Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Ssb is still cool though.

In my opinion, the Super Smash Bros. series isn't meant to be taken seriously

Baby Luigi said:
In my opinion, the Super Smash Bros. series isn't meant to be taken seriously

well its a multiplayer game and like most multiplayer games theres always going be some kind of tier going on.

never said it wasnt.

It's fine how it is, or at least it was until brawl anyway. Although ive always seen brawl as a big double edged sword, so many pros, so many cons.

ernesth100 said:
I love the original cartoony charm the Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros. had. It's something I missed from Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, who take themselves WAY too seriously in retrospect. This new game feels a lot more light-hearted in comparison.

I also feel very nostalgic over it.

So i was playing brawl to complete challenges. First i did 15-minute multiman brawl, died at 2 minutes remaining. Then played 100 man brawl, died with 15 foes left. None of my deaths were very fair, and my point is...
CAN WE STOP HAVING EXPLOSIVES SPAWN ON PLAYERS IN THE MIDDLE OF ATTACKS???

Meta Knight said:
So i was playing brawl to complete challenges. First i did 15-minute multiman brawl, died at 2 minutes remaining. Then played 100 man brawl, died with 15 foes left. None of my deaths were very fair, and my point is...
CAN WE STOP HAVING EXPLOSIVES SPAWN ON PLAYERS IN THE MIDDLE OF ATTACKS???

oh yes freaking agreed.

I remember getting like 99 foes down in 100 man melee and bam bomb spawned on me.

So pissed.

Giga12 said:
In my opinion, video games aren't meant to be taken seriously.
Now, I'm one of those guys who say you can look and think deeply about anything, and that I feel that video games CAN be taken seriously, and be as respectful a medium as movies, books, TV shows, etc. But, you know, that doesn't mean we can't have our fun stuff, though even with those kinds of games I tend to like them more when there's more to appreciate about them.

I really don't see how Brawl was not a good SSB game. Imo, Melee was the weakest of the three since it just had some really strange additions and it felt more of a fangame.

Anna said:
I really don't see how Brawl was not a good SSB game. Imo, Melee was the weakest of the three since it just had some really strange additions and it felt more of a fangame.

Each game has their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I think Melee is the most complex and deep of them all. Competitive Melee is a treat to watch, if you understand what's going on. I could never get into the scene though, it's such a demanding game if you want to be really good at it.

Though I think all of them are different, they're all good for their own reasons.

So, did any of you notice with the boxing ring?

When Little Mac and Diddy were in it, the floor design and stuff were all themed with Punch-out stuff (this is picture 4). However, when Little Mac is not playing, the stage (as shown in pictures 1 and 6 of Diddy's collection) shows that the big label on the floor is changed and the text on the moving letters go from "PUNCH OUT" to "SMASH BROS."

I think we have another Alfonzo case here where if Little Mac is not a part of the stage, then it is a Smash-themed stage. That, or we are looking at two different stages, which I doubt they would do something like that.

Anna said:
Do not start this debate with me.

Anna said:
So, did any of you notice with the boxing ring?

When Little Mac and Diddy were in it, the floor design and stuff were all themed with Punch-out stuff (this is picture 4). However, when Little Mac is not playing, the stage (as shown in pictures 1 and 6 of Diddy's collection) shows that the big label on the floor is changed and the text on the moving letters go from "PUNCH OUT" to "SMASH BROS."

I think we have another Alfonzo case here where if Little Mac is not a part of the stage, then it is a Smash-themed stage. That, or we are looking at two different stages, which I doubt they would do something like that.
We already saw this in the Little Mac trailer.

So yeah, Diddy's back. That's cool. :diddy:

expected him today, i would have been surprised if they didn't do anything for tropical freeze

GP: At the little mac stage it never showed off the differences and were lead to believe that the stage was permachanged, only a smash-themed stage to hide the little mac spoiler. And I'm sorry that Melee is my least favorite Smash game, but it is.

Totally expected

Good to have an obvious returneee show up finally. Now let's get the even more obvious returnee next month -> :yoshi:

Sakurai typically announces characters to coincide with a Japanese release date. ALBW is a good example. Japan isn't getting Yoshi's New Island until the summer. The Tropical Freeze thing was an exception because the Japanese release date coincided with the direct.

Back