• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:

Shantae's the only indie-esque character I'd accept into Smash (Shantae, unlike Shovel Knight has decently long history on Nintendo debuting back in the Game Boy Color days). So I wouldn't mind this.

It could really just be nothing but you just have to think what are the odds that this happens at this timing. I'm sure Shantae supporters right now are cautiously optimistic right now.

I know I voted for Inklings.

Inklings, Chorus Kids, Isaac are my wants, but I somehow don't think we're only going to see 3 more characters. If there were two more slots then they'd go to Wolf and K. Rool for me

Realistically though, I'm expecting K. Rool, Wolf, and Inklings, and I'd be totally ok if they were the final DLC characters we received.

the three dlc slots say mario so expect metal mario, cosmic mario, and tanooki mario

jk i know they're just place-holder text strings

It made Diddy impervious to grabs after he gets shield-stabbed. Something like that. Pretty damn major glitch that would've made Diddy broken.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244711-nintendo-online-maintenance-wii-u-3ds-wii-ds-all-going-offline

could it be time?

wow even the dsi and wii servers are going off too

something big is coming

THIS KONG HAS

wait damn it i'm not supposed to lankypost for a few hours

also i'm not really going to get hyped for anything until a direct is confirmed

yeah; I'll wait until a Direct or something before they announce it.

And I think it's way too soon for them to have characters ready, unless they have a new character that was worked on before the poll was finished.

not really sure why you guys seem to think this is indicative of smash dlc... the wii shop channel and dsi channel wouldnt be affected by that
if this is something beyond just server maintenance and w/e, the only thing i can think of that makes sense is that they might be getting ready for their new shared account system/rewards program thing. that was supposed to come this year iirc and considering that the downtime list has updated now to have "using nnids" as being down, it wouldnt surprise me too much if it was something related to that

Well with news still being in about a drought. I thought I'd share some of my predictions and/or thoughts on what's to come in remaining Character DLC.

First of which there will be at least three. Coming of that data mining where there were two empty slots that have now become three, that must be an indicator of something. However, I do think there is the possibility a fourth out of nowhere comes too. But I imagine this fourth may be a more relatively easy character to make. AKA at least a Semi-Clone.

One of the characters will be a veteran. And I'm positive it'll probably be Wolf. The remaining veterans just unfortunately have doubts about them. The only way I see Ice Climbers coming back is they make it a solo Ice Climber with Popo and Nana as alts. Pichu's a no because we already got Mewtwo in terms of Pokemon and Pichu was always a joke character even in Sakurai's eyes. Snake unfortunately can't make it due to difficulties with Konami though I'd like to be wrong. And Ivysaur and Squirtle for similar reasons to Pichu except for the joke character thing. Wolf even has Star Fox Zero to be a promotion for.

Another will be a 1st Party, though it's a complete toss-up to who it could be. I think K. Rool and Inklings are among the top possibilities. But who knows, a dark horse might arise here instead.

And lastly there will probably be one 3rd Party as there had to be a reason Nintendo didn't restrict it to 1st Party characters. 3rd Party characters generate the most hype, so generally I think they'd leave room for one more 3rd Party to join in before Character DLC has finished up. It's also a bit of a toss-up here. But my guess would be Rayman, who already appears in the game in some form (As a trophy) and the Rayman "leak" that disappointed many wasn't too long before the Ballot started.

If there's a fourth character meant to be easy to make but still supported through the ballot. I'd say it'd be Dixie, they could easily just differentiate Diddy's moveset a little to make Dixie her own seperate character. Though I may just want a fourth character just to make the final character roster an even 60 rather then leaving it at 59. It's not a big deal if they don't as I was fine having Brawl with 39 instead of an even 40 but you get the idea.

These are my realistic thoughts on possible DLC (If I was going even slightly by dream and/or pure want then Tails would be among those 4. But I don't think Tails is coming as DLC in Smash 4. I think a newcomer in Smash 5 is Tails best bet), If you want you can say your own predictions as well.

I think that if they were to add DK characters, they would only add one. I mean, Dixie and K. Rool seem frontrunners, but I have high doubts that they would add both of them. Most likely they would just one of them and Inklings for first party, following your speculations.

Back