Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
From what I could gather, a lot of people were just happy that Geno's existence was acknowledged.

If something like this had happened during the Brawl days, there would be much more salt. The Geno fanbase has died down a lot.

I never understood why he had such a loyal following. He's one off partner from a Mario RPG. He's the equivalent of Goombella or Tippi. He's not that deserving of a spot in Smash.

idk man i got into supporting geno back then as well, and the main reason was basically that it appeared as if he was intended to be in the game and cut (remains of a "geno's woods" music being in the game's files etc.).

But basically after a while it just became a "we need a mario rpg rep" thing and out of those the most viable choices were still geno and paper mario (everyone else from paper mario would make no sense because if theres a rep from that its gotta be paper mario himself), and maybe fawful for the m&l series.

then it just turned into "please anyone acknowledge that this game/character exists".

and then it became a running gag.

GalacticPetey said:
If something like this had happened during the Brawl days, there would be much more salt. The Geno fanbase has died down a lot.

I never understood why he had such a loyal following. He's one off partner from a Mario RPG. He's the equivalent of Goombella or Tippi. He's not that deserving of a spot in Smash.

well you know how crazy the one-off fans could get

it's lead to the banning of a member here, even

Me, I was like, "The Miis claim Geno as their next skinning victim". And I laughed a bit too. And I don't like Geno at all.

Dr. Mario said:
Me, I was like, "The Miis claim Geno as their next skinning victim". And I laughed a bit too. And I don't like Geno at all.
Is Geno to you like Bayonetta to me? As in would you tear up 100 SMRPGs if Geno got in?

I mean, I'm not tearing up 100 copies of FE14 because Corrin got in and Waddle Dee didn't. I don't see why they would even let you buy that many copies of the same game.

This reminds me of the person who ordered like 100 Rosalina amiibos so her fans couldn't get them. (it's not like anyone could really get her anyway)

Raigh said:
Probably just salty she got in over his favourite character.

he also probably never played bayonetta

GalacticPetey said:
My favorite character didn't get in either but Bayonetta looks like a blast to play.
Basically me.
Hosnowka Kosaka said:
I mean, I'm not tearing up 100 copies of FE14 because Corrin got in and Waddle Dee didn't. I don't see why they would even let you buy that many copies of the same game.
I meant this image;
Zzm7tRd.png

I didn't actually buy or break 100 Bayonettas (they don't deserve that much attention, heehee), it was only a joke.
Raigh said:
Probably just salty she got in over his favourite character.
Everyone has their favourite character; not everyone's going to be happy.

I've also seen gameplay of Bayonetta, and it looks good, just overall it's not for me. To sum up, this quote here;
The Pyro Guy said:
Bayonetta's like my pet hate, but I appreciate the work Nintendo've put into her at such small notice.
I'm not "salty". It just came to me as a bad surprise.

wait you're hating bayonetta, but now you say she looks like a blast to play?

make up your mind son

I don't like to play Pac-Man, but I main him in Smash.

I don't like the game Pac-Man, nor his modern character. But I like him Smash Bros.

yeah, you're probably hating on a fictional character who probably did absolutely NOTHING wrong; ie she didn't "took" your characters' spot. i doubt shy guy wasn't even CLOSE to be considered to be a playable fighter.

The Pyro Guy said:
Dr. Mario said:
Is Geno to you like Bayonetta to me? As in would you tear up 100 SMRPGs if Geno got in?
I wouldn't tear up 100 copies because that would mean purchasing them in the first place and therefore supporting their miserable choice for a character.

Hating Geno is considered cool in a lot of gaming circles though.

The Pyro Guy said:
I'm not "salty". It just came to me as a bad surprise.
I think that's what "salty" is intended to mean.

Back