• Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Turboo said:
xZmFchk.jpg

0VHKKIN.jpg

game is dead, sell your wii u and move out of the country
...so, where do I pay to unlock the rest of the good stages? :bowser:

No HD Magicant or even Fourside; Gamer and no Warioware Inc; they thought including Pac-Land in the Wii U version instead of Pac-Maze, the stage based off of the game which Pac-Man is most famous for, was a good idea; Bridge of Eldin and no Pirate Ship, despite HDWW and the inclusion of Toon Link; GCO and Halberd, but no Green Greens; Kongo Jungle 64 out of nowhere and no other classic stages that WEREN'T from Brawl; two Wuhu Island themed stages; touring platform levels everywhere

There are 74 stages across both games and they couldn't get either of the selections right.

My only complaint is no Paper Mario on the wii u version, it should've been on the console version since 3/4 of its games are on consoles. Then it could've been completely based on the good games and not dominantly based on the bad one.

Other than that I have no issues with the stage selection. Some of em look a tad annoying, like the DK stage with two planes and the Kirby stage with the lava.

Also, if Classic Mode forces 8-player smash I won't do Classic Mode. From videos I've seen it's far too hectic and I can't even see the player. I hope you can choose to keep it 4 players.

Now I really do hope this game gets DLC like Mario Kart 8 did.

But then again at half of the fanbase is only ever going to play on neutral stages anyway.

In all seriousness though while I feel the overall stage selection is far from perfect at least there are a handful stages that are really good, damn good actually. Quality over quantity I say.

Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Skyloft
Port Town Aero Dive
Halberd
Orbital Gate Assault
Town & City (sort of)
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island

Remember when this was something that only Mute City had?

disappointed that there's no new mother or f-zero stage on the wii u version or at least magicant and mute city, was really hoping that every franchise would get a new stage in this one

also think that pokemon should get more than two stages given that it's the second largest franchise, and i was hoping for a new wind waker stage or at least the return of pirate ship

overall though the stage selection is good

Thanks for putting everything in spoilers, guys :) Keep at it.

I came back to this thread momentarily because I need to ask you guys something. I just registered a Smash Bros for 3DS copy (which belongs to my cousin) normally in my Club Nintendo account. When I get my Wii U version, I will register mine in my account too. That's enough to order the soundtrack and Mewtwo, right? I mean, I don't have to go to any specific section to apply for both promotions? I think the account should detect that I registered both versions and offer me to get the promotions.

Also, another question. I will be able to download Mewtwo on both my Wii U version and my cousin's 3DS versions, since those two are linked to my Club Nintendo account, right?

Thanks for your help, guys!

Vaporeon said:
You'll get a code, which you can give to your cousin and you get the other one.

Oh, great! And I won't have to register his 3DSconsole in my account or anything, right? Or login with my Club Nintendo account in his 3DS? The good thing is that he doesn't really care about Mewtwo, it was mostly a favor he did to me because he knows how much I want him (and the soundtrack).

I'm kind of worried about how late I'll get my game... The release date was October 3rd and he got it today; a month and 16 days later. I don't want to miss the soundtrack promotion :( I hope I'll get it before January 13th... Curse living in a third-world country!!!! :mad:

I honestly think that Sakruai took advantage of using a lot of past Brawl stages to fill up the stage selection as was low on time with stage ideas (he and the team also had to make a lot of 3DS stages) and I expect he wanted the number of stages to exceed Brawl's figures. I'm personally fine with that because it's good to see a lot of old favorites return as well people new the series can experience those as well. Although I still find it mildly disappointing to see less new stages than Brawl.

Maki Nishikino said:
Whats the point of playing smash bros after you unlock everything?

idk maybe because people have fun playing it.

i'd like to unlock these things with my twin as we play along. otherwise, if everything is unlocked, the only mode that is worth playing is vs/smash/whatever mode

Ridley Fans aren't going to like this

Sakurai said:
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

Yeah... basically as long as Sakurai is director of Smash. Ridley probably isn't going to be a playable

Northern Verve said:

Sakurai said:
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

Yeah... basically as long as Sakurai is director of Smash. Ridley probably isn't going to be a playable
Ridley is better off as an actual boss anyway. ;P

Northern Verve said:

Sakurai said:

i prefer if ridley was a boss npc really. that would stay closer to his original portrayal than him taunting in a horde of bob-ombs

Baby Luigi said:
Northern Verve said:

Sakurai said:

i prefer if ridley was a boss npc really. that would stay closer to his original portrayal than him taunting in a horde of bob-ombs
At least they brought back Mewtwo!

who i don't really care about?

now if it was ice climbers....

Baby Luigi said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Whats the point of playing smash bros after you unlock everything?

idk maybe because people have fun playing it.

i'd like to unlock these things with my twin as we play along. otherwise, if everything is unlocked, the only mode that is worth playing is vs/smash/whatever mode
Then you start all over again and delete your data and go through the wonderful process once more.

Magikrazy said:
...8-player smash would be hell on the fps

more reason to play 8 player smash then

ernesth100 said:
Then you start all over again and delete your data and go through the wonderful process once more.

no ---ing way i'll do that

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
...8-player smash would be hell on the fps

more reason to play 8 player smash then

ernesth100 said:

no ---ing way i'll do that
Worked to hard to get where you are now eh?

and that means i'll have to do stuff i personally hate again (complete *bleep* with all characters)

so no

Northern Verve said:
“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued

"Which is why Bowser sounds like a Godzilla ripoff, donkey kong and diddy sound like real apes, and dedede sounds like a goddamn hellspawn. *laughs*"

oh, well, im on the #darksamusforsmash5 train now :mario:

Back