Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:
dQ43kA2.jpg

Is that real or photo-shopped?

Kart Player 2008 said:
GalacticPetey said:

Is that real or photo-shopped?

Yeah sure, a professional entirely Japanese spoken game developer speaks in perfect English and swears, it's SOOOO real

Maᴙio said:
GalacticPetey said:
On the plus side, look at the Ganondorf buffs!

*Ganondorf's neutral attack appears to have greater range, as well as significantly increased speed.
*Ganondorf's forward tilt has significantly decreased ending lag.
*Ganondorf's up smash has significantly decreased ending lag.
*Ganondorf's neutral aerial is a much faster move overall.
*Ganondorf appears to dash notably faster.
What was his fundamental weakness in Brawl?
Part of his issue was that he was slow. Ungodly slow. That seems to be fixed. His reach was also a problem. His jab seems to at least have better range. One major flaw was the fact that his size made him easy to juggle around. If anything, this Ganondorf looks slightly bigger.

GalacticPetey said:
Maᴙio said:
GalacticPetey said:
On the plus side, look at the Ganondorf buffs!

*Ganondorf's neutral attack appears to have greater range, as well as significantly increased speed.
*Ganondorf's forward tilt has significantly decreased ending lag.
*Ganondorf's up smash has significantly decreased ending lag.
*Ganondorf's neutral aerial is a much faster move overall.
*Ganondorf appears to dash notably faster.
What was his fundamental weakness in Brawl?
Part of his issue was that he was slow. Ungodly slow. That seems to be fixed. His reach was also a problem. His jab seems to at least have better range. One major flaw was the fact that his size made him easy to juggle around. If anything, this Ganondorf looks slightly bigger.
I thought the Brawl mechanics, with its emphasis on a defensive playstyle, with a lack of L-canceling and the crappy stale move negation, also worked toward Ganondorf's ultimate falter.

Honestly it's a combination of a lot of things. And I may have spoken to soon. That may have been a Smash Run match where everyone is powered up in different aspects. His speed may just be because he collected power ups in Smash run.

GalacticPetey said:
Honestly it's a combination of a lot of things. And I may have spoken to soon. That may have been a Smash Run match where everyone is powered up in different aspects. His speed may just be because he collected power ups in Smash run.
True, true.

We have to evaluate how good a character is based on the fundamental game mechanics. Remember, Bowser was buffed from Melee to Brawl, but his tier list position actually got overall worse. Same for Zelda.

GalacticPetey said:
So Ganondorf's speed may not have been improved? dang.
He might need more range, but the speed will patch him up as well.

Paul Heyman said:
as far as i know, they don't keep their color schemes; it could kick in if outlines are turned off, but i think they're forcing thin outlines for team battles
What about the Wii U version?

Also what if four people wanted to all play as Bowser Jr. in a non-team battle?

Paper Mario said:
Also what if four people wanted to all play as Bowser Jr. in a non-team battle?

I'm pretty sure you'll still get like a red Bowser Jr. or a blue one.

If not, then they made a dumbass move

sorry if this has been posted already but

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235857-rumor-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-leaks-came-from-within-noa

holy shit if this is true

Well if it was actually a NOA employee, he deserves to be fired and sued. That's pretty much the worst thing to do in a game company.

It just makes no damn sense as to why Dr. Mario would return in SSB as a playable character. It honestly doesn't.

Video, pics, whatever - I'm not believing a damn thing that is said until the game comes out.

But in no way does the video prove the massive 52-player leaked pic. I could believe BJ and Shulk getting in, but two Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog?

I feel like Sakurai worked too hard with making sure they got the best balance and the best choices to the character roster to do something like that. I mean really, 7 Mario characters? It's just so blantantly unlikely that it is true.

The video was well made, and Nintendo removed it, so maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. I wouldn't doubt that it is fake due to the fact that fakes are getting more "creative" to seem more legit, but calling it real...I'm going to say no.

Maybe Nintendo took the video down just for the sake of screwing with us?

Henry said:
It just makes no damn sense as to why Dr. Mario would return in SSB as a playable character. It honestly doesn't.

Video, pics, whatever - I'm not believing a damn thing that is said until the game comes out.

But in no way does the video prove the massive 52-player leaked pic. I could believe BJ and Shulk getting in, but two Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog?

I feel like Sakurai worked too hard with making sure they got the best balance and the best choices to the character roster to do something like that. I mean really, 7 Mario characters? It's just so blantantly unlikely that it is true.

The video was well made, and Nintendo removed it, so maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. I wouldn't doubt that it is fake due to the fact that fakes are getting more "creative" to seem more legit, but calling it real...I'm going to say no.
BMB, it honestly sounds like you're in denial. These videos are just too well made to be faked.

Doc was added back in because Sakurai had a little extra time and wanted to beef up the roster just a bit. That's why Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina are here.

GalacticPetey said:
Henry said:

BMB, it honestly sounds like you're in denial. These videos are just too well made to be faked.

Doc was added back in because Sakurai had a little extra time and wanted to beef up the roster just a bit. That's why Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina are here.

Call me in denial or whatever.

I rather wait until Sakurai actually says this from his mouth than believe what could potentially be bullshit.

And are we forgetting there is a thing called Project M? Two of the stages that were shown were stages that have been used in Brawl, and they could have easily changed the stage background and stuff on Battlefield. It literally is ironic that out of all the stages he could have chosen, he decided to go with two stages that were in Past Smash Bros. games. Don't you think that is a red flag?

Not to mention that in the Shulk one, you can barely see Lucina or Shulk's detailed faces and stuff, which is another red flag for me. The graphics are not that good on the 3DS, but not to the point where you can't make out faces or stuff.

Also, at the end of the video, for a split second, instead of returning to the home menu, it goes into a results page for Yoshi on a Home Run Derby thing. You're telling me that is in no way odd at all?

Henry said:
Also, at the end of the video, for a split second, instead of returning to the home menu, it goes into a results page for Yoshi on a Home Run Derby thing. You're telling me that is in no way odd at all?

not really; why?

This is from a video shown to the ESRB to get a rating for the game.

of course it makes sense to show off angry bomb target whatevers afterward

Henry said:
GalacticPetey said:
Henry said:

Call me in denial or whatever.

I rather wait until Sakurai actually says this from his mouth than believe what could potentially be bullshit.

And are we forgetting there is a thing called Project M? Two of the stages that were shown were stages that have been used in Brawl, and they could have easily changed the stage background and stuff on Battlefield. It literally is ironic that out of all the stages he could have chosen, he decided to go with two stages that were in Past Smash Bros. games. Don't you think that is a red flag?

Not to mention that in the Shulk one, you can barely see Lucina or Shulk's detailed faces and stuff, which is another red flag for me. The graphics are not that good on the 3DS, but not to the point where you can't make out faces or stuff.

Explain the Bowser Jr. video then. Show me a mod that makes something that convincing and unique.

As for the Yoshi thing, you don't seem to know how the ESRB works. They don't get a copy of the game. They get footage from the game to review. That's likely just the next bit of footage that they are going to look over.

okay then, where's the rest of the ERSB video? Why should just those two segments of the video when they could have easily leaked out more of it?

I'm telling you now; I'm not changing my mind, no matter how hotheaded you get over this. I'm not believing it until Sakurai and Nintendo confirms it. I rather spend my time not obsessing over most likely false information, especially over Smash Bros. where it's like every day there is this "huge leak" that is going around.

It's not like the leaker can constantly be recording. He has to be discrete and hidden. Hence only big able to get bits and pieces.

Please to tell me how this is likely fake aside from the fact that you don't like the character choice. And before you say "it's unrealistic", that's just what people said when Brawl's roster leaked and it only had 35 characters, had characters lik R.O.B, Wolf, Toon Link, and didn't feature Mewtwo, K. Rool, etc.

In the likely/unlikely/probable/improbable/definitely possible/completely impossible/50-50 chance/probably not possible/yes/no/whatever-the-hell-the-likelihood-is-as-of-the-new-information-released-5-seconds-ago event that this turns out to be fake, I'll be sure to personally chew out every single one of you.

In the meantime, I await the pic of the day.

Back