Equestria Girls (MLP spin-off)

I know I should be gone, but I just want to say something.

I really hope Rarity has a boyfriend named Tom.

Cheerilee said:
Neptune 2.0 said:
I hate to be a ball buster, but you're going to trust 4chan as a source?
sometimes they deliver
read="never".

This feminist website commented on Equestria Girls:

http://feminspire.com/equestria-girls-how-did-my-little-pony-go-so-so-wrong/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same website that decried Friendship is Magic for enforcing the stereotype that Rainbow Dash was an angry lesbian and that the multi-colored ponies of Equestria were subjected to be ruled by the large white pony with a long falect falic falak... a stand-in for a penis.

Smashgoom202 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same website that decried Friendship is Magic for enforcing the stereotype that Rainbow Dash was an angry lesbian and that the multi-colored ponies of Equestria were subjected to be ruled by the large white pony with a long falect falic falak... a stand-in for a penis.
one of those comments holy shit

I'm frustrated that you didn't address the fact that MLP:FiM currently sets an unrealistic standard of beauty for horses. All of the horses in MLP:FiM are fit and healthy, and when I take my pony to the horse show I get slammed for having an overweight, unathletic, and unaesthetically pleasing horse. If it weren't for cartoons like MLP:FiM setting unrealistic DAMAGING standards about what horses would look like, I could win more horse shows.

LOL

Bulbasaur said:
Smashgoom202 said:

youre wrong, and the word is "phallic"
Oh right... and thanks.

They've got a point though. Especially with the fact that the boy character is some love interest. Really? Just because it's set in a cliched high school environment doesn't mean you have to use all the cliched high school tropes!

Bulbasaur said:
Purple Yoshi said:
They've got a point though. Especially with the fact that the boy character is some love interest. Really? Just because it's set in a cliched high school environment doesn't mean you have to use all the cliched high school tropes!

are you saying the love interest should be a girl

i agree
maybe we'll get another thing like sailor moon and they'll be changed to cousins.

Bulbasaur said:
Purple Yoshi said:

i agree

Well, yeah, it's more like the CONCEPT of a love interest is stupid. What happens to the guy when she comes back to Equestria? Will he come with her as a pony? Will we have a love interest pony?

If that happens, this show will have officially jumped the shark.

Purple Yoshi said:
Bulbasaur said:
Purple Yoshi said:

i agree

Well, yeah, it's more like the CONCEPT of a love interest is stupid. What happens to the guy when she comes back to Equestria? Will he come with her as a pony? Will we have a love interest pony?
If it sells play sets then yes!

what if she just broke off her relationship with human-him and started it up again with the corresponding pony when she got back home

omg

Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone commented on the trailer. So I'm going to. Bit by bit.

From this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ta9i3YQAzM

0:01 - 0:10 - So, this is some kind of test/mission? Well, talk about a mood shift. From "mission to save the world" to "high school drama"

0:13 - Oh, god, this music. Why???

0:22 - And here's the boy love interest. He has a pony haircut, so I guess he's probably a character in Equestria, too. And, well, yeah. It's a stupid idea.

0:24 - Lol, she still thinks she's a pony. She should be thankful she has fingers. They're very helpful.

0:25 - And there's the villain. Total stereotype. Her hair kinda looks like fire.

0:28 "Magic isn't working!" Of course not, Twilight. Magic in high school? Please. You're confusing us with other TV shows.

0:35 - Some kind of Prom that Pinkie Pie is alluding to. I bet you 10 dollars that Twilight will win. We can see Flame Hair has won it for the last few years. Of course.

0:44 - Oh god Twilight makeover my eyes what is happening to me. You know, I realised they should have totally given Twilight glasses. Why not? They need a way to show she's nerdy!

0:47 - The first indication that SOMETHING interesting will happen other than high school drama. I think it might be Flame Hair who's exploding. Maybe she gets turned into a pony?

0:49 - So, yeah. Love interest.

That's basically all I have to comment on. I'm not so interested in the cameos or whatever. I'm not the most hardcore pony fan that I actually care about the minor ponies. I just watch the show sometimes.

Purple Yoshi said:
Bulbasaur said:
Purple Yoshi said:

i agree

If that happens, this show will have officially jumped the shark.

I don't think it will have any bearing on the main show. Equestria Girls is it's own thing.

We don't even know if it is going to be a love interest kind of thing anyway. That's just speculation based on what people saw of the character. For all we know he could just be a nice guy that helps Twilight with no romance whatsoever in it. But we'll have to see.

I guess they could be trying trick us into thinking this is going to be just another high school drama, only for it to be incredibly deep and meaningful.

But I doubt it.

because there are so many deep and meaningful cartoon for little kids

Also P_Y I'm not really looking forward to this as several things at the conceptual level bother me (Ex: Spike being a Dog). But I definitely at least know it will have little to no bearing on Friendship is Magic. So that front, I believe it's harmless and if it's bad as I expect then it will just be something to joke about.

And yeah, to be fair the trailer is only one minute. And the movie will be slightly longer then three episodes of Friendship is Magic back to back. So there's no way we have quite the full picture yet.

Bulbasaur said:
Purple Yoshi said:

i agree

there should be a love triangle between twilight, rainbow and rarity

they all then realise that fighting over each other is ridiculous and they decide to be a threesome

real life or fantasy

So there's a new trailer over on Entertainment Weekly:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/06/07/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-trailer/

...Okay, I should be excited about a lot of things, including the things I saw from these spoileriffic images:

http://imgur.com/a/GVkYv

But the main thing I thought of was...

Meghan McCarthy lied to us.

When fans asked about Sunset Shimmer on Twitter, she replied by saying (and I might be paraphrasing), "I'm not even joking, I don't know what you're talking about." Granted, she's probably wasn't allowed to talk about Sunset Shimmer yet, contracts and whatnot, but you know what? She could have just not said anything. She doesn't owe the fandom anything; she doesn't HAVE to tell us what's going on behind the scenes. Not to mention, even if she was just messing with us then, the fact that she said she wasn't joking STILL makes her an outright liar.

Because of that, I am now going to find it incredibly difficult to trust anything she has to say from now on, whether it be about MLP or anything really. This is kind of a bridge-burner for me.

She wanted the fans to shut up. I wouldn't put it past her or any other person to make any group, being raging bronies or other "fans, to do anything possible to shut them up. I don't see the problem here, you're taking this way too seriously.

Booker said:
She wanted the fans to shut up. I wouldn't put it past her or any other person to make any group, being raging bronies or other "fans, to do anything possible to shut them up. I don't see the problem here, you're taking this way too seriously.
^

Back