Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Shy​ Guy said:
Not BMB said:
I am with GP though; he's a generic enemy. Smash has only had notable reps, so it would be a first to have generic enemies playable.
The Pokémon can technically count as generic enemies if you encounter one in a battle.
How are Pokémon generic? They're also playable characters in all their games.

Meloetta said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Not BMB said:
I am with GP though; he's a generic enemy. Smash has only had notable reps, so it would be a first to have generic enemies playable.
The Pokémon can technically count as generic enemies if you encounter one in a battle.
Most Pokemon are generic but are pit in due to either fans or they actually want them in. Everyone in SSB4 is a fan fav.

Ninelevendo said:
Meloetta said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Not BMB said:
Most Pokemon are generic but are pit in due to either fans or they actually want them in. Everyone in SSB4 is a fan fav.
Even Wii Fit Trainer?

Mariofan169 said:
Ninelevendo said:
Meloetta said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Not BMB said:
Even Wii Fit Trainer?
They as in Nintendo

Lumastar said:
Despite being spin-offs, the Mario RPGs are considered by most people to be very different from both the main series and other spin-offs. They have their own distinct flavor.

Doesn't matter what most people consider. The hard definition of a spin-off means that it deviates greatly from its parent series in some shape or form.

I hope and think we will get a grass starter and it will be Sceptile. I'd be glad about them taking out the Pokemon Trainer with a trio of starters and giving the 3 starters their own slot. To me, Brawls Pokemon Trainer felt like a concept consisting of 3 Characters Classes that should have been kept separate playable characters all shoved down into 1 transforming character. I think that it is quite possible that we may end up with 7 Playable Pokemon too (Sceptile 5th slot, Jigglypuff 6th slot, Mewtwo 7th slot) considering the following information:

We had 6 Pokemon in Brawl!
We were originally going to get 8/9 Pokemon for Brawl making 7 here quite possible consisting of what we got + Mewtwo + Plusle + Minun. It is unknown whether Plusle and Minun would function like the Ice Climbers or Zelda/Sheik.

3D Player 2004 said:
I hope and think we will get a grass starter and it will be Sceptile. I'd be glad about them taking out the Pokemon Trainer with a trio of starters and giving the 3 starters their own slot. To me, Brawls Pokemon Trainer felt like a concept consisting of 3 Characters Classes that should have been kept separate playable characters all shoved down into 1 transforming character. I think that it is quite possible that we may end up with 7 Playable Pokemon too (Sceptile 5th slot, Jigglypuff 6th slot, Mewtwo 7th slot) considering the following information:

We were originally going to get 8/9 Pokemon for Brawl making 7 here quite possible consisting of what we got + Mewtwo + Plusle + Minun. It is unknown whether Plusle and Minun would function like the Ice Climbers or Zelda/Sheik.
Even though I don't like him, that's the most likely.

3D Player 2004 said:

I hope this means that you are going to stop hating on Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

Anyway, if we do get 7 Pokémon reps, then Sceptile will likely happen. However, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority.

There is no evidence of Sakurai wanting a "triangle" at all.

Sakurai cut the trainer because he didn't want characters changing form mid match any more. He didn't want to loose all of the trainer so he brought back Charizard and made him solo because he is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time. Plus, he appeared in X&Y. In addition, Sakurai was saving a spot for a Pokemon from X and Y. GameFreak sent him concept art and Sakurai chose Greninja because he thought it looked cool. Greninja and Charizard were not chosen because they were water and fire types. You also have to remember that the roster was finalized in 2012. At that point, Sceptile was not relevant at all. Also at this point, Pokemon X and Y was still early on in development. I don't think ORAS were planned yet. Even if they were, I doubt Sakurai would've known about them.

But you'll probably ignore these points as you always do.

GalacticPetey said:
There is no evidence of Sakurai wanting a "triangle" at all.

Sakurai cut the trainer because he didn't want characters changing form mid match any more. He didn't want to loose all of the trainer so he brought back Charizard and made him solo because he is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time. Plus, he appeared in X&Y. In addition, Sakurai was saving a spot for a Pokemon from X and Y. GameFreak sent him concept art and Sakurai chose Greninja because he thought it looked cool. Greninja and Charizard were not chosen because they were water and fire types. You also have to remember that the roster was finalized in 2012. At that point, Sceptile was not relevant at all. Also at this point, Pokemon X and Y was still early on in development. I don't think ORAS were planned yet. Even if they were, I doubt Sakurai would've known about them.

But you'll probably ignore these points as you always do.

They were probably planned, just not started yet, at least not that much. However, they probably just knew that they were going to do it and they decided to develop one of the Pokemon for a Smash Bros appearance to promote the new game which they predicted would come out near the same time as Smash Bros. They might have wanted to start development a bit and put it on pause in preparation. When Sakurai decided to add Greninja to promote X/Y, Gamefreak might have started in a small section of early development of Sceptiles mega-form and new design since it was a logical choice which would both complete the triangle and promote OR/AS too because Companies tend to do better when they plan ahead.

I see the words "probably" and "might" a lot in your post, 3D Player.

Speculation doesn't mean jack shit. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. Maybe Sakurai wants to include your made up roster shapes. Maybe he's actually a dog. Maybe you're part of the illuminati. That would explain your obsession with the triangle.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
I just thought of something: What if this is a rotating stage and it cycles through locations from all the Paper Mario games?

EDIT!!!
zlCfzSOqcm4ENc3A8R
SS Flavion from TTYD is part of it!
omg I love this

Magolor said:
If they do decide to use a Paper Mario rep for this game (I do not see it happening in this game), I hope it's not Paper Mario or one of the other three heroes because that would be, in my honest opinion, a disappointment. Unfortunately, the vast majority of all the suitable Paper Mario reps are one-offs and aren't the main character of their respective series. I'd honestly be fine if the Paper Mario series or M&L series never got/get a rep, but get a few Assist Trophies, Trophies, stages, stickers, etc. And this is coming from someone who thinks the M&L games is the best Mario series.
Echoed. PM and M&L really don't need a rep, although stage(s) and assist trophies would certainly make me happy.

Not BMB said:
I don't think DK will get another rep. Yoshi has not had a new rep since the first game, while every other series since the first Smash has had more reps. I mean really, it should get a new rep since basically every other series has gotten one.
I don't get this comparison. You're using the Yoshi series as an example of why DK won't get an additional rep, when DK has already received one. Diddy Kong was a newcomer in Brawl.

Yoshi doesn't have an extra rep because there's really no demand for it. DK does. See how requested King K. Rool is compared to, say, Kamek or any of the baby characters (including Bowser).

3D Player 2004 said:
Companies tend to do better when they plan ahead.

tell that to the genesis (first 16-bit)
and the saturn (first... 5th gen/6th gen console?)
and the dreamcast (first... 6/7th gen console?)

look planning ahead doesn't mean a damn thing; it works every once in a while; splatoon's gameplay was made first, THEN the characters happened

do you have concrete evidence that OR/AS were planne- besides, why would you even need to promote OR/AS when the Wii U version is almost undisputedly coming out AFTER OR/AS releases?!

I'm a bit surprised that no one has posted the potd, since it's really interesting (EDIT - Oh, I didn't realize I clicked on the pic like 3 minutes after it was posted).

zlCfzSPRioIHoRLm3J

Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle.

I think that's N's Castle (it's been awhile since I've played Gen V)

Magolor said:
Anyways, 2/2 hits this week. Really great week so far. Hope they don't fuck it up by putting something painfully underwhelming. I hope it's a week of all new stuff. Wednesday is a new item,

Galaga aliens, technically.

Magolor said:
Thursday new Pokeball Pokemon

It's a new Pokemon(s), so this is close enough as well. Also new stage. I'm surprised they chose something like N's castle though, considering you're only it for like 5 minutes to kick Ghetsis's ass, have N reform, and catch one of the legendaries. Then again, I guess there was Spear Pillar, so whatever. I think a Distortion World stage would be amazing, but it's probably too late for that. Maybe in Smash 5 when the Gen IV remakes are announced.

Magolor said:
Friday topped off with a returning fighter.

Let's make it happen. Don't fuck this up, Sakurai. Honestly, if he reveals Ness or Ice Climbers, then Monday's screenshot could be "Pic of the Day. This is a close up of Mario's mustache. Look at how detailed the hairs are!" and I wouldn't even be mad.

Magolor said:
Let's make it happen. Don't *bleep* this up, Sakurai. Honestly, if he reveals Ness or Ice Climbers, then Monday's screenshot could be "Pic of the Day. This is a close up of Mario's mustache. Look at how detailed the hairs are!" and I wouldn't even be mad.
That's 80% of his posts in a nutshell.

A stage from the one (ok, two, but they have the same plot) Pokemon game that bored me to death. Huh.

Back