Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm gonna be honest. I don't keep up with Smash lingo or any of that. So I'm gonna ask nicely:

DUCK HUNT

Gentleman 4% -> 5%, KBG 130 -> 125, BKB 40 -> 50, size 5.0 units -> 5.8 units, shifted up 1 unit

What does this say in plain-ass English? I feel like I'm trying to read a foreign language.

Yeah, these are weird terms most Smash players wouldn't know unless you're into frame data.

I'm assuming "Gentleman" means your jab combo without the multi-hit duck pecking, as that term is used in Melee to describe Falcon's third jab hit before he starts punching rapidly.

Damage was increased by 1%. This directly increases the knockback, assuming no other variables changed.

KBG = Knockback Growth. You know how a forward smash sends you far at high percents, but a jab doesn't? KBG determines how much knockback scales with damage. It was lowered from 130 to 125, meaning it has less kill potential.

BKB = Base Knockback. Knockback that doesn't scale and will always apply, whether it's 0% or 300%. It was increased from 40 to 50, meaning it will send further at lower percents than it did before.

The hitbox size was increased, making it cover a bigger area.

Shifted up 1 unit means the hitbox covers at a higher elevation, albeit a very small amount.

It seems the intent of the change was to make Duck Hunt's big jab hit before the duck starts pecking easier to land and increase the damage slightly, while changes to KBG and BKB don't mean basically anything besides kind of offsetting the increase of knockback from the damage buff.

Your character is like 0.01% better, congrats

Dr. Mario is still long overdue for a major buff.

Glitchy said:
The new combos Robin can do with his down throw are amazing. Down throw -> Arcthunder -> Nosferatu is really good.
People have already been calling the down throw up air combo Robin can get at fairly high percents the Checkmate.

^hell yesssssss

also can i say that i'm so glad they finally gave wft a grab

How's Hyrule Castle? Is anything changed? How are the tornadoes?

NEXandGBX said:
Glitchy said:
The new combos Robin can do with his down throw are amazing. Down throw -> Arcthunder -> Nosferatu is really good.
People have already been calling the down throw up air combo Robin can get at fairly high percents the Checkmate.
yessssss

idk if the update helped but Zelda is super fun now and it's great, can't wait to try Robin later.

GalacticPetey said:
Mario Party Δ said:
How's Hyrule Castle? Is anything changed? How are the tornadoes?
Annoying. But I dislike stage hazards in general so "eh".
Do they kill at ~100% like they do in the previous game?

Don't mind me, I love them and I like to see them. Nostalgia. :3

I noticed Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, and Ryu are now a fighter bundle worth about $17 called Fighter Bundle #1

I wonder if this means that at the very least means there will be 4 more characters before they say they're done with character DLC. Sakurai did say several which is cited as more then two but not many so another four might be all that's left. Though I'd kinda wish there'd be 5 left so we have an even 60 (52 Regular Characters + 3 Types of Miis + 5 Additional Characters = 60)

Nevermind what I said about coherent buffs, Luigi's changes actually made him even better (Lower forward air damage = less knockback, more aerial move combos). That's just silly.

I think her design is a bit flawed. She cannot approach very well because she's kind of slow, especially in the air, but her moves lack disjoint to space (for Christ's sakes, she has Falcon's rushdown dash attack but it's even weaker) and her projectiles put her into too much lag or telegraphing to really control the neutral. The moves that ARE disjointed are quite weak and very punishable. I think Melee alleviated it a bit because of movement options, but Smash 4 really highlights her sluggishness.

Having completely trash hitboxes this game doesn't help, like GP showed.

Though, it's important to note that ESAM, one of the best Smash 4 players out there, used Samus against Luigi, instead of his go-to Pikachu. While he does main Samus in Melee and probably has an inherited good feel for the character because of it, he still is displaying more faith in Samus against Luigi than Pikachu, a character argued a lot to be one of the best. Since Luigi's fireballs (and therefore approach game) got nerfed a bit last patch, Samus perhaps could still have a niche.

Groden said:
I would much, much rather have every character get significant lag reduction so everyone can compete the way Sheik can.
I'd like this to apply for Charizard and Palutena especially so they don't have to commit to every move that isn't Jab and actually punish dodges.

I wish there was a patch to lower the lenience of dodging so For Glory isn't filled with them rollers. :p
And then apparently Palutena has quicker dodge animations RIP

On a side note I see Fox going down quite a bit since he lost his Double Jab Combo/setups, which was one of the main things he had going for him (also it kept some of his MUs even, like Ness vs. Fox I'd consider 50-50 mainly due to the Jab and Ness HATED that thing, now I'd say it's 60-40 Ness' favor lol).

And apparently my Ness got a buff in the Dair (the hitbox is slightly bigger), but they still haven't fixed his issue as he recovers on the left wall (yet Lucas' recovery on the left wall works fine). >.>

Timmy said:
I wish there was a patch to lower the lenience of dodging so For Glory isn't filled with them rollers. :p
Funny you to mention, according to this, every single character's roll and spotdodge invincibility got nerfed by 1 frame. Not that much, but still something.

Timmy said:
On a side note I see Fox going down quite a bit since he lost his Double Jab Combo/setups, which was one of the main things he had going for him (also it kept some of his MUs even, like Ness vs. Fox I'd consider 50-50 mainly due to the Jab and Ness HATED that thing, now I'd say it's 60-40 Ness' favor lol).
Agree on this, unless we find out the shine buff has enabled shine canceling and waveshining.

GalacticPetey said:
"Everything wrong with Metrod video"

"Balance"
See, I don't like its playstyle. That Smaus happens to be one of my punching bags just makes this video funnier.

Back