• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
So...exactly why does this lower his chances? Is it possible that the costume could be a teaser?
Baby Luigi said:
So...exactly why does this lower his chances? Is it possible that the costume could be a teaser?
It's not as severe as some have made it out to be, but it overall appears at first to do more bad than good. People saw a new trademark for K. Rool in the description of DK: Jungle Climber's VC page, but this shows what it is likely for. It would also make sense for Sakurai to give us K. Rool supporters a "complimentary prize" if he wasn't going to be a full-fledged playable character. However, there is still multiple glimmers of hope from this. For one if shows that they know about K. Rool and see him as relevant enough to give a costume. Also, some people have noticed some things about his costume:

https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f2xm2/differences_between_king_k_rools_trophy_and_mii/

I'm going to hold out hope for him until either he gets in, he gets officially deconfirmed, or it is announced that there will be no DLC before he gets in or is otherwise deconfirmed.

Anyway, I found this. According to it Alph was originally considered as a clone in Smash 4.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/29/plucky-little-guys-olimar-and-alph-in-smash-4/

Exactly, I wouldn't jump to conclusions like how people are reacting to this news. It's entirely possible they make a Mii costume AND make him a playable character, I don't see why making a Mii costume out of King K. Rool would affect his chances in the slightest.

Also....the costumes aren't exactly modded from trophies. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has assets that let them be trophies, hence why they're posed to be like that, but the costumes aren't exactly taken directly from the trophies. Though it is puzzling that the costume exhibits differences from the trophy unlike other costumes...hence why I'm not dismissing a possibility for King K. Rool to be playable.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkUXFYDag

more costumes/youtube function info

-Bear costume
-Flying Man costume (getting this one for sure omg)
-Lloyd (tales) Costume

still more costumes to be announced tomorrow when the update hits

GBAToad said:
-Flying Man costume (getting this one for sure omg)
hnnnng

i would get this (and the chrom costume) but meh i can't be bothered to get the mii costumes. though i will most likely have some money left over after buying peach's castle and hyrule castle.
and that dr. mario stage

kinda interesting how only japan has been receiving daily announcements when the update is being released worldwide

it makes me think, will there be a huge miiverse post that encompasses all of the announcements or will there be something bigger, like a video?

Why does everyone say deconfirm? That's not a real word.

Not sure if this is off-topic, but I only hear this "word" used within the Smash community.

Magikrazy said:
Why does everyone say deconfirm? That's not a real word.

Not sure if this is off-topic, but I only hear this "word" used within the Smash community.

Eh, I know the true word is disconfirm. But I prefer to say deconfirm anyway. It harkens back to when I was heavy in Brawl speculation. Where there was "*Insert character* CONFIRMED/DECONFIRMED" everywhere

Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia would be an amazing character, don't get me wrong. Sigghhh

Lyn said:
Glitchy said:
I'm glad Isaac's chances didn't take a hit with a Mii costume.
ikr

Isaac costume revealed tomorrow

calling it now

(hopefully not)

also Lloyd isn't disconfirmed either but in his case he didn't have that good of a chance to start out with

so the update is out for both wii u and 3ds; takes us up to version 1.1.0

...and so far there's no dr. mario stage on the eshop

so you know... it's either fake, real (but not ready), or it's planned for a later date

wowowowow 35 characters of the roster got changed in some way (he probably typo'd)

https://twitter.com/dantarion/status/626927176751824896

Garnet said:
does anyone have the music list for both stages?
Hyrule Castle has the 64 theme, a new LoZ remix, Hyrule Field from OoT, the overworls theme from ALttP, Termina Field, and one more track I can't remember. Peach's Castle has the 64 theme, a new remix of the Super Mario 64 main theme, the original version of Slide(r), the main theme of Super Mario Bros. 3, and the main theme of Super Mario Bros. 2 (ala Mushroom Kingdom II).

Wow, it seems that a lot of my mains have been buffed in this patch.

Also, they did the unthinkable and buffed Greninja.

Lumastar said:
Garnet said:
does anyone have the music list for both stages?
Hyrule Castle has the 64 theme, a new LoZ remix, Hyrule Field from OoT, the overworls theme from ALttP, Termina Field, and one more track I can't remember. Peach's Castle has the 64 theme, a new remix of the Super Mario 64 main theme, the original version of Slide(r), the main theme of Super Mario Bros. 3, and the main theme of Super Mario Bros. 2 (ala Mushroom Kingdom II).
I wish I had money!

Oh, it looks like the only confirmed change to Roy right now is that his jab is faster. Good.

Pfft, when you enter Tourney mode for the first time and look at the third page of the tutorial, the three tournements open are called "The Salt Mine", "No Items, Fox Only", and "Come at Mii, Bro".

I love how the devs have a sense of humor with this.

Back