Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
Regarding the ending, I'll repost what I said in the other thread.
Yes, this. Star-Lord lashing out, Thanos getting the time and mind stones, killing Vision, the snap, all of it is according to Strange's plan where they win. He asked for Tony to be spared for the time stone. Tony Stark is integral to the plan they need to win.

The line "a soul for a soul" got me thinking. The only ones still alive are pretty much the OG Avengers and Rhodey. They will all sacrifice themselves and resurrect those who got snapped.

There are some big, embarassing gaps in my Marvel knowledge, most of which TV Tropes quickly help me out with, so when my dad asked me about the significance of the symbol at the very end, I just told him: "Howard the Duck is on his way."

Howard the Duck solo movie when

Captain America said:
After we're all emotional wrecks following Infinity War, here's something lighter.
what are the odds this movie's going to end with somebody turning to dust tho?

unrelated to ant man stuff, but anyone wanna speculate on what avengers 4 is going to be called?

my top guesses are:
Avengers: End Game
Avengers: Annihilation
Avengers: Infinity Quest
The New Avengers

and my personal favourite:
Avenge Us

this is the therapy i need

until the end where it shows hank and luis getting snapped :(

Captain America said:
After we're all emotional wrecks following Infinity War, here's something lighter.

was pretty disapointed by the first ant-man movie, mostly because they handled hank and hope in ways that i wasn't expecting and also because the villian was super lame, but this one looks like it'll be good
i'm so glad we're finally getting wasp in the mcu even if it did take 10 years

posting this mcu tier here because some peeps wanted to know and I needed to make a list anyways

best
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of The Galaxy
Doctor Strange

enjoyed alot
Spiderman: Homecoming
Iron Man
Black Panther
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3

good
Thor: Ragnarok
The Incredibles
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

alright
Thor
Iron Man 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor 2

bleh
The Incredible Hulk
didn't rank Infinity War as it feels like i've only seen half the story

Thanos said:
my top guesses are:
The New Avengers

Avenge Us

Annihilation is already an existing Marvel story and I doubt they'd use that name unless they were adapting that storyline. And I highly doubt that they would, especially with Annihilus being owned by Fox.

I'm also gonna tier my stuff

God tier
Avengers: Infinity War
Doctor Strange

Top tier
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man

Good tier
Black Panther
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2

Alright tier
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Shit Tier
The Incredible Hulk

Captain America said:
Thanos said:
my top guesses are:
The New Avengers

Avenge Us

Annihilation is already an existing Marvel story and I doubt they'd use that name unless they were adapting that storyline. And I highly doubt that they would, especially with Annihilus being owned by Fox.
i just heard people throwing that around and thought it was a cool name for it

although we can't forget that fox has been bought out by disney so all things are possible now

Thanos said:
I'm also gonna tier my stuff

God tier
Avengers: Infinity War
Doctor Strange

Top tier
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man

Good tier
Black Panther
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2

Alright tier
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Shit Tier
The Incredible Hulk

Captain America said:
Thanos said:
my top guesses are:
The New Avengers

Avenge Us

i just heard people throwing that around and thought it was a cool name for it

although we can't forget that fox has been bought out by disney so all things are possible now
The disney fox merger hasn't officially gone through and likely won't until late 2019/2020. Marvel already has a concrete schedule so I wouldn't expect Fox characters for awhile.

What do you think Thanos would've done if he really didn't love anyone? Would he have tried out Tinder?

he could've dragged somebody else up there to sacrifice a loved one

Or get a puppy, nurture and care for it for about 2 -3 years, then throw that off the cliff

Or he and red skull could start up a relationship, and then after 2 or 3 years together, he could throw him off the cliff

Either way good fun

Anton said:
What do you think Thanos would've done if he really didn't love anyone? Would he have tried out Tinder?

He would have lost, because he wouldn't have killed Gamora to get the Infinite Stone

Anton said:

thanos swipes his finger to hookup with half the universe

Couldn’t he have done what he wanted anyway with the reality stone? Or does ot just affect reality around him only? Because if not, then he could’ve snapped half of the universe with just it.

Anton said:
no because he uses snapchat

Iron Man said:
Couldn't he have done what he wanted anyway with the reality stone? Or does ot just affect reality around him only? Because if not, then he could've snapped half of the universe with just it.
Reality around him only. It needs the boosts of Time, Mind, Soul, Power, and Space to do half the entire universe at once.

Notice that once he left the Collector's room, Mantis and Drax both reverted to normal when they were out of range.

Miu Iruma said:
Iron Man said:
Couldn’t he have done what he wanted anyway with the reality stone? Or does ot just affect reality around him only? Because if not, then he could’ve snapped half of the universe with just it.
Reality around him only. It needs the boosts of Time, Mind, Soul, Power, and Space to do half the entire universe at once.

Notice that once he left the Collector's room, Mantis and Drax both reverted to normal when they were out of range.
Yeah, I guess I should’ve gone for that logic

But I still do think he’s actually giving the avengers a fighting chance, because even after obtaining the reality stone, he could’ve easily done to everyone what he did to Drax and Mantis back there, and then revert them to normal if they remain after the snap. But I guess they didn’t want him to be too OP. Besides, he actually managed to do it, so yeah.

Hawkeye said:
posting this mcu tier here because some peeps wanted to know and I needed to make a list anyways

best
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Guardians of The Galaxy
Doctor Strange

enjoyed alot
Spiderman: Homecoming
Iron Man
Black Panther
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3

good
The Incredibles
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

alright
Thor
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

bleh
The Incredible Hulk
didn't rank Infinity War as it feels like i've only seen half the story

i'm popping out of my retirement hole to tell you that placing any Iron Man sequel above Winter Soldier instantly invalidates your list

also Incredible Hulk > iron Man 2, it's time to face the music people

Thanos got name dropped, multiple times. I fear a few of our favorite agents may get snapped.

Back