Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
As soon as those bullets hit Little Mac, the entire screen is censored.

no one can still explain to me why guns would bump up a rating and not make things kid friendly anymore. what makes guns exactly different from grenades and crap like that?

from what i recall, no m or t-rated games by esrb had "use of realistic firearms" for its rating

I don't think they originally said no guns due to ratings.

I think it was because they figured realistic firearms would be incredibly overpowered due to bullets being pretty fast and invisible compared to the lasers from Blasters and Ray Guns.

Magikrazy said:
I don't think they originally said no guns due to ratings.

I think it was because they figured realistic firearms would be incredibly overpowered due to bullets being pretty fast and invisible compared to the lasers from Blasters and Ray Guns.

Lasers are supposed to travel at the speed of light realistically, though, far faster than bullets. Fox's blasters travel very fast too. I really don't see how bullets would be OP

GBAToad said:
Dr. Mario said:
Bayonetta's weapons are pretty far from real in the first place. Yeah, they fire actual bullets and look like guns, but that's about it.
do you mind clarifying this statement a bit because lol
Paul Heyman said:
GBAToad said:

overexaggerated gun, real bullets; i mean really guns you wear on your heels aren't really 'realistic' for the most part

for all we know they could exclusively work on beings with extraordinary powers (aka a brilliant sakurai excuse to keep the game E10+ :P)
Pretty much this. Look at the gun's design. Very colorful and flamboyant, doesn't look like a normal gun, and I even think the Ray Gun from Smash 64, Meele, and Barlw look more like a real gun. And Gutseh man is spot on on how she actually wields them too. Finally, I'm not sure why Sakurai would think real guns are bad, especially when bullets don't even punch holes in a freaking pink marshmallow, much less impact and flinch it.

Dr. Mario said:
GBAToad said:
Dr. Mario said:
Bayonetta's weapons are pretty far from real in the first place. Yeah, they fire actual bullets and look like guns, but that's about it.
Paul Heyman said:
GBAToad said:

overexaggerated gun, real bullets; i mean really guns you wear on your heels aren't really 'realistic' for the most part

for all we know they could exclusively work on beings with extraordinary powers (aka a brilliant sakurai excuse to keep the game E10+ :P)
Pretty much this. Look at the gun's design. Very colorful and flamboyant, doesn't look like a normal gun, and I even think the Ray Gun from Smash 64, Meele, and Barlw look more like a real gun. And Gutseh man is spot on on how she actually wields them too. Finally, I'm not sure why Sakurai would think real guns are bad, especially when bullets don't even punch holes in a freaking pink marshmallow, much less impact and flinch it.

plus nothing in bayonetta, and i mean nothing, is realistic in that series at all.

Just gonna pop this here because I need to say something but Japan players make competitive sm4sh look so sick. Genesis 3 doubles grand finals was so awesome. Cloud is a beast in doubles, Komorikiri is so good. Ranai is a god, he makes Villager actually fun to watch. The VODs are on twitch showdowngg, it was so good.

Getting closer and closer to Feburary. Corrin and Bayonetta is almost here. Would be awesome if it came as early as next week. Though they could very well make us wait til' the end of the month.

This is a little bit of wishful thinking, but I hope that maybe Sakurai has something free that comes as a bonus. Like maybe more songs for the Midgar stage on the Wii U version for those who have already bought Cloud and/or will buy Cloud in the future. Like maybe Sakurai needed a little more time discussing rights with Square on the Music and/or Nomura was still in the process of making special Smash-only remixes. It really is jarring to have one stage, especially from a game and/or series that has many a familiarity amongst the ranks of legendary video game music be represented with only two songs. I'm not even a big Final Fantasy guy, but the stage just feels incomplete without the choice to even have One Winged Angel to be Smashing to.

I won't be too upset if that doesn't happen as I know it's pretty unlikely given Sakurai gave a final tally thing including Music in that final Smash direct. But hey, at least it's not wishful thinking of the level of hoping for suddenly for Sakurai to change his mind and announce another character.

Northern Verve said:
It really is jarring to have one stage, especially from a game and/or series that has many a familiarity amongst the ranks of legendary video game music be represented with only two songs.
More songs would just jack up the price of the DLC, I'm betting.

Striker Mario said:
Northern Verve said:
It really is jarring to have one stage, especially from a game and/or series that has many a familiarity amongst the ranks of legendary video game music be represented with only two songs.
More songs would just jack up the price of the DLC, I'm betting.

I don't know about that. It looks like Bayonetta's stage comes with a decent amount of songs (Even one from a Sega franchise that isn't Sonic or Bayonetta) yet it isn't more expensive then either Ryu or Cloud's.

I thought he was a dollar more because he's a newcomer rather than a veteran so it probably required a bit more work than just remake what already existed in a past game. It wouldn't make sense to have his 3ds price go up since the songs are for a stage that isn't on 3ds (also the whole 2 songs per stage thingy).

Maybe I'm wrong though.

GalacticPetey said:
Isn't Corrin a dollar more because he comes with two songs?

They add both the original version of the Fire Emblem Fates theme and a Remixed vesion to both of the Wii U Fire Emblem stage and that's it.

But Ryu came with a few Street Fighter songs. Well technically it's just two songs again but with the originals and remixes. But you'd think it still counts as more then two. Yet again Ryu isn't any more expensive then Cloud's who has only two songs nor from Bayonetta which has plenty of Bayonetta songs (And a remix from After Burner that was used in a Bayonetta game) come with it. It's clear from that the songs aren't that heavy of a lifting on the price. Corrin in fact seems to be the only exception on that.

For comparison:

Ryu + Suzaku Castle = 6 Songs (Ryu Stage, Ken Stage, Ryu Stage Type A, Ken Stage Type A, Ryu Stage Type B, Ken Stage Type B)
Price: $6 (One version) $7 (Both versions)

Cloud + Midgar = 2 Songs (Let the Battles Begin!, Fight On!)

Corrin (Wii U version anyway) = 2 Songs (Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Original), Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Remix))
Price: $5 (One version) $6 (Both versions)

Bayonetta + Clock Tower = 11 Songs (Let's Hit the Climax, Mysterious Destiny (Instrumental), Tomorrow is Mine (Instrumental), One of a Kind, Riders of the Light, Red & Black, After Burner (Climax Mix), Friendship, Let's Dance Boys!, The Legend of Aesir, Time for the Climax!)

I think it has more to do with the people they talk to about the music. Apparently the Music composer for Fire Emblem really needs the extra money. Though it's also possible Corrin is slightly more expensive then Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in that he/she's an outright newcomer instead of a veteran. And they just had difficulty talking with Square about Music while having no trouble at all with Platinum Games and/or Sega about Bayonetta music.

Northern Verve said:
GalacticPetey said:
Isn't Corrin a dollar more because he comes with two songs?

They add both the original version of the Fire Emblem Fates theme and a Remixed vesion to both of the Wii U Fire Emblem stage and that's it.

But Ryu came with a few Street Fighter songs. Well technically it's just two songs again but with the originals and remixes. But you'd think it still counts as more then two. Yet again Ryu isn't any more expensive then Cloud's who has only two songs nor from Bayonetta which has plenty of Bayonetta songs (And a remix from After Burner that was used in a Bayonetta game) come with it. It's clear from that the songs aren't that heavy of a lifting on the price. Corrin in fact seems to be the only exception on that.

For comparison:

Ryu + Suzaku Castle = 6 Songs (Ryu Stage, Ken Stage, Ryu Stage Type A, Ken Stage Type A, Ryu Stage Type B, Ken Stage Type B)

Cloud + Midgar = 2 Songs (Let the Battles Begin!, Fight On!)

Corrin (Wii U version anyway) = 2 Songs (Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Original), Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Remix))
Price: $5 (One version) $6 (Both versions)

Bayonetta + Clock Tower = 11 Songs (Let's Hit the Climax, Mysterious Destiny (Instrumental), Tomorrow is Mine (Instrumental), One of a Kind, Riders of the Light, Red & Black, After Burner (Climax Mix), Friendship, Let's Dance Boys!, The Legend of Aesir, Time for the Climax!)

I think it has more to do with the people they talk to about the music. Apparently the Music composer for Fire Emblem really needs the extra money. Though it's also possible Corrin is slightly more expensive then Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in that he/she's an outright newcomer instead of a veteran. And they just had difficulty talking with Square about Music while having no trouble at all with Platinum Games and/or Sega about Bayonetta music.
No, I'm pretty sure it has to do with licensing. Square Enix is likely more demanding for the licensing than Capcom. As for Bayonetta music, I'm just assuming, Nintendo did have some control over Bayonetta 2 and was its publisher, so I suppose licensing wasn't that much of a problem? But I'm saying, you should probably appreciate the pricing and the relative lack of music, both original and cover versions, because if we had an extensive list, it would be more expensive. Also, that hackers have found a way to include more music to the game (and some of you modded Brawl before), so that compensates, right?

Well I'll be excited if they ever make it so you can put your own music without risk of bricking (I've heard Wii U's can brick if they detect suspicious activity and I would rather not have that happen) as that would definitely be awesome.

Northern Verve said:
Well I'll be excited if they ever make it so you can put your own music without risk of bricking (I've heard Wii U's can brick if they detect suspicious activity and I would rather not have that happen) as that would definitely be awesome.

This game is an upgrade to Brawl's system. Hackers had said that you can actually add music to the game, you don't have to replace existing tracks.

And I dunno, Wii U's bricking from seeing suspicious activity sounds a bit dumb. When you're hacking, all you're doing is changing numbers around, that's it. You'd probably only brick it if you damage its system coding beyond repair or something. Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, and Smash For Wii U have been hacked lately, so I think it's a bit strange for other sources to claim that.

Northern Verve said:
The only downside and risk that I know so far is that you have to be operating on an older version of the Wii U for the kernel exploit to work, and I think your Wii U should not be connected to the Internet, at least when you're attempting the kernel exploit. If you're really interested in modding your Wii U, I suggest refraining from updating your Wii U and then find the appropriate modding sites and wait until the Wii U update is released (but don't actually download it) so the hackers release their exploits; there are private and personal kernel exploits for the current version of the Wii U, but hackers are keeping it safe just in case an update attempts to remove those exploits.

Yeah, firmware could really bleep up your Wii U if you had modded it. Unfortunately, the only times hacks will work is during an earlier menu version and I doubt anyone here has an earlier Wii U version.

Pretty sure that's what Verve was referring to. Hacking your Wii U while your Wii U is at an inappropriate firmwave version isn't a good thing.

Northern Verve said:
I'd definitely love that, I could play on those tourney legal stages with much more fitting music (especially Smashville, I like playing there but the music usually doesn't scream exciting to me).

Seriously I'm still mad they put in "Try, Try Again" from M&L Dream Team and not its Boss Theme or Final Battle Theme (the former would fit well on Smashville, the latter on Final Destination, Mario Galaxy, or even Wily Castle lol)

Also being able to modify sound clips would be nice as well, I'd love to change Fox's voice clips to his Japanese ones. Along with some of the victory themes.

We'd probably have to wait until Nintendo stops updating the Wii U. Which contrary to what some people may think I don't think is happening anytime soon even if Nintendo starts to go full throttle towards the NX when it's revealed.

Having my Wii U not connect to the internet in order to use the hacks is not an option because there are things on the Wii U I want to do sometimes like play Online Smash sometimes and play custom Mario Maker stages (I don't want to be restricted to just the 10-Mario Challenge thing being that's the only thing that you can play aside from creating (Though you couldn't upload) courses)

I'm not that desperate for it, I'll live. I'm just saying how it's such a shame they couldn't of gotten more Final Fantasy music in there as that was certainly something I was excited for when Cloud was revealed.

Timmy said:
I'd definitely love that, I could play on those tourney legal stages with much more fitting music (especially Smashville, I like playing there but the music usually doesn't scream exciting to me).

I think Go KK Rider is pretty exciting.

If anybody is interested in watching Bayonetta and Corrin, I'm pretty sure they're being played right now

jtails is streaming on twitch

god damn that f smash has hella range

witch time op

well that was over quick, don't know if the vod will stay on his channel or not buy you'll probably be able to see it on youtube somewhere. Witch Time at decently high percents is a free kill since Bayonetta's up smash hits really hard. Corrin has actually fucking ridiculous range on the forward smash, doesn't look like they have good killing options though. The Clock Tower stage is basically FD with the occasional platform floating by. High ceiling.

Also he said they're going to be released February 4th apparently, twitch chat might be fucking with us.

Also the finals match of the niconico tournament is happening now that the dlc character exhibition is over. ZSS (Nairo) vs Meta Knight (Abadango)

Back