Ray Trace

Friendly, outdoorsy, and subject to torture.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
1631939120600.png

Making a Blueshift model. I'm not close to overall finished but I'm going to unwrap, texture, and then rig her, plus port her to Gmod.

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
1632102513858.png

Love how a little color makes your model look much more alive. I also like how advanced this program is, I'm still a complete newbie at it but I have a general understanding of how the basic functions work. :V

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Chroma Key would be my next one but yeah, Blueshift was lots of fun to make! She did kitbash a lot of parts from her brother, but I also made some few tweaks to her to further distinguish herself from him. By the way, those earrings weren't present in the original drawing of her.

Decided to add them to her because I thought it fit her character, distinguishes her more from Redshift, and I think made her more cute.

Flygon64

Flygon "I'll figure this out later" 64
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Flygon64
Chroma Key would be my next one but yeah, Blueshift was lots of fun to make! She did kitbash a lot of parts from her brother, but I also made some few tweaks to her to further distinguish herself from him. By the way, those earrings weren't present in the original drawing of her.

Decided to add them to her because I thought it fit her character, distinguishes her more from Redshift, and I think made her more cute.
I think I remember seeing them on her in one of your doodle pages you posted when you had jury duty or sumthin
Yeah they really look good, pretty small but I think it really adds a good amount to the design

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I think I remember seeing them on her in one of your doodle pages you posted when you had jury duty or sumthin
Yeah they really look good, pretty small but I think it really adds a good amount to the design
I drew those sketches of her after that FOP-styled drawing. In fact, the FOP-style drawing of her was the first time I ever drew her.

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
With the help of her teammates, she needs everything she can get to help kill the Warios!

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I made this, because I wanted to familiarize myself with Inkscape (still a bit new to it, but the learning curve isn't too bad, the most challenging aspect of it was learning how to taper edges), plus Mario Party Superstars gave me inspiration to draw him in this style. Here's the SVG version of my current avatar.

Rasterized PNG for a bigger preview:

RayTraceMarioStyle.png

1636063506985.png

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Now that I don't work at Micro Center anymore, I have much more time to draw! I've done Redshift, as now, it's customary I theme myself after him every time January hits.

RedshiftMario.png

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Kontrast_SSBU.png

Rendered Kontrast, for use with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Almost all Protectors are in the game now, just need to work on Bluminescence. I really liked how he turned out, missed hearing him and having him as a teammate.

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
anyway webp does render properly on smf im pleased

gif sucks and is an outdated 90's format. it works for sprites, but not for more complex images like video game scenes and 3d animations because it's bloated as hell and it doesn't render translucency properly

to compare, a webp i have is 6.79 MB while a gif of the same dimensions is 21.3 MB. gif is a bandwidth hog so it also loads slower than webp.

anyway, here is a lot of Sims 4 animations I've outputted from 3ds max. god i love the sims 4. the animations are so top notch and filled to the brim with life and personality, it's one of the reasons i fell in love with my sims. i've extracted the animations from the sims 4, imported in 3ds max, and just rendered their animations in all their glory. one thing i learned was how to retarget animations, so i could theoretically import sims 4 animations onto, say, a new donker despite having different bone names and slightly different proportions. the main issue i come across for that method is the very different pivot points however, that causes the rotations to get all misaligned and it's something i need to fix. if i do get a new donker making a sims 4 animation i will be sure to post it! this also opens the gates of setting mario characters do sims 4 animations too so that's exciting!

which leads to the animated image of my new signature...

this is Recaredo Rojo aka Redshift as a Sim. he loves the outdoors and fishing and....well he is generally a great guy! obviously he's one of my favorite sims and i love how he has a similar look across the sims games i made him in. anyway, i picked this animation to portray him because it's one of my favorite animations in the game. basically, it's the reaction he makes when he receives a mean gift (practically an empty box), and i just absolutely adore all of the emotion conveyed with this animation, from the posture, to how he holds the object and callously tosses it down, and especially the disappointed facial expression (that half-smile just conveys that he really did wanted a good gift). i picked a yoshi doll from...idk what game (i love how it coincidentally looks maxis match to boot) because anyone who knows me knows i dislike yoshi, so this is practically my reaction to anything yoshi-related, whether it's the yoshi tour, getting kangaroo yoshi in mario kart tour, unlocking the yoshi bike first or getting yoshi as the first doctor in dr. mario world. but what i like about this is that i can replace yoshi with, say, the box for paper mario sticker star or a nintendo direct presentation and it would still hit home lol.

Ray Trace

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
don't worry, Recaredo isn't normally mean, he typically accepts any gift, and he's one of the sweetest sims in 4

TS4_x64 2021-08-04 19-20-09.png

TS4_x64 2021-08-04 19-15-09.png

TS4_x64 2021-08-26 21-14-12.png

(he got forcibly turned into a vampire he's not born one)