• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Ninelevendo said:
That's a really boring update. They must be getting rid of the bad ones after the Paper Mario stage hype.
Yeah I stayed up till 3am for this? Meh, was hoping for the other two (or more) Paper Mario sections to be revealed.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Ninelevendo said:
That's a really boring update. They must be getting rid of the bad ones after the Paper Mario stage hype.
Yeah I stayed up till 3am for this? Meh, was hoping for the other two (or more) Paper Mario sections to be revealed.
Wow. He posts em at about 5 in the arvo for me. It's much better than 3. You really should get some sleep. Here! Take this Sleepy Sheep!

So I've been thinking about this.

I feel at least one more Donkey Kong character is inevitable. DK is the 5th best selling Nintendo series. It's only behind Mario, Pokemon, the Wii series, and Zelda. Donkey Kong Coutry also got a revival between Brawl and Smash 4. Not to mention Fire Emblem got four characters, and that is nowhere near as popular or well known as DK. There's also been a suspicious lack of DK stages. There's a lot of speculation they're saving one for a character reveal. So yeah, I think we're definitely gonna get a new DK character. But who?

I feel it's between Dixie and K. Rool. Both have several things going for them. Dixie was recently revived in Tropical Freeze and is female. As we know, there's been a lot more emphasis on female characters this time around. But while I have no doubt she could be unique, she seems like a likely choice for a semi-clone. K. Rool is the main villain and could take over the slow, lumbering powerhouse archetype that Bowser no longer is. Unfortunately, he hasn't been in a major DK game for some time. I want K. Rool more, but Dixie is more likely.

Or we could get both.

So Paper Mario got a stages but Mario Party still hasn't gotten anything at all even though they have waited 2 more years and have much more content to potentially contribute from 11 games instead of 4. The idea of Paper Mario content alone isn't what bothers me. It really bothers me more that it got content over Mario Party which is far more deserving of a stage.

3D Player 2004 said:
So Paper Mario got a stages but Mario Party still hasn't gotten anything at all even though they have waited 2 more years and have much more content to potentially contribute from 11 games instead of 4. The idea of Paper Mario content alone isn't what bothers me. It really bothers me more that it got content over Mario Party which is far more deserving of a stage.
FACEPALM.png

DragonFreak said:
Eh, RPGs >>>>>>>>>>>>> (x infinty)>>> better than spin-offs.
RPG's are spinoffs

I can concept design a Towering Treetop Based Board:

Every 20 Seconds it switches between Day and Night. The Platform is a bridge which can be grabbed by tether recoveries and not passable from underneath. It has a slight downward curve in the middle. In the Final Destination version Night and in all days, the stage has no hazards. In a normal night, Pink Boo comes in from the side of the stage chasing people and damaging them upon touch. Also Spiny Balls fall down on the platform occasionally during that timeframe.

Wow you made an idea for a Mario Party stage.

That totally makes them more deserving than the RPGs.

Guysguysguysguys

Let's talk about Donkey Kong characters instead.

GalacticPetey said:

I feel at least one more Donkey Kong character is inevitable. DK is the 5th best selling Nintendo series. It's only behind Mario, Pokemon, the Wii series, and Zelda. Donkey Kong Coutry also got a revival between Brawl and Smash 4. Not to mention Fire Emblem got four characters, and that is nowhere near as popular or well known as DK. There's also been a suspicious lack of DK stages. There's a lot of speculation they're saving one for a character reveal. So yeah, I think we're definitely gonna get a new DK character. But who?

I feel it's between Dixie and K. Rool. Both have several things going for them. Dixie was recently revived in Tropical Freeze and is female. As we know, there's been a lot more emphasis on female characters this time around. But while I have no doubt she could be unique, she seems like a likely choice for a semi-clone. K. Rool is the main villain and could take over the slow, lumbering powerhouse archetype that Bowser no longer is. Unfortunately, he hasn't been in a major DK game for some time. I want K. Rool more, but Dixie is more likely.

Or we could get both.

Meloetta said:
Wow you made an idea for a Mario Party stage.

That totally makes them more deserving than the RPGs.
There are many more possibilities. I just pointed out one of the many possibilities there are but the possibilities are almost endless.

GalacticPetey said:
11 games that are practically the same.
No they are no practically the same. Each Mario Party has a lot of unique features to it including a whole new set of Boards and Minigames.

It's the same thing with the RPGs. With all the different hubs and locations you need to go to throughout the 4 Paper Mario games, (not to mention all the other RPG series), the possibilities are almost endless. Or at least as "almost endless" as Mario Party.

3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
RPG's are spinoffs
Naw, RPGs are as canon as platformers.

GalacticPetey said:
Guysguysguysguys

Let's talk about Donkey Kong characters instead.
GalacticPetey said:

Or we could get both.
OMG, I really want it, but I don't know if that is happening. I honestly lost faith in pretty any newcomer that I wanted to be added.

A third DK rep would be great.

It's probably going to be Dixie but I want King K. Rool more.

I know that feel. A lot of my newcomer predictions have been off. The only ones I predicted were Mega Man, Little Mac, Miis, Palutena, and Robin (at one point).

Meloetta said:

Why not both? Donkey Kong deserves 4 reps and it would be an awesome thing to have both.

I was just saying if we only get 3, the last will be Dixie.

Four reps is definitely a possibility though.

3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
RPG's are spinoffs

I can concept design a Towering Treetop Based Board:

Every 20 Seconds it switches between Day and Night. The Platform is a bridge which can be grabbed by tether recoveries and not passable from underneath. It has a slight downward curve in the middle. In the Final Destination version Night and in all days, the stage has no hazards. In a normal night, Pink Boo comes in from the side of the stage chasing people and damaging them upon touch. Also Spiny Balls fall down on the platform occasionally during that timeframe.
Despite being spin-offs, the Mario RPGs are considered by most people to be very different from both the main series and other spin-offs. They have their own distinct flavor.

Anyway, why did you choose Towering Treetop out of every other Mario Party board? That is one of the last boards that I would pick to become a stage in Super Smash Bros. Plus, the obstacles you listed would not be enough to make the stage very interesting.

3D Player 2004 said:
Meloetta said:

Why not both? Donkey Kong deserves 4 reps and it would be an awesome thing to have both.
I wish we could have both, but we will probably only get one. I want and expect King K. Rool.

Taking the best of each category:

Platforming 3D: Super Mario 64 DS
Platforming 2D: New Super Mario Bros U
Other Spinoffs: Mario Sports Mix
Tennis: Mario Tennis Open
Golf: Mario Golf: World Tour
Kart: Mario Kart 8
Party: Mario Party 7
RPG: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Yes, the RPG everyone hates is better than the rest, but they all are terrible)
Smash Bros: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Mario Kart 8 > Mario Party 7 > Super Mario 64 DS > Super Smash Bros Brawl > Mario Sports Mix >> New Super Mario Bros U >> Mario Tennis Open > Mario Golf World Tour >> Paper Mario: Sticker Star

3D Player 2004 said:
Taking the best of each category:

Platforming 3D: Super Mario Galaxy
Platforming 2D: New Super Mario Bros U
Other Spinoffs: Mario Sports Mix
Tennis: Mario Tennis Open
Golf: Mario Golf: World Tour
Kart: Mario Kart 8
Party: Mario Party 6
RPG: Paper Mario: TTYD
Smash Bros: Super Smash Bros Melee

TTYD > Super Mario Galaxy > Melee > Kart 8 > Mario Sports Mix >> New Super Mario Bros U >> Mario Tennis Open > Mario Golf World Tour >> Party 6

I've made a version that most people could agree on.

A Frank Clone said:
>saying MP6 is better than MP7

I've said most people, and from what I've heared people tend to like that 1 more.

If it was my personal list MP8 would be #1 just so you know lol

GalacticPetey said:

Or we could get both.

Pit made it in Smash years after his last game, I'd like to think K. Rool has a decent chance.

Back