• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

New Super Mario said:
cryoAwakening said:
My guess is that Snake is getting cut, Sonic is staying, and a Namco character (probably Pac Man) will join.

I honestly think it'll just be three: Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man.

I don't think that they'll go beyond that. I'm sure that Sakurai would just add a new third party with Mega Man and getting rid of Snake, as he's really been stressing about how he wants to cut as little characters as possible.

I think it'll be Mega Man and that's it. If they do decide on a second third-party character then it'd have to be someone that everybody has wanted for a long time. I don't think Snake or Sonic will return. It doesn't matter that SEGA and Nintendo signed that thing that makes it so they get a few Sonic games exclusive, it doesn't mean they're going to throw him in just because they can. If they do include him, cool. If they don't, I didn't get my hopes up so I didn't get let down.

I personally think Sonic is more than likely going to return due to his immense popularity

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wonder if the website will eventually begin updating like the Smash Bros Dojo did.

im not even sure they will, i hope they do, but im really not sure they will this time around.

...oh my god yes that'd be a great edition.

ooooooohhhhhh yes

Well somewhere said something about wanting Super Meat Boy in this game so...

But I wouldn't mind Bayonetta either, but she's a bit random compared to other choices

Crackin355 said:
I think it'll be Mega Man and that's it. If they do decide on a second third-party character then it'd have to be someone that everybody has wanted for a long time. I don't think Snake or Sonic will return. It doesn't matter that SEGA and Nintendo signed that thing that makes it so they get a few Sonic games exclusive, it doesn't mean they're going to throw him in just because they can. If they do include him, cool. If they don't, I didn't get my hopes up so I didn't get let down.

While I know you're hoping he returns as well.

The problem is it makes absolute no sense in not including Sonic in the next game

- He was by far the most requested character for Brawl. He was put in basically last minute and may have even been a reason the game had to be delayed just to put him and some decent amount of Sonic content in the game
- With that knowledge, now that they can perhaps plan him in sooner then that. They can represent him even better then they did in Brawl with perhaps a stage that resembles something in Sonic Lost World.
- Sakurai knows that any cut from the roster will make some fans sad. But cutting Sonic in particular is one character that would cause much more backlash then most other characters in the roster
- Sonic Vs. Mario still makes Money. Case in point, why Sega still makes those Mario and Sonic Olympic games. Now add Megaman to that equation and you have 3 legendary Video game icons from 3 different companies in one game. I don't see Nintendo nor Sega missing out on this chance of a lifetime
- Last but not least, Sonic really fits with the Smash Bros. cast. He has his own unique moveset, and his own playstyle that while not perfect. Could possibly be fine-tuned for this game at least a little bit. Sakurai enjoys having most if not all of the characters to have their own unique style of play. And Sonic's no exception to that rule.

Even if this game is the first to cut a character that had their own original moveset without it being replaced by a character with a similar moveset (Ala Mewtwo by Lucario). I can't see Sonic being one of those. Popularity, Iconic status/Money maker, and Originality are all reasons I think Sonic's staying.

And if he is somehow cut against all odds, logic, and reasoning. I think all who want him back can be very understandably upset about it. The only reason I can think of that they'd cut Sonic is because they want to keep Sonic as Brawl's "exclusive 3rd party guest". Which I think personally would be bullshit, Just because he's 3rd party doesn't mean he shouldn't get the same treatment as the Nintendo characters. Especially given how well received he was when added to Brawl. That's basically Nintendo saying "You want to play as Sonic in Super Smash Brothers? Play Brawl again!"

every day I check the website

and every day nothing new shows up

im starting to think

what if this is the final starter roster

Matt Foley said:

im starting to think

Oh come on, that's just impossible.

Matt Foley said:

im starting to think

Or they're just being more secretive this time around.

What was Melee's website like in the early days of development? Maybe they're doing something like they did for Melee. As far as I know Melee didn't have a Dojo to the extent that Brawl did.

Considering the earliest date I can see this game coming out is mid-summer 2014, I don't think they're going to throw new and exciting updates everyday. I assume they might start giving the major updates sometime around fall or winter, which is closer to the game's release than now.

maybe im just paranoid

perhaps im just worried

about sakurai that is

i heard he was stressed to death

i was worried he would lose it

Also even if the Starting roster is that small (I mean even as small as the squares left to be filled, which would mean an 18 character starting roster) Then that probably means a whole lot of unlockables.

Though it should be noted that in Brawl both Snake and Sonic were unlockable characters despite being revealed earlier. So we might not have Mega Man from the get go.

Booker said:
Considering the earliest date I can see this game coming out is mid-summer 2014, I don't think they're going to throw new and exciting updates everyday. I assume they might start giving the major updates sometime around fall or winter, which is closer to the game's release than now.

For reference, daily updates for Brawl started on May 22 2007, and the game was released in February 08.

brawl also had 2 delays though.

but i dont really expect them to do daily updates, and that's a good thing.

Quite frankly that just built too much hype for most people and ended up not being as good as people thought it would be.

Matt Foley said:

im starting to think

They just revealed the game, they won't start doing the daily updates until August at least, you're just being paranoid over nothing.

Xpike said:
Matt Foley said:

im starting to think

They just revealed the game, they won't start doing the daily updates until August at least, you're just being paranoid over nothing.

Likewise, I remember that the website just had the trailer, and that was it. For MANY months, all there was was the trailer, and nothing else.

They didn't do an updates for over a year (The website was in 2006 iirc, because I was debating what I would want more: TP or SSBB).

I wouldn't expect any updates until January of 2014.

Also, here's a good place to see the differences between SSBB and SSB4

Has anyone else noticed this:

Where's Yoshi?

Yoshi has not been shown in any of the Smash Bros. stuff, and is the only character of the original 8 that has not been confirmed to be in this game.

I wonder why?

cryoAwakening said:
Has anyone else noticed this:

Where's Yoshi?

Yoshi has not been shown in any of the Smash Bros. stuff, and is the only character of the original 8 that has not been confirmed to be in this game.

I wonder why?

I can think of a few reasons.

Sakurai just didn't feel like showing him off.

Yoshi's new rendered model is not yet complete.

Calling it now, Yarn Yoshi will be Yoshi's new model for SSB4.

Back