Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

that'd actually be cool

too bad id still suck with yoshi

Unknown Entity said:
cryoAwakening said:
Has anyone else noticed this:

Where's Yoshi?

Yoshi has not been shown in any of the Smash Bros. stuff, and is the only character of the original 8 that has not been confirmed to be in this game.

I wonder why?

I can think of a few reasons.

Sakurai just didn't feel like showing him off.

Yoshi's new rendered model is not yet complete.

I'm sure that the first reason is bogus, and the second reason is like what Gamefreak said:

Booker said:
Calling it now, Yarn Yoshi will be Yoshi's new model for SSB4.

I have a feeling that they probably do have a reason for not including Yoshi such as they are holding off on showing Yoshi's new form or design.

However, I doubt they'll do a Yarn Yoshi thing, as they didn't do that with Kirby.

looking forward to fighting you guys online

Maybe they'll change Yoshi's fighting style like they did with Bowser, I don't want to see every returning character having the exact same moveset as before. They should change some stuff around (Even the few new attacks including Uprising weapons for Pit is good enough) at least.

But I believe they just don't have Yoshi ready to show yet and that's why we haven't seen him.

Crackin355 said:
Maybe they'll change Yoshi's fighting style like they did with Bowser, I don't want to see every returning character having the exact same moveset as before. They should change some stuff around (Even the few new attacks including Uprising weapons for Pit is good enough) at least.

But I believe they just don't have Yoshi ready to show yet and that's why we haven't seen him.
Yes please change Yoshi's moveset, he sucks SO bad.....

New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

Yes please change Yoshi's moveset, he sucks SO bad..... \

maybe then yoshi can be so happy

New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

That's because you don't know how to use him. I RULE with Yoshi.

Am I the only one who would prefer that they didn't show ANYTHING? No Dojo, no new pictures, no NOTHING. I'd rather see everything when the game is released.

Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

Am I the only one who would prefer that they didn't show ANYTHING? No Dojo, no new pictures, no NOTHING. I'd rather see everything when the game is released.
You can always just not look at the site...

Maybe, just MAYBE...

It'll not be Yoshi anymore, but Yoshi & Baby Mario! Maybe that's why they are holding off on showing him!!!

The potential...oh god, gotta knock on wood now. That would be awesome, and I would not be surprised to see it!

inb4blofsaysmytheoryisstupid.

Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

V7zBj0m.jpg

cryoAwakening said:
Maybe, just MAYBE...

It'll not be Yoshi anymore, but Yoshi & Baby Mario! Maybe that's why they are holding off on showing him!!!

The potential...oh god, gotta knock on wood now. That would be awesome, and I would not be surprised to see it!

Your theory is stupid.

cryoAwakening said:
Maybe, just MAYBE...

Considering Yoshi's New Island is on the way, and the fact that Kirby isn't Yarn Kirby, this may be possible.

Time Turner said:
Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

That's exactly what I do, but like General Zod's image says, spoilers find a way. News will spread anyway. Now, if NO ONE knew anything, it would be more difficult to be spoiled.

cryoAwakening said:
Maybe, just MAYBE...

Your theory is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a long while

Anser said:
Time Turner said:
Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

That's exactly what I do, but like General Zod's image says, spoilers find a way. News will spread anyway. Now, if NO ONE knew anything, it would be more difficult to be spoiled.
But what about the people that do want to know?

Time Turner said:
Anser said:
Time Turner said:
Anser said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

But what about the people that do want to know?

screw them im more important!

Baby Luigi said:
cryoAwakening said:
Maybe, just MAYBE...

Your theory is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a long while
What if they're delaying info about Wario because he's not Wario anymore?
Instead, he's Wario with Baby Luigi on his back!

Then that's the best idea ever

Some stupid yellow anthropomorphous pile of fat + the most awesome character ever = the most uber character in the game

Xpike said:
cryoAwakening said:
Maybe, just MAYBE...

Considering Yoshi's New Island is on the way, and the fact that Kirby isn't Yarn Kirby, this may be possible.

Exactly.

Now, I'm going to say that this would be a...10% chance of happening. A was being a little generous about the percentage, but I mean, it's definitely like it wouldn't happen.

I mean, it would help benefit Yoshi's attacks a bit - and is an awesome character - and yeah, I mean, Yoshi's appearances [in the Yoshi games] have always been with Baby Mario for the most part, besides Yoshi Story and the upcoming Yarn Yoshi.

I seriously doubt it would happen though, however, you have to admit that out of all the speculation that always come with upcoming SSB games, might is very plausible and very reasonable.

cryoAwakening said:
you have to admit that out of all the speculation that always come with upcoming SSB games, might is very plausible and very reasonable

Anybody who thinks they have a good idea says that, sure your idea sounds like it could work but that doesn't give it any ground so it's still just a theory and nothing more.

New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

Actually Yoshi's moveset is pretty good, it just needs more KO power and Egg Roll should be replaced. =P

Timmy said:
New Super Mario said:
Crackin355 said:

Actually Yoshi's moveset is pretty good, it just needs more KO power and Egg Roll should be replaced. =P

No, friggin up move with the Egg toss needs to be replaced. I mean, I know that Yoshi has the Flutter Jump, but there isn't any better move to help Yoshi at all? I like the down special, but it's annoying on stages like Hanenbow when you do it on one of the leaves and you die because you slide right off. X(

I don't mind the Egg roll, though it does need more damage infliction power if they are to keep it. The Yoshi Tongue will always be a good move. :P

Crackin355 said:
cryoAwakening said:
you have to admit that out of all the speculation that always come with upcoming SSB games, might is very plausible and very reasonable

Anybody who thinks they have a good idea says that, sure your idea sounds like it could work but that doesn't give it any ground so it's still just a theory and nothing more.

Sorry, I mean in comparison to some of the more absurd speculation; I still think that it's not going to happen, and I would be amazed if Nintendo does that.

cryoAwakening said:
No, friggin up move with the Egg toss needs to be replaced.
But throwing eggs is like, one of Yoshi's signature moves. That'd be like removing Samus' missiles.

Proto Man said:
cryoAwakening said:
No, friggin up move with the Egg toss needs to be replaced.
But throwing eggs is like, one of Yoshi's signature moves. That'd be like removing Samus' missiles.

Maybe they should make it the next side move and give Yoshi a better up attack.

cryoAwakening said:
No, friggin up move with the Egg toss needs to be replaced. I mean, I know that Yoshi has the Flutter Jump, but there isn't any better move to help Yoshi at all?
Actually Yoshi's recovery is a lot better than you think. It's best if you turn off Tap Jump (disables jumping from flicking up on the control stick but it's not available for Wiimote obviously lol), so that Yoshi can use his Up Special BEFORE using his Double Jump. He can use the Egg Toss 4 or 5 times before his Egg Toss doesn't boost him up anymore lol

Combine that with his great aerial mobility, he's got a solid recovery.
...Unless someone bounces off his head and footstools him, and makes Yoshi lose his Double Jump, then he's screwed, but footstooling someone in mid-air isn't easy. :P

I would like to see it boost up Yoshi somewhat more though. =P

Even when it's not used for recovery, Egg Toss is still an amazing projectile. I believe it's the only projectile in the game with 2 hitboxes (there's the egg itself and then the explosion). It can also be angled in many ways and really limits your opponent's approach options. It's also good for chipping away shields.

I think Yoshi's real problem is his abnormal shield. He can't jump out of it and his other options are laggy (including dropping his shield; IIRC everyone else has a 7 frame drop while Yoshi has a dumb 17 frame drop). Rolls and his grab are horribly laggy, and side stepping is his only non-laggy option with his shield. =P

His KO moves aren't that strong either; usually I end up killing at like 130%-150%, unless I'm using Up air to kill, which would kill earlier since they're closer to the top blastzone. But still, his Smashes need some more KO power IMO.

Also, Egg Roll is lame since it's way too easy to see it coming and also it leaves Yoshi helpless after using it in mid-air.

Speaking of turning off Tap Jump, I'm REALLY hoping this game will allow you to save your controls to name tags as well. I was so glad you could do that in Brawl; grabbing was so much more comfortable on my Y button and disabling Tap Jump really helped me. Setting my L button to Specials makes some techniques easier and my L button actually has a purpose. XP

Also, why is Yoshi's Egg Lay range inconsistent? It makes no sense. In the Subspace, the range is a LOT bigger. Did they use a different model for Subspace? I'm hoping Sakurai doesn't do this again for the story. =P (Some of you may have seen this already, but anyways...)
YoshiSSBBNS%28groundedend%29.png

(Sorry if seem like a total Smash nerd and I'm sounding like one of those world experts, but I'm not and I just tend to be really nerdy about Brawl XD)

Back