Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:

"Balance"

How does that dash attack even miss? And why do Super Missiles not kill even in almost Sudden Death percentages.

I like playing as Samus

even though she's not very good

today i got the best snapshot i think i've ever taken ever

5uh403Q.jpg

I played online and even though I don't have it yet, I played on Hyrule Castle on For Glory. I didn't even know that was possible. The Zelda Medley is really good.

Bought the Dunban, Chrom, Black Knight and Lloyd Mii costumes, although I forgot how to Mii Swordfighter so rip gotta practice again.

Also got all of the other stages; Dream Land, Hyrule Castle, and Peach's Castle. I love all of them.

the k. rool still looks really out of place

GBAToad said:

5uh403Q.jpg
JESUS.

GalacticPetey said:
Someone edited the Mii Fighter costume into an actual K. Rool.

soi4haaj3roalvvzg.jpg
What do you mean "edited"? Modded it?

Lumastar said:
I'm sure he has more expressions than Bowser.
I'm sure has more expressions than Mario.

Threek said:
GBAToad said:

5uh403Q.jpg

time to pick the scales

This time, one will be digging for gold

Or he could just deal with criticism like every other game developer. If people are legitimately upset with how he's been ha doing the series, they have full right to do so. Don't tell people they can't be disappointed.

The Smash community in general is particularly vitriolic, though. It's one thing to provide criticism, but I have seen far too many scathing, derogatory comments towards Sakurai and his vision of the game. It's one thing to be upset, but it's something else entirely to be hateful.

The Smash community is probably the worst Nintendo community out there, bar none. So for Sakurai to lament that some people who criticize him are a bunch of entitled idiots, I don't blame him.

On the other hand, his game is still far from perfect. Sakurai has made some highly questionable design choices, such as changing around the Star KO mechanic, some of the challenges, special move collecting, dumbing down records, etc. His game should be open to criticism as much as any other game, and taking criticism is a healthy part of making sure your game is actually enjoyable and a quality experience.

GalacticPetey said:
Or he could just deal with criticism like every other game developer. If people are legitimately upset with how he's been ha doing the series, they have full right to do so. Don't tell people they can't be disappointed.

Disappointments on thing, and criticisms about how some characters could use buffs/nerfs is another, but can you imagine having to take all the criticisms about trivial decisions because he added this character and not this character, or how there are these stages and not a stage for this, and how some people get so intense about this that they literally are like "well since [name] is not in, I'm not getting this game" or "well since [name] is in, I don't want/care about this game anymore" or "Since [name] is in/not in, this game is going to suck".

I mean, not going to point any fingers here, but even people on here have gone and said "fuck you" about Sakurai just because one character was added/removed, and the community can be very hostile just because they disagree with some decisions that Sakurai made. He gets rep for not making the game competitive in nature and rather focus on quirks to better represent all the franchises it pulls in, and he gets rep for not being better at representing the franchises and people complaining that "well DK doesn't have enough reps" or "why no ridley". He has to make so many tough decisions, coupled with the fact that he's working non-stop against all his injuries trying to make it as best as he possibly can, even adding DLC to help get in whatever he could not finish by the deadline.

It's not saying that no one should criticize his games. But when people are leaking characters, and immediately everyone gets up in flames about it, or even when he does get to reveal the character and people are getting all pissy at him because it's not their goku or K. Rool being added (without even knowing the full roster), that's not criticism, that's just hating because it doesn't match your fan-fiction you made in your head. It's not like a characters addition/removal made the game suddenly terrible just because they took a spot in the roster.

I agree. The Smash fanbase is very hostile. I hear a lot of "OMG FUK U SAKURAI K ROOL DECONFIRMED I HOPE IWATAS GHOST HAUNTS YOU FOREVER"

Lapis Lazuli said:
Disappointments on thing, and criticisms about how some characters could use buffs/nerfs is another, but can you imagine having to take all the criticisms about trivial decisions because he added this character and not this character, or how there are these stages and not a stage for this, and how some people get so intense about this that they literally are like "well since [name] is not in, I'm not getting this game" or "well since [name] is in, I don't want/care about this game anymore" or "Since [name] is in/not in, this game is going to suck".

I mean, not going to point any fingers here, but even people on here have gone and said "*bleep* you" about Sakurai just because one character was added/removed, and the community can be very hostile just because they disagree with some decisions that Sakurai made. He gets rep for not making the game competitive in nature and rather focus on quirks to better represent all the franchises it pulls in, and he gets rep for not being better at representing the franchises and people complaining that "well DK doesn't have enough reps" or "why no ridley". He has to make so many tough decisions, coupled with the fact that he's working non-stop against all his injuries trying to make it as best as he possibly can, even adding DLC to help get in whatever he could not finish by the deadline.

It's not saying that no one should criticize his games. But when people are leaking characters, and immediately everyone gets up in flames about it, or even when he does get to reveal the character and people are getting all pissy at him because it's not their goku or K. Rool being added (without even knowing the full roster), that's not criticism, that's just hating because it doesn't match your fan-fiction you made in your head. It's not like a characters addition/removal made the game suddenly terrible just because they took a spot in the roster.

This is basically how the goddamn internet is, especially the video game sector of it. You should have see how people react to Anita Sarkeesian or Brianna Wu, or any "SJW" out there. It's reprehensible. We all know that. Sakurai does have a right to call out on losers like the people you mention.

At least Sakurai didn't get fucking doxxed over this, thank god.

If I were Sakurai, I'd probably start taking away characters in updates for every 10,000 idiots.

I'd be like, "You guys won't shut up about Ridley, so you don't get Marth anymore".

Back