same team who did Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Kart 8, so I don't get what you're saying here.

I'm pretty sure the Mario Kart Namco team consisted of networking people only. This is probably being developed by a good chunk of the Smash team.

It could be, but I wouldn't know about any of that.

Regardless, I'm not sure how the similarities of the teams would affect Daisy's chances.

Namco likes adding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in their Mario-related games, hell every single game they've developed has either Baby Mario or both of them in some form. They appeared in more billboards in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 than Daisy has. They appeared as playable in both Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers. Hell, Baby Mario is playable for Mario Kart Arcade GP DX before Daisy is. Baby Luigi is also the main character of Mario Super Sluggers because his dialogue is the most amazing in the game.

Daisy doesn't even have this perfect attendance for Namco games.

So...............................

will this mean I finally get Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as playable fighters?????

Probably not because I'm not insane and delusional.

memoryman3 said:
She WILL get in.

No she won't.

This time I'm more concerned about the stages, actually. I find the presence of so many Brawl stages disturbing, to be honest. I hope we get some redone 3DS stages in HD, and maybe a couple new stages, maybe four. The playable characters don't bother me that much since all I wanted, Mewtwo and Rosalina, are both in. If we're getting new characters, Inkling and Ice Climbers are a given.

I know we're getting three Fire Emblem newcomers anyway.

Pink Gold Corrin or it's borin'.

Me, I want ALL stages to be unlocked for Smash 4 with stage hazards available AND there is an option to turn off stage hazards. Why? Because the former works totally fine, no FPS drops (except in Boxing Ring and Palutena's Temple, the temple being available anyhow) and the latter is just a nice thing to have. Nintendo's decision to remove stages for 8-players is totally unfounded and arbitrary, but again, Nintendo loves arbitrary restrictions. I don't think I hate any stage in 8-player Smash to be honest... just don't throw me Spear Pillar because fuck that stage.

I would expect all the Wii U stages, and then a bunch from the 3DS.

3DS stages I'm hopeful for:
Magicant
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Prism Tower
Unova Pokémon League
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Corneria
Mute City

These would be cool to see in HD.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Pink Gold Corrin or it's borin'.

Me, I want ALL stages to be unlocked for Smash 4 with stage hazards available AND there is an option to turn off stage hazards. Why? Because the former works totally fine, no FPS drops (except in Boxing Ring and Palutena's Temple, the temple being available anyhow) and the latter is just a nice thing to have. Nintendo's decision to remove stages for 8-players is totally unfounded and arbitrary, but again, Nintendo loves arbitrary restrictions. I don't think I hate any stage in 8-player Smash to be honest... just don't throw me Spear Pillar because fuck that stage.

The Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple are both a hot mess, though. I only forgive them because I love both of their Omega forms, their music selections included. I like big stages for 8-Player Smash, like Big Battlefield or Temple, but the first two I mentioned are just too much.

... While we're at it, can we just get rid of PAC-LAND? No one likes that ugly ass stage. It's useless.

8-player smash with a buncho Cuccos on lags EVEN ON legal stages.

It makes no sense to restrict 8-player Smash to a select few stages. The only reason I can see is that Classic Mode will be a less of a pain in the ass but come on, the experience hasn't really changed much with 8-player Smash enabled on all stages.

Anser said:
... While we're at it, can we just get rid of PAC-LAND? No one likes that ugly ass stage. It's useless.

It's fun to kill on that eye-searing stage with ear-paining music

The rumor that contains the 2-characters thing does give me more hope they'll have that HD Smash Run thing I mentioned going on since the same rumor said it would combine 3DS and Wii U content.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd gladly pay for it in full if they bring Smash Run in HD with four-player splitscreen (Basically Smash Run working like City Trial's multiplayer) even if they added no additional characters. Cause if there's one thing that brings me back to play the 3DS version it's Smash Run. It's a mode that not everyone would get the chance to play with people in full as not everybody can be expected to have their own 3DSes or a copy of Smash. And playing it all on one big screen would make it all the more convenient.

I know that would be alot of work to make all those HD models for the enemies of Smash Run. But I think it would be worth it to remake it all for the Switch version.

This is what I want more then anything. More characters is cool and all but I think Smash 4 has about run it's course in Character speculation. It should be neat to see whomever is the at least 2 who are added. But the roster is fine as is and I'm not expecting alot out of additional characters. Cause again, characters are harder work then people realize when you put into account things like balance.

PAC-LAND's hilarious on 8-player Smash (I mean, normal version) on my settings, particularly if you're against mostly CPUs, who like to kill themselves a lot. But then, our setting's not for everyone, being 17 minutes, most items are explosives, it's a 4 v. 4 with friendly fire turned on, and you get a -2 penalty for SDing. And there is "noise" being played as music. So how about I keep PAC-LAND while the rest of you enjoy it burning in unused stage hell.

Smash Run Co-op would be amazing, but you don't even need to program that. Just let us change the effing options, such as making the end match always 2 v. 2 (a nice alternative to co-op Smash Run that you so desperately wanted) or always Giant (again, a nice alternative to Special Smash). Heck, even adjust the timer. Remove the Ornes though, it's a flying fart cloud.

Finally, program Stamina mode so characters can make their Star KO noises when they die. It sucked massively when you removed it and kill enjoyment of that mode.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Finally, program Stamina mode so characters can make their Star KO noises when they die. It sucked massively when you removed it and kill enjoyment of that mode.

Stamina mode should just simply use Project M's version of it, it's way more fun and replayble that way.

Baby Luigi said:
Namco likes adding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in their Mario-related games, hell every single game they've developed has either Baby Mario or both of them in some form. They appeared in more billboards in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 than Daisy has. They appeared as playable in both Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers. Hell, Baby Mario is playable for Mario Kart Arcade GP DX before Daisy is. Baby Luigi is also the main character of Mario Super Sluggers because his dialogue is the most amazing in the game.

Daisy doesn't even have this perfect attendance for Namco games.

So...............................

will this mean I finally get Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as playable fighters?????

Probably not because I'm not insane and delusional.

TL:DR My evidence and opinion doesn't match yours and doesn't include Inkling or Ice Climbers so I'm delusional

Smash Bros fans: 2016

HISMWD2.jpg

Seriously, we have a character like Daisy playable in all of these games, so why not Smash? It seems like the natural next step.

so if you ever ride a horse, you're cool enough to get into smash?

well shit, I should buy a horse

memoryman3 said:
oh my gosh, how could i have been so blind all this time?

this is the most compelling argument for putting her in smash bros i have ever seen

i take back everything i have ever said and deeply apologize for not seeing how obvious it was all this time how absolutely certain daisy is to get in

if anyone can make a clear rebuttal against this solid argument, i will dedicate my next video to you.

memoryman3 said:
TL:DR My evidence and opinion doesn't match yours and doesn't include Inkling or Ice Climbers so I'm delusional

I mean, sure you can simplify anyone's stance to make them idiotic so I can do the same thing.

You think Daisy is one of the two characters because she has an amiibo so I'm delusional.

By the way, Baby Luigi is riding a horse in Mario Sports Superstars too. And he should get in because of that fact alone that they focused 1 second of footage entirely on him.

I want that horse as a playable character anyway. Does all the racing work for the lazy asses on top of them.

But then again, I also want the karts from Mario Kart as playable characters.

You all know sarcasm and snark won't work on this guy. He's beyond help.

So let's just put him on the ignore list and let the mods take care of him if he gets persistent.

Okay?

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS Discussionher i

I am mainly saying that Princess Daisy has built a name for herself due to her portrayal as a down-to-earth, active girl in the sports games, and sports games at this point could be considered a signifcant part of Mario's history. Since there is so little content focusing on it in Smash, and Waluigi is an assist trophy, and we already have Peach and Rosalina, it makes logical sense for Daisy to be one of the next characters. Unlike Toad and a few others, Daisy has her own powers (flowers, crystals) on top of it.

It's much easier than you think to not make her share anything with Peach - put her in a sports outfit to allow for multiple costumes, and her amiibo already cements the fact that she is one of the major Mario characters.

And you think Sakurai, the man who would sooner triple the number of Fire Emblem characters from Brawl than add even one new Zelda character, cares even a single iota about any of that? He's never given Daisy the time of day. Fan consideration as a whole means very little to him if he doesn't care to add the character. If that weren't the case, Ridley and King K. Rool would have been in the fourth game for sure. Those fans were more vocal than any fandom. Sakurai didn't care, and ultimately he has the final say.

So go ahead and lament that he won't put Daisy in, cuss him out, call his mother a whore if you want. Just don't pretend he gives a fuck about what you or I or anybody who plays Smash has to say about the roster. He'll add what he believes works.

Hell, it took years of convincing from Shigeru Miyamoto before Sakurai added PAC-MAN to the game. What makes you better than a higher up at the company who publishes his games?

Magikrazy said:
And you think Sakurai, the man who would sooner triple the number of Fire Emblem characters from Brawl than add even one new Zelda character, cares even a single iota about any of that? He's never given Daisy the time of day. Fan consideration as a whole means very little to him if he doesn't care to add the character. If that weren't the case, Ridley and King K. Rool would have been in the fourth game for sure. Those fans were more vocal than any fandom. Sakurai didn't care, and ultimately he has the final say.

So go ahead and lament that he won't put Daisy in, cuss him out, call his mother a whore if you want. Just don't pretend he gives a fuck about what you or I or anybody who plays Smash has to say about the roster. He'll add what he believes works.

Hell, it took years of convincing from Shigeru Miyamoto before Sakurai added PAC-MAN to the game. What makes you better than a higher up at the company who publishes his games?

Daisy doesn't really have the obstacles that these characters do though. Sakurai could not make Ridley work as a fighter, and I don't blame him. He's so lanky and spindly that balancing him would be a nightmare. King K Rool got a Mii costume, and unlike Daisy, he can't even make it into his own series or Mario Kart anymore. Of course he would be low priority.

The Zelda series has very few characters that span games worth mentioning, and it's only recently after Smash 4, that we got new looks at characters such as Impa and Midna/Wolf Link.

Daisy has one thing stopping her and one thing only. And it is the general fanbase. If she had won the Smash Ballot, we would not be having this conversation. Nintendo themselves had no problem placing Daisy with the rest of the main series characters, and Mario still has PLENTY of candidates (I can think of three at least)

If the team wanted Daisy in Smash 4 she probably would have already. They wouldn't save her for the move to the Switch. If there are any additional characters for the switch version of Smash 4 they either need to have been a really popular choice for Smash the team snubbed from both the original roster and DLC, a wanted character that was not feasible because of the 3DS Version's limits, a promotional newcomer that would help sell the game for Switch owners that cross-promotes another Switch game, and/or some big surprise 3rd Party. Which I don't think Daisy applies to any of these.

The closest would be the "snub" one I mentioned. But back when Smash 4 speculation was in full swing Daisy was a more controversial character. Usually garnering more ire then Waluigi did. She wasn't a character most were saying they wouldn't mind her. She wasn't in the Top 10 of most wanted in any large-scale data collecting, and heck I think there was even one really large-scale poll where Daisy didn't even make the Top 100. So she's no big snub that the team would consider rectifying for the Switch version.

Daisy fans have to wait for their next chance in a true Smash 5. And even then without a mainline appearance of any sort by that time, chances will still be as slim as ever.

Northern Verve said:
If the team wanted Daisy in Smash 4 she probably would have already. They wouldn't save her for the move to the Switch. If there are any additional characters for the switch version of Smash 4 they either need to have been a really popular choice for Smash the team snubbed from both the original roster and DLC, a wanted character that was not feasible because of the 3DS Version's limits, a promotional newcomer that would help sell the game for Switch owners that cross-promotes another Switch game, and/or some big surprise 3rd Party. Which I don't think Daisy applies to any of these.

The closest would be the "snub" one I mentioned. But back when Smash 4 speculation was in full swing Daisy was a more controversial character. Usually garnering more ire then Waluigi did. She wasn't a character most were saying they wouldn't mind her. She wasn't in the Top 10 of most wanted in any large-scale data collecting, and heck I think there was even one really large-scale poll where Daisy didn't even make the Top 100. So she's no big snub that the team would consider rectifying for the Switch version.

Daisy fans have to wait for their next chance in a true Smash 5. And even then without a mainline appearance of any sort by that time, chances will still be as slim as ever.

That "large scale poll" was posted on sites like GameFAQS, and invited people to choose if they would like or hate the character on a scale of one to five. I would not put any stock on it. In fact, the Smash community on the internet represents a tiny fraction of the Nintendo community as a whole (I remember the Miiverse communities being flooded with Daisy support posts)

Daisy's support only really started to gain traction at the time of the Smash Ballot, or Rosalina's debut. There are fighting game ports that added a ton of new characters, and Sakurai even commented that characters are the main focus. If Smash Switch is going to be a serious project, then I would expect to see a lot of fan favourites including Daisy!

I think you guys would need to see her in action, in an actual Smash game, before you judge. Maybe then you will see the side of Daisy her fans want people to notice.

Northern Verve said:

"True Smash 5?" All that work put into Smash 4 would be a HUGE undertaking to put in again without some serious cuts. I think Smash 4 is going to be the basis going forward. And I seriously doubt the Switch will get a Smash 4 port and a Smash 5. And what makes her appearances in party games and sports games worth nothing? That's a stupid argument. They are just as valuable, if more so, to Nintendo as all the Metroid games, or Star Fox, or even Pikmin.

Back