Equestria Girls (MLP spin-off)

Booker said:
She wanted the fans to shut up. I wouldn't put it past her or any other person to make any group, being raging bronies or other "fans, to do anything possible to shut them up. I don't see the problem here, you're taking this way too seriously.
this

Booker said:
She wanted the fans to shut up. I wouldn't put it past her or any other person to make any group, being raging bronies or other "fans, to do anything possible to shut them up. I don't see the problem here, you're taking this way too seriously.
Again, she could have just said nothing. She doesn't address every single question that comes from a random Brony, does she? She couldn't have. Besides, I HIGHLY doubt anything she say will "shut them up" but rather "cause them to talk and/or bitch more". After all, you can only say so much in a Tweet, so people will no doubt ask for clarity, which she, of course can't or doesn't have to answer.

zbrFtZd.png

So, looking at the new trailer

1. This seems like a real 'excuse plot'. At least it gives Twilight a REASON to be the Prom Queen/sorry, what was it called again?

2. So, Flame Hair is going to be possessed by the devil? (And yes, I'm still calling her that)

I like that Sunset Shimmer was an actual pony who also escaped to the "high school" world... and that Spike the Dog can talk.

so like

is anyone else going to question why the crystal kingdom casually has a portal to a high school lying around

Gundam Tanaka said:
so like

is anyone else going to question why the crystal kingdom casually has a portal to a high school lying around
I'm sure it'll be addressed in the movie.

and i'm sure the explanation will be either cliched or terrible

I know why this is being made

Lauren Fest has dream for making a good little girls and she feels she needs to get rid of all Bronies.

This is being made as girly as possible to try eliminate the bronies.

I kinda lame but then again she wants to appeal to the target audience of 4-8 year old girls.

Gundam Tanaka said:
so like

To live out their secret dream of attending high school and being involved in awkward romance drama, naturally. Why do you think soap operas are so popular? People love that sort of stuff.

NSY said:

Lauren Fest has dream for making a good little girls and she feels she needs to get rid of all Bronies.

I kinda lame but then again she wants to appeal to the target audience of 4-8 year old girls.

Didn't Lauren Faust leave the MLP staff like, way, waaay back in/after season 2 or something?

And even disregarding that, wasn't her initial goal to prove that the franchise can grow beyond its target audience and become something solid and respectable? Trying to alienate those outside the target audience would be a direct contradiction of that goal. It is very unlikely.

Plus, from a financial point of view, it's a really stupid idea to actively try to get rid of your customers. Who cares if they weren't the primary target of your advertising? They're generating free revenue for you. Hooray, free stuff!

NSY said:

why would someone on staff (youre also accusing someone who isnt even on staff anymore, or at least not heavily involved with production) try to specifically target a section of a fanbase that provides them with revenue by pouring said revenue into a movie

it just doesnt make sense

NSY said:

329101__safe_twilight-sparkle_pinkie-pie_rarity_animated_image-macro_reaction-image_facehoof_the-return-of-harmony.gif

I have no words... this entire post is so false it hurts.

NSY said:

and the whole thing is a ploy by something awful so they can gain more money

NSY said:

Look out folks, we've got the next big comedian on our hands!

I think he got it by now. There's no need to have six people gang up on him for saying something ridiculous.

Let's get back to highschool shenanigans and awkward romance drama. It is much more fascinating.

They're not actually planning to release this in theaters, right.

Glowsquid said:
They're not actually planning to release this in theaters, right.

It's in limited release theaters. Not really nationwide. The one nearest to me won't have it (Even if it did, I really don't want to pay to see this...)

I just gotta say I'll finally be glad when this can blow over sometime after everyone who plans on seeing it (Whether they have good or bad expectations) have seen it, expressed what they thought of it, and now move on.

I'm on the side that thinks Equestria Girls wasn't really necessary. And I don't like it from a conceptual level that even if it's overall decent, will still ruin the movie for me. But even I know the fandom really, really overreacted to something that's still very much a spin-off and likely have little to no bearing on the events of the main show.

I swear, some of the reactions were so bad that you'd think what happened is they decided that they replaced Season 4 and just went on to make an Equestria Girls series instead. When that's not the case at all.

Northern Verve said:
I'm on the side that thinks Equestria Girls wasn't really necessary. And I don't like it from a conceptual level that even if it's overall decent, will still ruin the movie for me.
*cough*alicornTwilight*cough*

Gundam Tanaka said:
Northern Verve said:
I'm on the side that thinks Equestria Girls wasn't really necessary. And I don't like it from a conceptual level that even if it's overall decent, will still ruin the movie for me.
*cough*alicornTwilight*cough*

Oh you... :S

But seriously, I can explain really well why I liked Twilight becoming an Alicorn.

I can't say the same for Equestria Girls.

I believe they're different enough however that the only similarity is in that they both were reasons lots of drama happened in the fandom.

Back