Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
ernesth100 said:
diddy's back http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/diddy_kong.html
My immediate thought when I saw his confirmation:

(Dave Wise is a freaking genius!)

On the one hand, this wasn't much of a surprise, Diddy Kong was a popular character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and is confirmation coincides with the North American and European release of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. On the other hand, there was still a lot of things to question about if he would have been confirmed today, since character confirmations and such only happen on the Japanese release dates... Not to mention, for me anyway, I was wondering if Dixie Kong would be confirmed as well, as in part of a pair. There was a rumor a while back, one that accurately predicted Ashley as an Assist Trophy, Palutena being in the game, and Little Mac being playable and based on his appearance in Punch-Out!! for the Wii. It also said that Diddy and Dixie Kong would be confirmed on the release date of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and that you'd be able to switch between them via the down special movie, a la Zelda and Shiek. Since only Diddy Kong is confirmed, and his regular Down Special, the Banana Peel Toss, seems to be confirmed, I guess that rumor is now bunk. Oh well...

As for Diddy Kong himself, I used him fairly frequently. He WAS one of my most-wanted characters for Brawl, along with King Dedede and Wario, though I didn't use him AS much as the other two. It's good to see him back, and that Sakurai has tweeked his moveset a bit... He seems very stretchy... I like what people are saying about Lanky Kong, maybe Diddy Kong trained with him after Brawl! XP

Diddy Kong, much like everyone else, also looks very expressive. There's more shock in his face when his Peanut Popgun blows up, or when he blasts off on his jetpack. I also have to say, much like everyone else, he looks more colorful this time around. His red shirt and hat, as well as his brown hair pop out more, I love it! Although I will say his hair does look a bit more textured, unlike Donkey Kong's hair... I also never really realized how human-like his hands are... it's kind of weird... for me, anyway. :P

As for future character announcements, much like Diddy Kong being confirmed, I think it's assured that Yoshi's profile will go up on the release day of Yoshi's New Island (I can't wait for that, honestly, since it'll be great to have the original 8 finally confirmed). As for future announcements... I hope Wario gets confirmed, since next month is the anniversary for both Wario Land (in North America) and WarioWare (in Japan). Judging by their trend of usually counting Japanese release dates and anniversaries, and the way they space out the character confirmations, I'd say they'll go with Yoshi's confirmation on March 14 (the release date of Yoshi's New Island) and Wario's confirmation on March 21.

As for newcomers, I've also noticed a pattern; they only confirm newcomers during an event in which they can show off a new character trailer, i.e. Nintendo Direct. I don't know when or how often Nintendo does their Nintendo Directs, but seeing as we just had one last week, I'm assuming the next one will be pretty far off. Not sure what kind of newcomer they'll have, though... It's hard to tell with these things, even though they make sense in retrospect. No one expected Little Mac despite February being the 30th anniversary of the Punch-Out!! arcade game. I look forward to whatever, though!

There's a Nintendo direct like the ones in December and Feburary every 2 months. So we can probably expect a Newcomer in every upcoming Direct now.

The next direct is in April. It happens to be the month that has a Fire Emblem anniversery. So I think Fire Emblem fans should await the next direct. At most we'll get three to four newcomer announcements (To be fair though the 2nd of those three is E3. We may get multiple announcements then) before the game is even released. A good number of Newcomers (I'd say that's at least 10) may not sound farfetched now since we already have 5 confirmed, 3-4 Directs before the game is released (April's direct, June which will obviously be for E3, and August. Possibly October too if the game is released for Holiday 2014. Not to mention the possibility that there might be newcomers Sakurai is hiding until people discover the full roster.

Palutena hasn't been confirmed yet Smashgoom, those could just be convincing fakes.

Jim McGinn said:
Palutena hasn't been confirmed yet Smashgoom, those could just be convincing fakes.
I know that, I'm just saying. :-\

Northern Verve said:
There's a Nintendo direct like the ones in December and Feburary every 2 months. So we can probably expect a Newcomer in every upcoming Direct now.

The next direct is in April. It happens to be the month that has a Fire Emblem anniversery. So I think Fire Emblem fans should await the next direct. At most we'll get three to four newcomer announcements (To be fair though the 2nd of those three is E3. We may get multiple announcements then) before the game is even released. A good number of Newcomers (I'd say that's at least 10) may not sound farfetched now since we already have 5 confirmed, 3-4 Directs before the game is released (April's direct, June which will obviously be for E3, and August. Possibly October too if the game is released for Holiday 2014. Not to mention the possibility that there might be newcomers Sakurai is hiding until people discover the full roster.
Yeah, someone mentioned that on another forum, and also mentioned that this April will be the 24th anniversary of Nazo no Murasame-Jo, so if Takamaru's in the game, he could be confirmed then.

also while i kind of expected diddy today i am still happy to see him as he's become one of my favorites to play as in brawl

So Diddy has his bananas back, and tripping returns... Seems like Sakurai only got rid of random tripping.
I'm glad random tripping is removed, but I wouldn't mind if they ended up removing the whole concept of it. I don't mind tripping this way either though. =P

screen-10.jpg

Oh my god Diddy your arms are HUGE. (Yes I know it's not meant to be scaled or realistic, but still) xD

daily.jpg

Timmy said:
So Diddy has his bananas back, and tripping returns... Seems like Sakurai only got rid of random tripping.
I'm glad random tripping is removed, but I wouldn't mind if they ended up removing the whole concept of it. I don't mind tripping this way either though. =P

screen-10.jpg

Oh my god Diddy your arms are HUGE. (Yes I know it's not meant to be scaled or realistic, but still) xD

daily.jpg
Who knows maybe smash is starting to be cartoony again. heh.

^What you did there I see it. I don't always see but when I do its what you did there. One does not simply not see what you did there.

Officer: The man was found with binoculars stuffed in his eyes.
Me: Geuss you could say he saw what they did there.

I have a ton of other puns.

Fighter Zae said:
well luffy can do more than stretch though.

Although his character was boring as *bleep* for a long ass time.
I feel like there's a lot to appreciate about Luffy, even if he can be ridiculously stupid to the point of annoying at times. Funny how you said he could do more then stretch, considering I was going to mention Jake the Dog as well.

ANYWAY... anyone watch Gamexplain? They have a discussion about Diddy Kong's return:

Fighter Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
GalacticPetey said:
Three'kay said:
diddy confirmed for mr. fantastic
More like Lanky Kong.

Or Plastic Man. He's awesome.
Or Monkey D. Luffy! ;D

Although his character was boring as shit for a long ass time.

Eins Lobby -> Marineford was when Luffy was enjoyable IMO. Luffy right now in the story is really boring.

Crackin355 said:
Fighter Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
GalacticPetey said:
Three'kay said:
diddy confirmed for mr. fantastic
More like Lanky Kong.

Or Plastic Man. He's awesome.
Or Monkey D. Luffy! ;D

Although his character was boring as shit for a long ass time.

Eins Lobby -> Marineford was when Luffy was enjoyable IMO. Luffy right now in the story is really boring.

i wouldnt know that for sure since i stopped reading one piece a long time ago.

Shit is way too long for my tastes.

Fighter Zae said:
i wouldnt know that for sure since i stopped reading one piece a long time ago.

*bleep* is way too long for my tastes.
That sucks, you're really missing out, since the manga REALLY picks up after Water 7. Regardless...

Smashgoom202 said:
ANYWAY... anyone watch Gamexplain? They have a discussion about Diddy Kong's return:

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Back