Mario Party: Island Tour

I'm sick of the Year of the *bleep*ing Luigi in general. I'm glad that the info drought didn't last too long. Anyway, it would be nice for this game to have WiFi, but don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Mario Party X said:
I'm sick of the Year of the *bleep*ing Luigi in general. I'm glad that the info drought didn't last too long. Anyway, it would be nice for this game to have WiFi, but don't set yourself up for disappointment.
I know it probably won't, but you have to admit it would be a nice change to the series.

Good to hear about a new Mario party, I hope it will be like other DS games where you only need one game cartridge to play multiplayer.

King of the Shroobs said:
Good to hear about a new Mario party, I hope it will be like other DS games where you only need one game cartridge to play multiplayer.
This Mario Party has been announced for a while. I hope too that the multiplayer has minimal restrictions, unlike, ahem, Mario Kart 7.

I'm still a bit worried about the gameplay. I mean, the familiar blue spaces don't seem to return, and I'm not excited about the item system.

Mario Party X said:
Baby Luigi said:
They made Kamek be at mercy of a Bowser event, I bet they'll do the same for Bowser Jr.
The Magikoopa can qualify as a "good" character against Bowser as well.

Remember that Koopa Kid also had to face Bowser's wrath in Mario Party 6. That's weird, but I can't imagine Bowser Jr. being involved in a Bowser Space. Maybe it should work like in the Solo Mode for Mario Party 5; if Bowser Jr. lands on a Donkey Kong space, he gets treated the same way Bowser treats all the other characters. If he lands on the Bowser Space... well, you get what I'm saying.

So basically, if Bowser Jr. lands on a Bowser Space, he'd receive positive treatment from Bowser, while everyone else would receive negative treatment.

Whereas, if Bowser Jr. lands on a DK Space, instead of trying to earn Mini Stars, he has to avoid "losing" his Mini Stars, which would reference the fact that Donkey Kong is trying to hinder Bowser Jr..

Yeah, like in the Solo Mode of Mario Party 5. If you land on a DK space, goods things happen; if you land on a Bowser space, bad things happen. The opposite is true for the Koopa Kids.

This sounds like the most logical way to do it if Bowser Jr. needs to be playable.

Speedy Yoshi said:
Anyway, did anyone see a Flutter? Hmm.. What role does he have?
My betting is he host board, unless they have the MP star collecting back for certain boards and he takes the role of delivering the player to the star again

Rosalina and Bowser Jr. would be great - and well-needed - additions as characters.

Flutter is probably one of those background characters that appear in mini-games or maybe a board and that stuff.

They have ditched Koopa Kid? Good because there was no need for him to replace Bowser Jr. in the gamecube Mario Parties.

Also Flutter, please don't be playable.

I thought it was pretty shitty how they reused most of the character artwork.

Speedy Yoshi said:
I hope Rosalina and Bowser Jr. becomes playable, but I highly doubt
I hope so too.

Shokora said:
I thought it was pretty shitty how they reused most of the character artwork.
Only because it meant you couldn't upload them all :P

cryoAwakening said:
First thing I thought when I saw the cover:

OMG ROSALINA!!! PLEASE BE PLAYABLE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, for the Mario Party series, Rosalina seems more suited as a board host.

Speedy Yoshi said:
I hope Rosalina and Bowser Jr. becomes playable, but I highly doubt
It'd be alittle weird due to that fact that Nintendo didn't make these popular main characters playable in Party 9 but even made it worse than 8. At least I think all main characters from 8 should be playable in this title, but Birdo and Toadette aren't confirmed yet.

cryoAwakening said:
First thing I thought when I saw the cover:

OMG ROSALINA!!! PLEASE BE PLAYABLE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing I thought. However; I think I'm sure we're all in agreement that we're pleading for the solo versions of all three Mario females from that group picture to surface. WAY better than the ones that we've seen the other day that were just plain repeats of art materials from past Mario installments. Eeesh...

I still think Rosalina would be a host or something; when she appeared, she even looked like it

I think (and hope) Rosalina is a host and not a playable character. I think Mario Party just doesn't suit her. I'd rather have her being playable in Mario Golf: World Tour. I think, and this is only a theory (a very silly one, by the way) she's not a playable character because of what she's doing in the artwork. If you see, all confirmed playable characters are doing something related to the game, and Rosalina is just standing there besides her Luma. I know it's kind of stupid, but it's what I think.

TempestBlade said:
At least Toadette should get an NPC.

That's what Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS did right

And Luigi is nearly missing in the new cover as well. ;)

Anser said:
I think (and hope) Rosalina is a host and not a playable character. I think Mario Party just doesn't suit her. I'd rather have her being playable in Mario Golf: World Tour. I think, and this is only a theory (a very silly one, by the way) she's not a playable character because of what she's doing in the artwork. If you see, all confirmed playable characters are doing something related to the game, and Rosalina is just standing there besides her Luma. I know it's kind of stupid, but it's what I think.
I agree.

As much I'd laugh at Rosalina engaging in stuff like Hop or Pop, I can't imagine her being logically in those situations.

799px-Warop_Hop_Pop.png

Back