Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Japanese tier list. Probably not that indicative, so this will likely change in the future.

S: Diddy Kong
A: (Above) Sheik, Yoshi, zero suit Samus, fighting Mii;
(Middle) Lucario, Sonic, Fox;
(Below) the villagers;
B: (Above) RosaLuma, Wario;
(Bottom) Ness, pit;
C: (Above) Captain Falcon, R.O.B, Pac-Man, Luigi, shooting Mii, Pikachu, Dedede, Greninja;
(Bottom) Duck Hunt, Bowser, Mega Man, Mario, Little Mac, black pit, Peach;
D: (Above) Puff, Meta Knight;
(Middle) Shulk, Toon Link, Bowser Jr .;
(Bottom) Palutena, Robin, Falco, Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby;
E: (Above) Ike, WiiFit trainer, link, Olimar, Zelda;
(Middle) Charizard, Marth, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Lucina, Samus;
(Below) swordsmanship Mii;
If you needed it, courtesy of Google

Man, it hurts to see Marth so down low. He was a solid character in both Melee and Brawl. Now he's just mediocre.

Japanese tier lists don't do much justice when compared to the international tier lists. It will be a while before we see the international version though.

im not surprised to see ness so high to be honest

he certainly is better in 4 then he was in brawl, and especially melee

not sure about 64 though

that moment when five out of six of my favorites are c tier or lower

Smasher Claus said:
that moment when five out of six of my favorites are c tier or lower

i know the feeling

im actually kinda surprised that peach is in c tier

but oh well i suppose, plus this isnt international either so things are bound to change regardless

YES! Mr. T is A Tier!

wait how are miis on the list

i thought they were banned from competitive games

also is this just assuming default custom settings for miis and palutena

GUYS. I DID IT! I FUCKING DID IT! I BEAT KIRBY'S CRAZY APPETITE ON HARD! I'M FINALLY DONE WITH (SOLO) EVENTS.

zlCfzSuMCvY8t3lgtk

A satisfying reward. Turns out the one reward I was missing was the one where you play as Ness and put Villagers in pitfalls. >_>

guys, is all-star mode hard in the wii u version?

because the hard all-star mode in 3ds was a joke honestly. i even had like two heart containers left or so on the last level

I find all-star harder on the Wii U version, because the AI is harder in Wii U, I already explained why.

I have a question for those with the Wii U version.

In Timed Matches, the Special Flag gives you a point if held up long enough.

In Stock Matches, you get an extra stock.

What about Coin Matches?

man all this talk of tiers and shit

i just like to play as characters that i find fun and can play decently with. sometimes i feel like this game can be too competitive. maybe that's a problem in having such a large range of players

fuck diddy kong though

Nabber said:
man all this talk of tiers and *bleep*

i just like to play as characters that i find fun and can play decently with. sometimes i feel like this game can be too competitive. maybe that's a problem in having such a large range of players

*bleep* diddy kong though

Tiers are necessary in competitive play since it's practically impossible to make a balanced game. Tiers are basically an organization of characters pertaining to how well they have done in tourneys and is a result from an analysis of a character compared to others. You can think tiers of a way of organizing data and experiments.

Don't let tiers rule your life though. They really shouldn't influence which characters you enjoy playing as and they are generally moot in less serious play.

Cirdec said:
I find all-star harder on the Wii U version, because the AI is harder in Wii U, I already explained why.

This is evidenced further in All-Star mode, where even on the easy skill level, once you reach stage 6, the CPU's difficulty gets bulked up. Similarly, on the event matches where you can choose your fighter, the CPUs will be set at a harder level, even on easy.

Glaceon said:
I have a question for those with the Wii U version.

In Timed Matches, the Special Flag gives you a point if held up long enough.

In Stock Matches, you get an extra stock.

What about Coin Matches?

Special Flag doesn't appear in Coin Matches.

You know, at first I wasn't liking Smash Tour too much because it was going a little too fast and didn't quite understand what was going on.

But now I feel like the mode's growing on me a little now that I have come to understand the mode a little more (Both through more playthroughs and watching some people that I've watched for their Mario Party videos play a few rounds of Smash Tour on Youtube. The group even said Smash Tour is sort of like what Mario Party 9 should have been like). I still think Smash Run is the better mode (Heck Smash Run does occasionally bring me back to playing the 3DS Version every once in a while), but I've actually gotten used to it and realized it can be fun. Even if course the combination of elements of both Smash Bros. and Mario Party the salt would be everywhere in a four player match with Humans. I've had some frustrating things happen with just CPUs but I usually end up winning the final battle one way or another pretty much all the time.

If people have their favorite characters to play as in the map, the other players can try to counteract that by taking their favorite character or even getting in their way from their best character by fighting them. Though even if they do have one of their favorites, quite a bit of the salt could come to losing their character if they lost a match with them. Especially if said character goes to another player. Besides those there are the checkpoints, and the many items that can help people get characters and checkpoints and/or prevent people from getting characters and checkpoints. There is some degree of strategy in Smash Tour that's been missing in recent Mario Parties and as long as you're good at Smash you can come up on top in most Matchups and/or at least the Final Battle (Where's it's not even decided by who survives down to the last character(/s), but who KOed the most. You can have all your characters KOed by the end of the match, but as long as you KOed the most opponents. You still win!). It can also serve as getting to understand how to use characters you normally don't use and the Final Battle can kinda serve to prove between your friends who has done the best of getting good with the broad sense of the Roster rather then just certain characters.

Oh it's also an easy method to get some in-game cash. I usually get around 1000+ coins per playthrough.

GalacticPetey said:
Some masochist completed every challenge without hammers.

zlCfzSuk1dIny5y3d6

lol I don't even need to complete that challenge I already have that badge if I recall correctly. Also does Ephraim get any kind of mention in this game at all?

Glitchy said:
lol I don't even need to complete that challenge I already have that badge if I recall correctly. Also does Ephraim get any kind of mention in this game at all?

Equipment that you get from challenges have their stats boosts/drops already set, so they'll never change between each user's game data, or at least that's what it was like with Smash 3DS; the Critical Hitter Brawn Badge that you receive for getting 300 KOs in Smash always had +7 attack and -40 defense.

Anyway, it's sad that with all of those challenge images, only two of them have Rosalina present. Some characters just get way too much time in the spotlight.

Sooooo there's a new remix of Ashley's Song exclusive to the Japanese Wii U version.

why have you forsaken me noa localisation team

Back