Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Resetted the poll to include Cloud and the characters coming in Feb.

Meh, now that I think about it, Corrin isn't THAT bad. I still think there are way too many Fire Emblem characters.

EDIT: Kamui is actually kinda cool, because I just realised (s)he is more unique than another sword fighter, because dragon attacks.

for bayonetta's stage music selections, why do i not see fly me to the moon.....?

after rewatching the presentation and actually paying attention to the details about corrin and bayonetta i'm so hyped for both

having corrin's specials and smash attacks partially transform him into his dragon form is pretty neat; that side special is hilarious
bayonetta looks OP as fuck with her moves and the combos they showed off thanks to her witch time special and recovery

GalacticPetey said:
Cloud feels amazing and everyone should play him right now.
you know what's actually amazing
that midgar stage
it's so goodddddddddddddddddd and bloody fun with the summons. best stage they've released next to mario maker
if only there was more music D:

one thing i will say about cloud is that the lack of a visible meter for the limit breaker kinda sucks. the limit breaker sometimes activates right as i'm about to use a special move and as such i unintentionally waste the boost it gives lol

also most of his attacks are incredibly strong and connecting them feels oh so satisfying

Super hyped for Bayonetta. She looks insane.

Meh on Corrin, but his move set looks really interesting. Not my first choice for a DLC fighter (I would have saved him for Smash 5), but I'll buy him anyway. I've already bought every piece of DLC so far.

btw is midgar 8 player smash compatible

and if it is, are summons removed?

^yes and yes

i was about halfway through an 8 player match on midgar when i realised
'huh, no summons :V'

well poo. i guess too much lag, though it would be amusing to kill a bunch of characters at once with your summons

How is this for a rearranged Character Select Screen for the Wii U version? It's missing the Miis because I didn't know what to do with them, it looks like it would without any Miis created in the game.

gzyToRj.jpg

If I hear good things about Kamui after he comes out then I might buy him but these characters are pretty pricey, especially the ones that come with stages I don't want, I thought Roy was a good price for a character but that was just because he was a veteran I guess? Also they covered up Female Kamui's thighs lool that made me laugh when they showed her jumping in. Probably just to avoid rating issues or w/e it was Sakurai talked about in that one translated article about having to censor things.

the direct was alright imo
i thought corrin was kinda dumb because its another fe character but after seeing his/her moveset im more interested. in the end, the number of reps a particular series has usually doesnt matter to me, i just care about whether or not a character is fun
cloud seems alright. i played as him a little and he was ok. not sure yet if he's someone i'd main tho
i was worried at first that the last character was gonna be another kid icarus (which would have sucked, especially considering its the other series apart from fire emblem that sakurai seems to really like) but i was kinda relieved when it turned out that wasnt the case. bayo looks alright, her gameplay seems cool, but idk, she feels a bit like she doesn't fit in as well as everyone else. kind of like smash 4's equivalent of snake.

I played Cloud a bit and he definitely has some potential, but his recovery isn't very good. D-tilt's a good combo starter, especially into u-air or u-tilt at low percents.
I'm perfectly fine with Bayonetta and Corrin. Maybe because I've never played Bayonetta and a lot of the shit to do with her was completely new to me, and I'm actually looking forward to FE14.
I'm just surprised it was Bayonetta who won. I didn't really see much support for her anywhere.

When the Kid Icarus characters were talking at the start of Bayonetta's trailer, I was like of course Sakurai ends up including ANOTHER FUCKING Kid Icarus character. I really wish Wolf were back or Isaac was a newcomer though.

The only other thing that really could have surprised me is Elma or Cross at this point.

Raigh said:
When the Kid Icarus characters were talking at the start of Bayonetta's trailer, I was like of course Sakurai ends up including ANOTHER FUCKING Kid Icarus character. I really wish Wolf were back or Isaac was a newcomer though.
on the subject of isaac,
after cloud's reveal did anyone really expect another blonde, sword-toting jrpg character with hardly as much fame as cloud to be revealed as a dlc character because i honestly didn't

a costume would've been nice tho, he seemed like the perfect fit for that. it makes me think that perhaps he was one of the fighters that they couldn't achieve (i mean, his assist trophy was cut entirely for some reason)??

rip wolf tho

@ bayonetta reveal discussion, my mind went from 'Kid Icarus again oh lol' to 'Medusa, srsly?' (couldn't recognise her voice tbh) to 'BAYONETTA HOLY FUCK' within the space of a few seconds. smash hype is one helluva drug

Yes, Isaac basically had no chance after Cloud's reveal. I wish we got Isaac instead of Cloud though, he would be more unique and Golden Sun deserves a playable character. His series is sort of dead though...

Wolf would be a perfect choice because he's a cut veteran that had a lot of fans, and they could easily use him to advertise Star Fox 0. He should've been in Smash 4 from the start.

Raigh said:
Wolf would be a perfect choice because he's a cut veteran that had a lot of fans, and they could easily use him to advertise Star Fox 0. He should've been in Smash 4 from the start.
part of me is still irrationally hoping that in February they're just like 'oh lol we finished corn dragon and bayonetta a month ago here's Wolf who we managed to make at the last second pls buy' but sakurai's comments clearly indicate that bayonetta is it.

Soooo I've been playing Cloud for much of last night and the morning of today. And I gotta say: I really like him. He might actually be my favorite out of all the DLC characters. Granted there's no way I can try Corrin or Bayonetta until February. But I don't know if I'll use either of those two. They're interesting for sure but I can't say I'll use them very often.

Oh and when the Tails costume comes out I'm using the Mii Gunner alot more. I'm that happy about it :)

Regardless, thank you Sakurai and the SSB4 Dev team for putting all this time and effort into a monumental pair of games.

Raigh said:
Who knows? Sakurai could always be lying about Bayonetta being the final DLC character.
I doubt it. There are no more character slots in the data and the way the direct ended really gave it a sense of finality.

Back