Mario Party: Island Tour

Mr. L rocks! said:
Anser said:
I think (and hope) Rosalina is a host and not a playable character. I think Mario Party just doesn't suit her. I'd rather have her being playable in Mario Golf: World Tour. I think, and this is only a theory (a very silly one, by the way) she's not a playable character because of what she's doing in the artwork. If you see, all confirmed playable characters are doing something related to the game, and Rosalina is just standing there besides her Luma. I know it's kind of stupid, but it's what I think.
I agree.

Rosalina isn´t playable here the proof http://mariopartylegacy.com/2013/04/rosalina-spotted-in-mario-party-3ds/

Yes, unlike Mario Kart , Mario Party has very ODD situations and minigames, yes Mario Kart is Bizzare too but its kart racing and Mario Party is like survival, fight, smash, minigames and Rosalina status is too big for that...maybe she´s Bowser´s Good counterpart and had special spaces like him.

Im still thinking...what will be the "plot"? in MP9, Bowser stole the mini-star from space, here, wants the ministars again and Bowser attack Rosalina to steal her mini-stars? and, the boss minigames will return? how they will work now? just sayain.

You know, after this, the next Mario Party installment should bring a new twist.

Well, Mario Party 9 had a new "twist" and we all know how magnificent it was pulled off...

MnSG said:
You know, after this, the next Mario Party installment should bring a new twist.

And by new twist I hope you mean going back to its roots. You know, getting coins, buying stars, using items, all characters going through the board independently, etc.

Anser said:
I think (and hope) Rosalina is a host and not a playable character. I think Mario Party just doesn't suit her. I'd rather have her being playable in Mario Golf: World Tour. I think, and this is only a theory (a very silly one, by the way) she's not a playable character because of what she's doing in the artwork. If you see, all confirmed playable characters are doing something related to the game, and Rosalina is just standing there besides her Luma. I know it's kind of stupid, but it's what I think.
I agree with the part that Rosalina makes good Party host, but it's not pleasant to say some characters shouldn't be in certain games.
In Peach's case, Nintendo once said that she doesn't fit in a SMB player, but they deny it by themselves.

Anser said:
MnSG said:

And by new twist I hope you mean going back to its roots. You know, getting coins, buying stars, using items, all characters going through the board independently, etc.

Not quite. I was more thinking of the following...

There's a total of 24 playable characters, with two types of teams being implemented...
----------------------------
Team Rosalina - Rosalina Space is good; Bowser Space is bad
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Koopa Troopa
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette

Team Bowser - Bowser Space is good; Rosalina Space is bad
Bowser Jr.
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Wendy O' Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Roy Koopa
Lemmy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Magikoopa
Boom Boom
Hammer Bro
Dry Bones
The effects of the Rosalina Space and Bowser Space are determined by which character lands on the spaces.
Rosalina Space - Team Rosalina
*Take 10 Mini Stars from Team Bowser
*Take Team Bowser's held items
*Team Bowser can only move 1-3 spaces next turn
*Team Rosalina can move 4-6 spaces next turn
*Rosalina's Battle Minigame (if Team Rosalina wins, the team takes 1/4 of Team Bowser's Mini Stars; nothing happens if Team Bowser wins)
*Double your Mini Stars (only seen if the team is trailing)
Bowser Space - Team Rosalina
*Lose 10 Mini Stars to Team Bowser
*Team Bowser takes your held items
*Team Rosalina can only move 1-3 spaces next turn
*Held items can't be used next turn
*Bowser's Battle Minigame (if Team Rosalina loses, the team loses 1/4 of its Mini Stars to Team Bowser; nothing happens if Team Rosalina wins)
*Lose half of your Mini Stars (only seen if the team is leading)
Rosalina Space - Team Bowser
*Lose 10 Mini Stars to Team Rosalina
*Team Rosalina takes your held items
*Rosalina's Battle Minigame (if Team Bowser loses, the team loses 1/4 of its Mini Stars to Team Rosalina; nothing happens if Team Bowser wins)
Bowser Space - Team Bowser
*Take 10 Mini Stars from Team Rosalina
*Take Team Rosalina's held items
*Team Bowser can move 4-6 spaces next turn
*Bowser's Battle Minigame (if Team Bowser wins, the team takes 1/4 of Team Rosalina's Mini Stars; nothing happens if Team Rosalina wins)
I'd go further, but I don't think that I should be doing it here.

MnSG said:
Not quite. I was more thinking of the following...

There's a total of 24 playable characters, with two types of teams being implemented...
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Koopa Troopa
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette

Bowser Jr.
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Wendy O' Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Roy Koopa
Lemmy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Magikoopa
Boom Boom
Hammer Bro
Dry Bones
The effects of the Rosalina Space and Bowser Space are determined by which character lands on the spaces.
Rosalina Space - Team Rosalina
*Take 10 Mini Stars from Team Bowser
*Take Team Bowser's held items
*Team Rosalina can move 4-6 spaces next turn
*Rosalina's Battle Minigame (if Team Rosalina wins, the team takes 1/4 of Team Bowser's Mini Stars; nothing happens if Team Bowser wins)
Bowser Space - Team Rosalina
*Lose 10 Mini Stars to Team Bowser
*Team Bowser takes your held items
*Bowser's Battle Minigame (if Team Rosalina loses, the team loses 1/4 of its Mini Stars to Team Bowser; nothing happens if Team Rosalina wins)
Rosalina Space - Team Bowser
*Lose 10 Mini Stars to Team Rosalina
*Team Rosalina takes your held items
*Rosalina's Battle Minigame (if Team Bowser loses, the team loses 1/4 of its Mini Stars to Team Rosalina; nothing happens if Team Bowser wins)
Bowser Space - Team Bowser
*Take 10 Mini Stars from Team Rosalina
*Take Team Rosalina's held items
*Team Bowser can move 4-6 spaces next turn
*Bowser's Battle Minigame (if Team Bowser wins, the team takes 1/4 of Team Rosalina's Mini Stars; nothing happens if Team Rosalina wins)
I'd go further, but I don't think that I should be doing it here.
That sounds like a tremendous concept to have in the series. I hope a Nintendo employee reads this.

That's a really interesting idea. But the cast list is a bit too long, and no way would the Koopalings get in a Mario Party game. Maybe something more like:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette

Bowser Jr.
Kamek
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Boo
Shy Guy
Dry Bones

Donkey Kong - wild card, does the same stuff to both teams

^Eh, I don't think Wario and Waluigi belong there.

Maybe a neutral thing should be put in where it's a 50/50 what happens when they land on a Rosalina/Bowser space

Baby Luigi said:
They'd be more out of place on Rosalina's team of do-gooders (well, Birdo's a bit grey as well, but she's better placed with Yoshi in Rosalina's corner than on Bowser's team).

I quite like the whole team idea. However, I would arrange it like this:

Rosalina's Team:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Daisy
-Toad
-Toadette

Bowser's Team:
-Wario
-Waluigi
-Dry Bones
-Koopa Troopa
-Hammer Bro.
-Shy Guy
-Kamek

... But I insist the gameplay should be the classic one. I find the Mini Stars concept pretty boring.

If I remember they never showed the car with the 4 players in in the trailer, so I think the classic system is returning, or at least another different from the two previous.

Mini stars are returning. That sucks.

Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:
They'd be more out of place on Rosalina's team of do-gooders (well, Birdo's a bit grey as well, but she's better placed with Yoshi in Rosalina's corner than on Bowser's team).
I think BabyLuigiOnFire is thinking about all those times that Wario landed on a Bowser Space and got super punishment. But, in the end, I think it's more satisfying to see Rosalina do some magic tricks on Wario.

Mini Stars suck. I like using monetary-like things for things.

Walkazo said:
That's a really interesting idea. But the cast list is a bit too long, and no way would the Koopalings get in a Mario Party game.

That's what I don't get. The Koopalings have mostly been mainstream only characters, but they haven't been involved in any actual spin-off titles; they're basically Waluigi's polar opposite. I know that my idea is a long stretch, but it's just something that could always be considered.

MnSG said:
Walkazo said:
That's a really interesting idea. But the cast list is a bit too long, and no way would the Koopalings get in a Mario Party game.
That's what I don't get. The Koopalings have mostly been mainstream only characters, but they haven't been involved in any actual spin-off titles; they're basically Waluigi's polar opposite.
While Waluigi should have been in the recent Wario game, there is no saying that Koopalings shouldn't been in other games. If Nintendo and Miyamoto decide to go with them in future SMB games, they should have a chance.

Their problem is they're a team, and they don't have individual importance as same as the main characters. You can't expect them all appear in such a title, unless it's a Baseball/Football game. My opinion is that Nintendo can try to distribute one of them to different titles.

The team showdown idea isn't bad, however there are only two or three main characters in Bowser's team and the roster wouldn't be accepted by most fans (for example, some fans prefer Rosalina instead of Larry). The species part, despite the species problem, we can't assume that all of them would help Bowser everytime, so Koopaligs must be used in this case.

Re: Mario Party 3DS

Baby Luigi said:
How come Boo looks like it will be playable again

Also, boxart in case anyone is wondering

MPIslandTour-BoxArt.png
Heck yeah, Rosalina! I might actually be interested in this game... even though I know Mario Party is best played as a group, and I don't know many people who own a 3DS.

I'd say it's ridiculous to have some Koopalings playable instead of having them all. Let's say only Ludwig and Wendy make it in. Roy's, Iggy's, and all the others' fans will be mad as hell. It's either all of them or nothing. That's why I say they should be playable exclusively in the Mario Baseball series, where they have yet to make their debut.

Cirdec said:
Squidward Tentacles said:
hopefully it has online multiplayer

I have some doubts about this, the Nintendo Network logo doesn't appear on the boxart.

Yeah I agree. Though I still don't understand why there is no online multiplayer in the Mario Party games yet

Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

I have some doubts about this, the Nintendo Network logo doesn't appear on the boxart.

Yeah I agree. Though I still don't understand why there is no online multiplayer in the Mario Party games yet

That would be awesome, doing board parties with 4 players online.

Cirdec said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

That would be awesome, doing board parties with 4 players online.

It's possible with emulation and a decent computer.

But why Nintendo hasn't decided to implement this still...is beyond me.

Anser said:
I'd say it's ridiculous to have some Koopalings playable instead of having them all. Let's say only Ludwig and Wendy make it in. Roy's, Iggy's, and all the others' fans will be mad as hell. It's either all of them or nothing. That's why I say they should be playable exclusively in the Mario Baseball series, where they have yet to make their debut.
My opinion is that Nintendo can try to distribute each one of them to different titles. Unless fans still have opinions which one of them should be in Kart, and which one in Golf or Tennis.

Back