• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Tauriel said:
tbh I think Rosalina was a dumb addition

*jumps into a bunker*

Hey, I delivered a package of Smart Bombs to you!

btw, I think Toad deserved a rep more than Rosalina. But if you think that, fine. I like Rosalina.

I like Rosalina, and I think she'll work, but I'd prefer someone else over her.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I have seen the footage a couple of times now, and the more I watch it, the more I think Rosalina looks a bit overpowered. Don't get me wrong, I love her addition, she just looks a little op, that's all.

Every trailer covering a Newcomer's going to make them look overpowered. It's supposed to wow potential players.

infinite8 said:
What if there are more newcomers than veterans? Maybe veterans from brawl may not return in favour of newcomers. I guess Zelda may return. No idea for Ganondorf.

More newcomers then veterans? Considering pretty much about at least 30 of them are practically shoe-ins, that's a 60 character roster. Not happening.

Zelda's going to be in no matter what
Ganondorf/Ganon WILL be in this game in some form or incarnation of him.

@Rosalina Discussion

I believe a large part of the reason Rosalina is playable is not only because of her popularity. But the success of both Super Mario Galaxy games were incentives to have a rep. And Rosalina made the most sense to represent it other then giving Mario and Luigi the ability to star spin or something (But I think they're giving the Star Spin to Rosalina?).

Gonna link this again. The Top 50 best selling Wii Games It's probably more important to just pay attention to the Top 10 or 20 though. You have the Wii Sports and Wii Play (Even if the former is kinda cheating considering Wii Sports was packed in with the Wii) as the Top 2 most selling which is reason enough why so many believe Miis are practically inevitable. You have the original Wii Fit (For Wii Fit Trainer) at #3 and Mario Galaxy (For Rosalina) is #7. The others aren't a huge incentive on the roster as it's mainly other Mario games. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Party 8, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 1 (The success of this game however might of helped Sonic return though), Mario Kart Wii, Brawl itself, and some other Mii-centric games)

Tauriel said:
tbh I think Rosalina was a dumb addition

*jumps into a bunker*
You only need to jump into a bunker if you give a bad reason for why you think so. I've heard people say it was a waste of a Mario rep because "Rosalina hasn't paid her dues". Honestly, I think she's an intriguing enough character for her to make up for that... in that she actually has a character. And definite backstory, unlike everyone else.

I don't think Rosalina is the best move for a Mario newcomer because she isn't really representative. She isn't representative simply because she is not here long enough in the biggest video game franchise in the world. She plays a major role in only one game prior to her being playable in Super Mario 3D World. Waluigi meanwhile can represent the Mario spinoffs; Toad (or Toads) is a playable character in most mainstream Mario games since New Super Mario Bros. Wii; Bowser Jr. is Bowser's commonly recurring son that often plays major roles.

Compared to those three, Rosalina feels more random.

Yeah unfortunately it seems for the Mario franchise, recency trumped over actual longtime meaning to the franchise. Toad would of been the choice if Sakurai went for historic or importance, Waluigi would of been the choice if Sakurai wanted to represent the success of the Spin-offs, Bowser Jr would of been it if more Mario villains were wanted, and Paper Mario would of been the choice if the Mario RPGs were wanted to be represented (Sorry to any people who wanted Geno or Fawful, but that's just how it is).

I'm not saying Galaxy representation is bad, it's just it may be deemed a little too recent. But considering SSB4 will focus mainly what made the Wii a success more so then overall history. It may as well make sense from that perspective.

Northern Verve said:
(Sorry to any people who wanted Geno or Fawful, but that's just how it is).

I don't want this thread to turn into yet another arguing session >_>

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
I don't think Rosalina is the best move for a Mario newcomer because she isn't really representative. She isn't representative simply because she is not here long enough in the biggest video game franchise in the world. She plays a major role in only one game prior to her being playable in Super Mario 3D World. Waluigi meanwhile can represent the Mario spinoffs; Toad (or Toads) is a playable character in most mainstream Mario games since New Super Mario Bros. Wii; Bowser Jr. is Bowser's commonly recurring son that often plays major roles.

Compared to those three, Rosalina feels more random.
I don't think she's random; she represents the more recent Mario games, as well as magic-casters in Mario games, as well as one of the few characters in the entire mainstream Mario series to get some characterization and backstory. It's not random at all, at least to me it isn't.

Not that I wouldn't want Toad over her, but that doesn't mean I'm NOT happy to see her.

She represents mostly the first galaxy game, though, and she hasn't done anything very special after that other than, what, get a playable role? I feel like her playability is forced rather than being representative. Peach could cast magic as well, but I think that trait is present only in Super Mario RPG.

I'm happy to see her as well, but I'd rather have Toad more than most Mario newcomers. Toad has nearly no chance, however, especially after I see that picture where Mario, Luigi, and Peach are together, with Peach's holding Toad.

Stupid Sakurai not wanting to change somebody's moveset for the sake of "same-ity".

Xpike said:
Daskarzine said:
Is it just me, or is Rosalina getting way too much attention lately? In the past few months or so she has been announced as playable in SM3DW, MK8, SSB4 and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.
Year of Rosalina.

that's what i've been thinking as well lol

i'm cool with rosalina being added. if it had been toad, bowser jr., or paper mario, then i probably would've been really annoyed that they got in over waluigi, but rosalina is one of my favorite mario characters and her moveset looks unique and fun, so yeah i'm cool with her being added

Baby Luigi said:
Northern Verve said:
(Sorry to any people who wanted Geno or Fawful, but that's just how it is).

I don't want this thread to turn into yet another arguing session >_>
No arguing here, it would be nice but neither of them are deserving for Smash anyway. I've put my hopes in Assist Trophies instead.

I like Rosalina, but she would be even more debatable than SM3DW since she is the newest addition to Mario series, while there are many characters (Toad, Daisy, Birdo, Bowser Jr...) haven't been playable in Smash Bros games. I don't see what Nintendo do. The place where I really wanted to see Rosalina was Olympics.

Dorayaki said:
The place where I really wanted to see Rosalina was Olympics.

Too bad they suck

Mienfoo said:
take it away, miiverse

tumblr_my2ratqFKH1swll5zo3_r1_500.jpg

Miiverse. Ah, the same old Miiverse we knew and love.

Zae said:
Mienfoo said:
take it away, miiverse

seems like miiverse is very negative.

Doesn't sound like negative

Just sounds like ignorance

Mienfoo said:
take it away, miiverse

Ah the classic yet annoying whine of people getting mad about sakurai's picks.
I think that Rosalina is going to be a great character.

On a side note, although nitpicky, is that instead of franchise symbols they could have individual character symbols, but i wouldn't care if they kept it the same.

Back