• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
i thought it was a kart racer all this time

btw, smash bros. is more like a party game to me

Pi said:
It's confirmed by Sakurai himself, Super Smash Bros. is a COMPETITIVE ACTION GAME. It's good that we really got this confirmed.
lmao

ok so the site has updated
everything about this artwork is fucking amazing

illust.jpg

I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that, in what I presume is an effort to represent Nintendo games made since Smash 4's initial release, that chose the main character from the latest in a long line of sequels over someone representing their newest IP, which was innovative and widely acclaimed and what was its name again? Sqid Game? I think it was Sqid Game.

Oh I should probably mention just for the record: No problems with Bayonetta, welcome to Smash ma'am.

GBAToad said:
Pi said:
It's confirmed by Sakurai himself, Super Smash Bros. is a COMPETITIVE ACTION GAME. It's good that we really got this confirmed.
lmao

everything about this artwork is *bleep*ing amazing

illust.jpg
I know, right? It's 1 9.9/10. Just needs Mario in there and it would be 10/10.

Pi said:
GBAToad said:
everything about this artwork is *bleep*ing amazing

illust.jpg
I love how the Villager is on the 'dark' side. It's like the creator knew about the community's reaction to the Villager.
Well, in Bayonetta, there are angels and demons. They're both monsters Bayonetta has to kill. So I guess they're both "bad" in a sense.

Again, I kind of want torture moves as different Final Smashes, and they act as danger zones, but the one we have is still nothing short of spectacular.

Pi said:
I love how the Villager is on the 'dark' side. It's like the creator knew about the community's reaction to the Villager.
i love that and
mr. game and watch having a frying pan battle with peach
ryu and mac punching each other
the clock tower's explosion resembling the smash bros. symbol
winged yoshi being an angel
lucina
samus
everything

on that note is rob on the dark side because of the subspace emissary? and for that matter, Mr. G&W?

SiFi said:
I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that, in what I presume is an effort to represent Nintendo games made since Smash 4's initial release, that chose the main character from the latest in a long line of sequels over someone representing their newest IP, which was innovative and widely acclaimed and what was its name again? Sqid Game? I think it was Sqid Game.
i think it was actually called splat tim or something
no way they'd ever put such an obscure character into smash anyway

D:

did anyone else laugh when they showed the female corrin and his sister was like "big brother is now big sister"

also i gues bayonetta is cool but looks 2 strog
rip wolf o7
i dont really play sm4sh nowadays anyway so l o l

Eri Ayase said:
really though why the fuck did we need more fe characters?
didn't you get the memo, smash bros is now Fire Emblem X Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale featuring Cloud from Final Fantasy VII* *now available on Sony™ systems??

i don't mind corrin tbh since it looks like he play very differently from the other fe characters, but yeah extremely unexpected considering that fire emblem has like 5 reps already and fates isn't out until april for europe. did they try to pull a roy again

at least we get that sweet sweet music (even if it isn't the jp version)

Here are patch notes for the newest one if you want to take a look http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes-release-pending.425921/ someone might've posted it already, wasn't paying attention.

Dark Pit electroshock knockback growth buff aw yes more damage too

Cloud got the best buff of all though.

i would have preferred another fe rep over bayonetta

preferably a swordsman, we dont have enough of those

in fact, why doesnt everyone use swords

we could call the next game super sword fucks 5

Bayonetta being in was a pleasant surprise for me, but I would have really preferred Snake or King K. Rool over the extra FE character. Guess it's Japan-bias due to it being a Japanese game? Knowing the non-meme runners-up and the scores would have been really interesting, too.

And yeah, that artwork's amazing, and I actually think it's an interesting deliberate choice that Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby aren't in it (among others). Like, when there's a choice, they avoided the central heroes. My bro also pointed out that the parallels are interesting, like Bowser vs. Mega Man (fire-power?), Yoshi vs. Charizard (flying dragons?), Palutena vs. Ganondorf (lotsa magic?), Pit vs. Meta Knight (wing contrast?), etc. I bet the SSE is totes why ROB and G&W are on the bad side.

Walkazo said:
My bro also pointed out that the parallels are interesting, like Bowser vs. Mega Man (fire-power?), Yoshi vs. Charizard (flying dragons?), Palutena vs. Ganondorf (lotsa magic?), Pit vs. Meta Knight (wing contrast?), etc. I bet the SSE is totes why ROB and G&W are on the bad side.
now that i look a little closer i can also draw parallels between samus and lucina (masked female heroes) and Shulk and ROB (homs (humans) vs. mechon (robots) as it happens in Xenoblade, idk i've been playing too much xenoblade lately)

the only pair that's sorta out of place (but only due to it being formed by the remaining characters) is zelda and villager. absolutely think that villager is on the dark side because memes and zelda is on the light side because duh, but they don't really have a connection that binds them like the other pairs do

such an awesome poster

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/676911876190699520

/dead

This was Kamiya in April this year: https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/583628263240544256

This is Kamiya right now: https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/676896950751469568

I also found a larger version of the Bayonetta poster.

CWTNtvdWEAIYTBF.jpg:large

Pi said:
This was Kamiya in April this year: https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/583628263240544256

This is Kamiya right now: https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/676896950751469568
oh lol i totally forgot about all of kamiya's responses to people asking for bayonetta in smash
this makes her reveal even better

They've used Pit multiple times in the posters, probably more than Kirby and others. I wish they had gone with someone who was never in any of the posters like Ness. Ness vs. Mewtwo would've been great (battle of the psychics/mind).

GBAToad said:
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/676911876190699520

/dead

yes, amazing

Thoughts on stuff:
Corrin is awesome, fuck h8
Bayonetta looks fun to play as, excited to try her out the most of the 3.
lol geno costume
slighty salty about no squids but oh well

Back