Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Time Turner said:
The Pyro Guy said:
I don't like to play Pac-Man, but I main him in Smash.
Isn't the idea to have fun?
Yeah, do what I do: make him a punching bag. Extra points if a blast box murders him.

The Pyro Guy said:
I don't like the game Pac-Man, nor his modern character. But I like him Smash Bros.
Baby Luigi said:
yeah, you're probably hating on a fictional character who probably did absolutely NOTHING wrong; ie she didn't "took" your characters' spot. i doubt shy guy wasn't even CLOSE to be considered to be a playable fighter.
Um, what?

The Pyro Guy said:
The Pyro Guy said:
I don't like the game Pac-Man, nor his modern character. But I like him Smash Bros.
Baby Luigi said:
yeah, you're probably hating on a fictional character who probably did absolutely NOTHING wrong; ie she didn't "took" your characters' spot. i doubt shy guy wasn't even CLOSE to be considered to be a playable fighter.
Um, what?

She's probably referring to your previous post about Bayonetta.

Dr. Mario] [quote author=The Pyro Guy said:
I'm not "salty". It just came to me as a bad surprise.
I think that's what "salty" is intended to mean.

[/quote]

But "salty" seems like an aggressive/ insulting way of saying "annoyed" or "insulted", which are much nicer words to describe people as.

But playing Smash IS an important life decision.

The Pyro Guy said:
Dr. Mario] [quote author=The Pyro Guy said:
I'm not "salty". It just came to me as a bad surprise.
I think that's what "salty" is intended to mean.

But "salty" seems like an aggressive/ insulting way of saying "annoyed" or "insulted", which are much nicer words to describe people as.
[/quote]
I don't know, you seemed to overreact to Bayonetta, that she got in before Shy Guy. Most people would say that expecting Shy Guy is pretty unrealistic.

Bayonetta, on the other hand, comes from a highly well-received game series that was revived to be on the Wii U by Nintendo, and has a huge niche following. It sold pretty decently for a Wii U exclusive niche game as well. Though Bayonetta did raise eyebrows, you can still guess where she was coming from easily.

I know, but that doesn't really justify calling me “Salty”. It just seems like sugar coated insults to me. The reason I didn't like Bayonetta originally was because there are characters way more deserving of a spot whom I expected to be voted higher than Bayonetta, a third party character dwarfed in terms of popularity compared to Sonic, Pac-Man, even Minecraft's Steve. For example, Shovel Knight, a way more popular character with already good relations with Nintendo, has a realizable moveset and would probably be accepted better by the die hard character-specific fans like me. The lack of Bayonetta wouldn't have sparked any noticeable rants. I overreacted, but I didn't expect such a, frankly, hostile response.

In conclusion, this subject has dragged on too much. I'm hyped for Corrin and Cloud, and Bayonetta looks fun so I might get her too if money permits, even if I think she could have been replaced with someone better.

Hint

There's no such thing as a "deserving" character. The word "deserving" is basically a term used for characters people personally want and is used against characters people don't personally want.

Raigh said:
Pi said:
can someone tell me who Wolf is

have you ever played a star fox game or brawl
i played brawl

i didn't understand why wolf was in the game, he felt like a bad OC to me and i had no idea why he was a star fox character and i thought the justification was that he was a star fox character because he was furry

GalacticPetey said:
Not sure if joking, but here you go.

latest

From Star Fox. Main rival to Fox and playable character in Brawl.
okay

Sakurai talks about all the Newcomers talked about in the final direct

GBAToad said:
GalacticPetey said:
pft by 'more info' i doubt they mean the actual results

1.8 mil is actually pretty high but a little lower than i expected tbh

From article linked above said:
Starting in April 2015 and ending in October of the same year, we collected approximately 1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes).
(after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes)

This is probably why it's lower then we'd think

If any of you guys just tried multi-voting by copypasting what you said. They didn't count those. Sorry :P

What I gathered from this:

Sakurai knows adding Corrin may give FE too many reps, but he doesn't care because he values fun and unique play styles over silly things like relevance and # of reps per franchise.

Bayonetta was hard to get through rating boards. lol.

Well it's not completely he doesn't care as he clearly said he personally had a problem with it at first.

Sakurai from Famitsu Article said:
"I personally felt that having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem, but after talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics, I felt certain that I could make them a fun character."

But he definitely wanted the final characters to be diverse and I think he achieved that with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta. The fact Sakurai wanted diversity in these final characters is probably why we didn't get Wolf back, or get someone that even may be the slightest similar to a character already in the game like Dixie in. Sakurai wanted to work on characters that would feel plenty new. You can say both Cloud and Corrin are just more sword fighters but it's clear they're two examples of pretty diverse movesets regardless how anyone feels about sword users. And absolutely no one else fights like Bayonetta will.

Cloud kind of feels a bit like Ike to me personally, but he's mostly unique. He has a projectile (that Ike can actually use in FE9 and FE10), the Limit Breaker gimmick and other unique moves.

One question. How come Bayo is allowed to use guns while Snake in Brawl cannot use firearms (he is allowed to use explosives)?

Is it as long as it's a fictitious weapon rather than being a real weapon?

TheFarmboy said:
One question. How come Bayo is allowed to use guns while Snake in Brawl cannot use firearms (he is allowed to use explosives)?

I don't get it either?

Like, the ray gun and Fox and Falco's blasters looks like a real dang gun anyway and I don't see how firearms and bullets would increase the game's rating yet explosives are somehow a-ok. I hopefully think they changed their minds out of "OMG GUNZ".

TheFarmboy said:

Bayonetta's weapons are pretty far from real in the first place. Yeah, they fire actual bullets and look like guns, but that's about it.

Dr. Mario said:
Bayonetta's weapons are pretty far from real in the first place. Yeah, they fire actual bullets and look like guns, but that's about it.
do you mind clarifying this statement a bit because lol

GBAToad said:
do you mind clarifying this statement a bit because lol

overexaggerated gun, real bullets; i mean really guns you wear on your heels aren't really 'realistic' for the most part

for all we know they could exclusively work on beings with extraordinary powers (aka a brilliant sakurai excuse to keep the game E10+ :P)

Back