Equestria Girls (MLP spin-off)

Gundam Tanaka said:
isn't that the whole purpose of the brony fandom

It's the whole purpose of any fandom, really

This is the kind of shit that makes me wanna get high again because i'm pretty sure this would be hilarious high

Severa said:
^why do you even care if its canon at all, if the main series isnt ending just watch that and dont rag on this for literally no reason at all

because they might introduce new characters from this spin off, and we will be confused as hell

Aren't you a Mario fan though? The Mario series has so many confusing spin-offs, spin-off exclusive characters, and dubious continuity... This is pretty much kindergarden compared to that.

It's different. This follows on from each episode, whereas the Mario series is different games in different places, that might as well not even exist. The game's premise is the same, save the princess. It's pretty much just the same game, but with different elements. Some of the games might as well not even exist. It's not the premise that makes the games, it's the way that Nintendo forms the elements into a worthwhile storyline, and yet sometimes they don't even work, like in New Super Mario Bros. series.

In fact I don't know why you're comparing Mario to MLP, it's two very, very different concepts. My Little Pony has different story lines in each episode, so if they were to introduce a different character, and you were to miss that out, you would seriously be wondering "what the fuck is going on, where did he come from" where as in the Mario Series, they pretty much introduce one character in a game, and they don't reuse them later on. It's different for the Mario and Luigi series, since that series is literally like one big story, and they can use characters again in different story lines. And unless this is a different series that DOESN'T tie in with the original series, then we're going to end up confused and delayed.

I think the only character from Equestria Girls we might see again in Season 4 is Sunset Shimmer. But I think they can still have her and have every character have no recollection of Equestria Girls whatsoever.

It just might be awkward that her debut was Equestria Girls.

Northern Verve said:
I think the only character from Equestria Girls we might see again in Season 4 is Sunset Shimmer. But I think they can still have her and have every character have no recollection of Equestria Girls whatsoever.

It just might be awkward that her debut was Equestria Girls.
I think Meghan denied Sunset being in S4... Is a shame though, I like Sunset's design when she's a pony! And the whole "previous student of Celestia" could of have interesting ramifications in the show.

Johnny Bravo said:
This is the kind of *bleep* that makes me wanna get high again because i'm pretty sure this would be hilarious high

Charmander said:
Aren't you a Mario fan though? The Mario series has so many confusing spin-offs, spin-off exclusive characters, and dubious continuity... This is pretty much kindergarden compared to that.
Apparently, you haven't seen my rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Northern Verve said:
I think the only character from Equestria Girls we might see again in Season 4 is Sunset Shimmer.
Same, she actually looks pretty cool.

Also, on topic:
I'm gonna keep my judgement to myself for now, execution is a very important factor even if the setting seems to not leave much space for a good one... If I didn't know MLP at all and I watched a trailer showing the mane6 briefly I would most certainly think they are stereotypes, so I'll give it a chance!
I admit that the fantasy setting is a lot more attractive than this but point still stands.

Dozla said:
It's different. This follows on from each episode, whereas the Mario series is different games in different places, that might as well not even exist. The game's premise is the same, save the princess. It's pretty much just the same game, but with different elements. Some of the games might as well not even exist. It's not the premise that makes the games, it's the way that Nintendo forms the elements into a worthwhile storyline, and yet sometimes they don't even work, like in New Super Mario Bros. series.

In fact I don't know why you're comparing Mario to MLP, it's two very, very different concepts. My Little Pony has different story lines in each episode, so if they were to introduce a different character, and you were to miss that out, you would seriously be wondering "what the fuck is going on, where did he come from" where as in the Mario Series, they pretty much introduce one character in a game, and they don't reuse them later on. It's different for the Mario and Luigi series, since that series is literally like one big story, and they can use characters again in different story lines. And unless this is a different series that DOESN'T tie in with the original series, then we're going to end up confused and delayed.

No, it's actually pretty similar if you think about it. You have two continuities that (from what is apparent) only have a couple core characters in common, but feature a different cast otherwise. You can pretty neatly compare that to the Paper Mario series vs. the Mario&Luigi series. Both series have only the core Mario cast in common (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and I guess Toadsworth too), but otherwise feature new characters in similar roles. Yet still, people are perfectly able to keep both continuities separate. Nobody flew off in a panic at the introduction of Fawful, and fearing they would never be able to not confuse him with Kammy Koopa because both of them wore glasses and were the main antagonists' sidekicks. There's no need to do something like that with MLP either.

It should be pretty easy to keep this straight. If you can't do it that way, just think of it as a reboot, or like, a what-if-scenario.

But we're talking about what if Nintendo decided to take Fawful and stick him in the main series games. It just wouldn't work.

No, it has nothing to do with that. It is two distinct continuities with a few core characters in common, and a different cast otherwise. Keep it as simple as that and you will not get confused. You don't have to make it more complicated than it is, unless you actually WANT to get confused.

Also, your example is broken. They did take an RPG only character and put him into the main series. His name is King Goomba, and the fandom remained unconfused and very much sane... relatively speaking.

Then do something many people do when they encounter one rotten facet from something they otherwise like:

Drop it from your headcanon.

A single dumb element doesn't have to affect your enjoyment of something if you don't allow it to. I do this all the time. As long as you don't lose it and run around claiming your headcanon is the one true canon, nobody will bat an eye, you stay happy, the crappy spin-off can go screw itself, and everything is just dandy forever.

Hey guys, possible leak revealing the alternate names for the mane 6 and the names of the mean girl and the guy:

2e8.png

The surname for Rarity might work because her sister is Sweetie Belle

Not that it means Rarity's full name is Rarity Belle or anything. But it could be why.

No idea, but there are several different female names beginning with "R" and I don't understand why they couldn't have chosen one of those.

I really hope they make fun of Rowellina in universe, that name is so unfitting!
Neptune 2.0 said:
I hate to be a ball buster, but you're going to trust 4chan as a source?
sometimes they deliver

Back